Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Chiefs vs Panthers: TEAM Victory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iknowcool


Joined: 15 Apr 2009
Posts: 13900
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
anybody else think Cam looks like a total me first who cares about the team guy with his stupid 1st down poses?


While that is annoying, trust me, Newton only wants to win. If anything, that is his biggest issue and something teammates have tried to help him change - it gets to the point he cares about winning too much, it affects his play due to sulking or trying to do too much. He doesn't deal with it very well but he's been dealing with adversity better.

Good win guys. I wouldn't buy much into Quinn but the Chiefs should have a lot of talent in place for a new coach and whomever your next QB is just as long as Bowe stays. Really wish we could have gotten Poe, even though I still like Luke a lot.
_________________

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Totty


Joined: 05 Jan 2006
Posts: 9521
Location: Moundsville W.V.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Throughly, totally, genuinely happy you guys got the win today. That was the epitome of a team becoming a family.
_________________


First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eric Berry


Joined: 23 Jan 2011
Posts: 381
Location: Lexington, KY
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause

Throughly, totally, genuinely happy you guys got the win today. That was the epitome of a team becoming a family.


We really appreciate it man. Especially coming from a rival team. This entire situation was so depressing. Zoe will never know her parents and two lives were taken when they still had their entire lives around them. Other lives were permanently changed by this tragedy. It is a sad reminder that there is so much more to life than a football game. But maybe seeing how the team reacted today, came together, leaned on each other, and ultimately became a family was hopefully a good sign for the future.

In all, thank you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in this devastating tragedy. We can only hope that some of those involved are able to recover and continue to love their lives to their utmost capability and happiness.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 16321
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also was very happy to see you guys win.

Browns had a Equipment guy take his life the same morning. Crazy stuff and thoughts are we the loved ones of both.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buckweath


Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 871
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
Its a shame that it takes something like this to get some fire out of the team.

If Quinn can play like this consistently, we do not need a new QB. One will likely be drafted, but the urgency is less. He looked very comfortable in the pocket, unlike earlier in the season. You cannot like the lack of accuracy, but they can stretch the field now.

J


What? Are you serious? Quinn played well but really nothing great.

He could have posted similar stats and played that well for the full season, and I'd still think we need a top QB prospect at all costs.

Maybe he can be a decent #2 though.

Chiefs really need Geno Smith and I'm afraid we win any more games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jakuvious


Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Posts: 10362
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckweath wrote:

What? Are you serious? Quinn played well but really nothing great.

He could have posted similar stats and played that well for the full season, and I'd still think we need a top QB prospect at all costs.

Maybe he can be a decent #2 though.

Chiefs really need Geno Smith and I'm afraid we win any more games.


So you think if we had a QB who set NFL records in completion percentage and QB rating for a season, we would still need to draft one?
_________________

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
56 catches, 747 yards, 5 TDs, one very funny obscene gesture, and one fumble that wasn't a fumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonwayne


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 14731
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So right now we are competing with the Jags for the #1 pick.

I also just realized that the Eagles are only one game behind us at 3-9. Is there a way to check strength of schedule to see who has the tougher schedule between us and the Jaguars? I think that they will take Geno if they have the pick above us. Or maybe the Eagles will try to trade ahead of us. Not sure at this point, just hoping that we find a way to get the #1 pick.
_________________
Sigbet with El Ramster; OKC wins title = I win. IND wins title = he wins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kylecumberland


Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Posts: 1161
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
So right now we are competing with the Jags for the #1 pick.

I also just realized that the Eagles are only one game behind us at 3-9. Is there a way to check strength of schedule to see who has the tougher schedule between us and the Jaguars? I think that they will take Geno if they have the pick above us. Or maybe the Eagles will try to trade ahead of us. Not sure at this point, just hoping that we find a way to get the #1 pick.


If us and the jags end up with the same record we will have the number 1 pick, because we have an easier strength of schedule. The only team that would win a tiebreaker against us is Oakland. They have 3 wins right now, but if we end up with the same record, the raiders pick ahead of us. So the game in to weeks against them is going to be critical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KC_Guy


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 7442
Location: Brussels, Belgium
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no way to review the game but one thing I noticed is the Chiefs played a whole bunch of rookies. Apart from the top four draft picks (Poe, Allen, Stephenson) also undrafted rookies Tysyn Hartman, Neiko Thorpe, as well as first year players Jamar Newsome and Patrick DiMarco saw quite a bit of action.

First impression: Poe, Allen and Stephenson did an excellent job. Not sure about the others. Hartman (#31) showed upquite often in replays - hustling along. Thorpegot burned on that deep ball to Smith. Anyone willing to take a closer look? The performance of those guys may have significant impact on next year's draft posture.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Arrowhead86


Joined: 07 Dec 2004
Posts: 4382
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
I have no way to review the game but one thing I noticed is the Chiefs played a whole bunch of rookies. Apart from the top four draft picks (Poe, Allen, Stephenson) also undrafted rookies Tysyn Hartman, Neiko Thorpe, as well as first year players Jamar Newsome and Patrick DiMarco saw quite a bit of action.

First impression: Poe, Allen and Stephenson did an excellent job. Not sure about the others. Hartman (#31) showed upquite often in replays - hustling along. Thorpegot burned on that deep ball to Smith. Anyone willing to take a closer look? The performance of those guys may have significant impact on next year's draft posture.


Overall they played well. Regarding Thorpe, he was beaten on the TD but he played it pretty well. Great throw by Cam and catch by Smith. In an article today (read so many I cannot recall which) he was lauded for playing Smith tough on the Panthers final drive (I seem to recall them mentioning two Smith targets that failed because of Thorpes coverage).
_________________
Throw to score! Run to win!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6675
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
I have no way to review the game but one thing I noticed is the Chiefs played a whole bunch of rookies. Apart from the top four draft picks (Poe, Allen, Stephenson) also undrafted rookies Tysyn Hartman, Neiko Thorpe, as well as first year players Jamar Newsome and Patrick DiMarco saw quite a bit of action.

First impression: Poe, Allen and Stephenson did an excellent job. Not sure about the others. Hartman (#31) showed upquite often in replays - hustling along. Thorpegot burned on that deep ball to Smith. Anyone willing to take a closer look? The performance of those guys may have significant impact on next year's draft posture.


Overall they played well. Regarding Thorpe, he was beaten on the TD but he played it pretty well. Great throw by Cam and catch by Smith. In an article today (read so many I cannot recall which) he was lauded for playing Smith tough on the Panthers final drive (I seem to recall them mentioning two Smith targets that failed because of Thorpes coverage).


I remember seeing #30 (Jalil Brown) covering Steve Smith quite a bit and definitely seemed to be holding his own.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10925
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

What? Are you serious? Quinn played well but really nothing great.

He could have posted similar stats and played that well for the full season, and I'd still think we need a top QB prospect at all costs.

Maybe he can be a decent #2 though.

Chiefs really need Geno Smith and I'm afraid we win any more games.


So you think if we had a QB who set NFL records in completion percentage and QB rating for a season, we would still need to draft one?

If that was done against 16 weeks of playing the Panthers, then yes, I'd still support a new QB. That's the stats you are using and applying to a whole season, as if he could do that against all teams. Maybe he could, and if he did, super, problem solved.

We of all fan bases should know not to apply stats from one season against weaker then normal competition to determine if a guy is good or not.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OILCHIEFS


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 1473
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

What? Are you serious? Quinn played well but really nothing great.

He could have posted similar stats and played that well for the full season, and I'd still think we need a top QB prospect at all costs.

Maybe he can be a decent #2 though.

Chiefs really need Geno Smith and I'm afraid we win any more games.


So you think if we had a QB who set NFL records in completion percentage and QB rating for a season, we would still need to draft one?

If that was done against 16 weeks of playing the Panthers, then yes, I'd still support a new QB. That's the stats you are using and applying to a whole season, as if he could do that against all teams. Maybe he could, and if he did, super, problem solved.

We of all fan bases should know not to apply stats from one season against weaker then normal competition to determine if a guy is good or not.



I see what you did there Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigschmadt00


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 10925
Location: 500 miles East of Sack City!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
I have no way to review the game but one thing I noticed is the Chiefs played a whole bunch of rookies. Apart from the top four draft picks (Poe, Allen, Stephenson) also undrafted rookies Tysyn Hartman, Neiko Thorpe, as well as first year players Jamar Newsome and Patrick DiMarco saw quite a bit of action.

First impression: Poe, Allen and Stephenson did an excellent job. Not sure about the others. Hartman (#31) showed upquite often in replays - hustling along. Thorpegot burned on that deep ball to Smith. Anyone willing to take a closer look? The performance of those guys may have significant impact on next year's draft posture.


Overall they played well. Regarding Thorpe, he was beaten on the TD but he played it pretty well. Great throw by Cam and catch by Smith. In an article today (read so many I cannot recall which) he was lauded for playing Smith tough on the Panthers final drive (I seem to recall them mentioning two Smith targets that failed because of Thorpes coverage).


I remember seeing #30 (Jalil Brown) covering Steve Smith quite a bit and definitely seemed to be holding his own.

Yep, he came in for Arenas when he went down, and then moved over to cover Lafell when Flowers went down, and that's when Thorpe came in to cover Smith.

In general they all did pretty well. Tackling was pretty suspect by Brown and Thorpe. Thorpe's biggest knock coming out seemed to be physicality.

As for Hartman, he wasn't nearly as lost as I've seen from our back-up safeties in the past 3-4 years. I did see in a few replays some late reactions and false steps. I think talent wise he's better then Sabby or McGraw, he either is lacking in instincts or simply needs more experience.

As it stands, we need to draft both a CB and Safety as high as the 2nd but at least by the 4th, maybe 5th.

Outside of Flowers and Arenas, we can't rely on anyone for long stretches as it stands, and add to the fact that Flowers gets banged up every season if not misses a few games, and Arenas will most likely start to get nagging injuries given his current work load. I don't think Brown or Thorpe's ceiling is as a good #2, but more like a good dime/good 1-2 game depth for injury.

At Safety, Lewis continues to miss multiple games per year. It's also somewhat questionable how he'll fit in a new DC's scheme. Elam has been a big disappointment IMO. Hartman is some decent depth, but similar to Thorpe and Brown not someone I'd currently want as a long term starter. Will we need a 3rd safety "Jack" under a new DC? If not, then that greatly reduces the need to solid depth with starter upside. If we are going to use a lot of 3 safety sets, then we absolutely still need a starter level player for that role.

And IMO this is shaping up to be the deepest safety class in the last several years. The position has a relatively low supply of good prospects IMO, but this year is an outlier. It makes a lot of sense to grab a guy in the 3rd or so that can provide great value like a Baccari Rambo, Shawn Williams, or Philip Thomas.
_________________

^ryknowssd on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicfre2011


Joined: 15 Mar 2011
Posts: 6675
Location: SC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
I have no way to review the game but one thing I noticed is the Chiefs played a whole bunch of rookies. Apart from the top four draft picks (Poe, Allen, Stephenson) also undrafted rookies Tysyn Hartman, Neiko Thorpe, as well as first year players Jamar Newsome and Patrick DiMarco saw quite a bit of action.

First impression: Poe, Allen and Stephenson did an excellent job. Not sure about the others. Hartman (#31) showed upquite often in replays - hustling along. Thorpegot burned on that deep ball to Smith. Anyone willing to take a closer look? The performance of those guys may have significant impact on next year's draft posture.


Overall they played well. Regarding Thorpe, he was beaten on the TD but he played it pretty well. Great throw by Cam and catch by Smith. In an article today (read so many I cannot recall which) he was lauded for playing Smith tough on the Panthers final drive (I seem to recall them mentioning two Smith targets that failed because of Thorpes coverage).


I remember seeing #30 (Jalil Brown) covering Steve Smith quite a bit and definitely seemed to be holding his own.

Yep, he came in for Arenas when he went down, and then moved over to cover Lafell when Flowers went down, and that's when Thorpe came in to cover Smith.

In general they all did pretty well. Tackling was pretty suspect by Brown and Thorpe. Thorpe's biggest knock coming out seemed to be physicality.

As for Hartman, he wasn't nearly as lost as I've seen from our back-up safeties in the past 3-4 years. I did see in a few replays some late reactions and false steps. I think talent wise he's better then Sabby or McGraw, he either is lacking in instincts or simply needs more experience.

As it stands, we need to draft both a CB and Safety as high as the 2nd but at least by the 4th, maybe 5th.

Outside of Flowers and Arenas, we can't rely on anyone for long stretches as it stands, and add to the fact that Flowers gets banged up every season if not misses a few games, and Arenas will most likely start to get nagging injuries given his current work load. I don't think Brown or Thorpe's ceiling is as a good #2, but more like a good dime/good 1-2 game depth for injury.

At Safety, Lewis continues to miss multiple games per year. It's also somewhat questionable how he'll fit in a new DC's scheme. Elam has been a big disappointment IMO. Hartman is some decent depth, but similar to Thorpe and Brown not someone I'd currently want as a long term starter. Will we need a 3rd safety "Jack" under a new DC? If not, then that greatly reduces the need to solid depth with starter upside. If we are going to use a lot of 3 safety sets, then we absolutely still need a starter level player for that role.

And IMO this is shaping up to be the deepest safety class in the last several years. The position has a relatively low supply of good prospects IMO, but this year is an outlier. It makes a lot of sense to grab a guy in the 3rd or so that can provide great value like a Baccari Rambo, Shawn Williams, or Philip Thomas.


My mancrush is Phillip Thomas. I do like the idea of adding a young talent to push Lewis. What I love about Thomas is his playmaking ability as both a run defender and pass defender. We need playmakers in the secondary - players that can generate turnovers. Thomas is a turnover machine plain and simple.

I know we have talked about him before, but I like the idea of adding Derek Cox as a free agent if the price is right. The big concern is his ability to remain healthy, but when he is on the field he is a solid cornerback.

Unfortunately with the loss of Belcher ILB is a much bigger need than before this weekend. I think Siler should be re-signed but I definitely want to look at the crop of ILBs in the draft like Kiko Alonso and Gerald Hodges for example.
_________________


Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group