Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Lions Big Board - 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Delmas26 wrote:
DTOW wrote:
I think Dion Jordan is going to fly up the draft boards. Hes very athletic, has great hand usage, and excells at getting after the quarterback. He will need to add some weight but hes very projectable.

Yeah I agree, his long arms and speed remind me a lot of Aldon Smith on the 49ers. Very raw and in a few years I think he will be a great pass rusher.
Yup. Oregon doesn;t unleash him on QB enough. I'd like him with the struggles at DE we seem to have as of late.

Sig bet
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tytalton wrote:
Two guys that seem to fit their mold - Shawn Williams S from Georgia and Kenjon Barner RB from Oregon.

Every year they seem to wait until the 3rd round to select at a need position and this year I think they will do that with safety (maybe our biggest need). I think Williams is the versatile type so my early money is on him as their S candidate. Barner is Jahvid 2.0 so I could see them go after him if he is there at the end of the 1st/early 2nd.

I think they'll go DE in the first but I could see Williams and Barner go in 2nd-3rd...Werner is my choice if we are sitting around 10-12
Rambo is the better S from Georgia. He is versatile as well but is a much better playmaker.

R.I.P. Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
tytalton wrote:
Two guys that seem to fit their mold - Shawn Williams S from Georgia and Kenjon Barner RB from Oregon.

Every year they seem to wait until the 3rd round to select at a need position and this year I think they will do that with safety (maybe our biggest need). I think Williams is the versatile type so my early money is on him as their S candidate. Barner is Jahvid 2.0 so I could see them go after him if he is there at the end of the 1st/early 2nd.

I think they'll go DE in the first but I could see Williams and Barner go in 2nd-3rd...Werner is my choice if we are sitting around 10-12
Rambo is the better S from Georgia. He is versatile as well but is a much better playmaker.

Honestly with the drug suspension I am just fine if we pass on Rambo until late rounds. We have had enough drama around the team, we don't need to add more known potential problems.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
tytalton wrote:

Honestly with the drug suspension I am just fine if we pass on Rambo until late rounds. We have had enough drama around the team, we don't need to add more known potential problems.
Eh, well supposedly he accidently ate drug laced brownies that weren't for him at a friends house and apparantly he went to bed before them and they made them while he was sleeping, and he ate them the next morning without knowing what they were. If thats true and it was really an accident then I'd have a bigger problem with him eating random brownies Laughing

R.I.P. Stylish
andjordand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IDOG_det"][quote="Sllim Pickens"][quote="IDOG_det"][quote="tytalton"]Two guys that seem to fit their mold - Shawn Williams S from Georgia and Kenjon Barner RB from Oregon.

I think they'll go DE in the first but I could see Williams and Barner go in 2nd-3rd...Werner is my choice if we are sitting around 10-12[/quote]Rambo is the better S from Georgia. He is versatile as well but is a much better playmaker.[/quote]

Honestly with the drug suspension I am just fine if we pass on Rambo until late rounds. We have had enough drama around the team, we don't need to add more known potential problems.[/quote]Eh, well supposedly he accidently ate drug laced brownies that weren't for him at a friends house and apparantly he went to bed before them and they made them while he was sleeping, and he ate them the next morning without knowing what they were. [i]If[/i] thats true and it was really an accident then I'd have a bigger problem with him eating random brownies :lol:[/quote]

Well... His real last name is Fudge
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack is godly in the interior, and is right at the top of my most-wanted list......challenge me if you dare.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Chance Warmack is godly in the interior, and is right at the top of my most-wanted list......challenge me if you dare.

Yup, he is a day one difference maker. I wouldn't mind if the could get Jones either.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Yup, he is a day one difference maker. I wouldn't mind if the could get Jones either.
He and Barrett Jones are really putting on a clinic against Georgia.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?
Because our RB's are too similar, and we don't have the interior blocking he's been afforded with Warmack and Jones dominating in college.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?
Because our RB's are too similar, and we don't have the interior blocking he's been afforded with Warmack and Jones dominating in college.
Our RB's are slower and are just bruisers. Lacy is a bruiser and a Best style back. He's quick, fast, has good vision (one reason he gets those gaping holes is that he finds them, they arent always where the play specifies it will be). He'll probably run a 4.5, maybe faster. He's not just runnng behind that line, he's running through the 2nd level, around the 2nd level. He's great in space and in traffic.

R.I.P. Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?
Our RB's are slower and are just bruisers. Lacy is a bruiser and a Best style back. He's quick, fast, has good vision (one reason he gets those gaping holes is that he finds them, they arent always where the play specifies it will be). He'll probably run a 4.5, maybe faster. He's not just runnng behind that line, he's running through the 2nd level, around the 2nd level. He's great in space and in traffic.
All could be said about Leshoure, it's just that he's lost some of his speed since the achilles injury. Leshoure has made a ton of plays for us because of his vision, and elusiveness.

You've gotta take into account the impact a player will provide for your team, and IMO Lacy's would be negligible with respect to Leshoure and Bell. Not worth a 2nd round pick for our team.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

Add Lacy to the list.
No.
Why not?
All could be said about Leshoure, it's just that he's lost some of his speed since the achilles injury. Leshoure has made a ton of plays for us because of his vision, and elusiveness.

You've gotta take into account the impact a player will provide for your team, and IMO Lacy's would be negligible with respect to Leshoure and Bell. Not worth a 2nd round pick for our team.
If we went Jones/Warmack in the 1st and took Lacy in the 2nd, would that be a bad thing in your opinion? Lacy is a playmaker. He has home run ability while still being able to do the dirty work. I think, even with sharing reps with Leshoure he'd still have a big impact. Do I think he'd be the best pick possible? No, I want a good DE from our 2nd rounder, but Lacy would still be provide a positive impact IMO.

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: