Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders vs Browns 2012 GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Yes, they do if it's worthy

Please find me an example.

Oh and I forgot this one.

Tom Brady. Started as a 4th string QB, played well enough to earn his way up to the 2nd string, then we know the rest.

I could find more examples, I'm sure of it... wait... let me get one.... Yep, Tony Romo.... I'm sure I can find a lot more but there's 2 examples that took me 15 seconds to think of. You can do your own research now.

And since I edited this, I want to make sure that if you think things are so obvious, there's no need to post them (in reference to the work ethic =/= talent)

You said the press was raving about their practice performance. Which never happened in the regular season. I asked you to show me or prove it and you came up with two examples that don't apply. These guys only got chances because of injury or looking good in preseason. Neither of which is what we're dealing with

I never limited my discussion to solely on the regular season but instead, and I've said many times, throughout camps, preseason, and regular season. Brady and Romo both did enough to consistently move up the depth chart and were given their chance due to injury, you're right.... well Brady at least. I think Romo came in on his own account midseason due to how he was performing in practices and how Bledsoe wasn't getting it done. He could've been hurt but that was too long ago for me to remember.

According to Wiki's page of Brady (b/c that was also too long ago to remember), Brady climbed the depth chart over the course of the season in his rookie year. Now whether the press was ranting and raving about it is irrelevant b/c he was obviously getting notice and moving up accordingly.

So essentially, it is what we're dealing w/ b/c Pryor can't jump Leinart for whatever the reason may be and I've provided two instances in which it has happened to other players.

EDIT: To add to this, I doubt Brady was even going to get his shot w/o injury b/c they're even more in the same boat b/c there was no way a guy was going to leap Bledsoe and the amount of money they had invested in him. At least not in the middle of the season.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/12/04/raiders-sign-fbrb-to-active-roster/

Quote:
The Raiders filled the vacancy on their 53-man roster by signing fullback/running back Jamize Olawale from the Dallas Cowboys practice squad.

The Raiders expect back running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson in time for Thursday night’s game against the Denver Broncos.
Good thing, too, for their primary replacement the past four games, Marcel Reece, is hobbled by hamstring and quadriceps injuries right now.

Son of a

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2012/12/04/raiders-sign-fbrb-to-active-roster/

Quote:
The Raiders filled the vacancy on their 53-man roster by signing fullback/running back Jamize Olawale from the Dallas Cowboys practice squad.

The Raiders expect back running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson in time for Thursday night’s game against the Denver Broncos.
Good thing, too, for their primary replacement the past four games, Marcel Reece, is hobbled by hamstring and quadriceps injuries right now.

Son of a

Reece was getting up slowly every play last week, no surprise there.

Olawale listed as WR in college.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Quote:

Son of a

there goes the neighborhood and the running game lol

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Quote:

Son of a

Well yeah, but McFadden was likely to take alot of his carries away anyway. And Stewart looked Ok in relief.

We'll be throwing 55 times again, that's for sure.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Quote:

Son of a

Well yeah, but McFadden was likely to take alot of his carries away anyway. And Stewart looked Ok in relief.

I think Knapp finally unleashes himself on us since he's in charge most of the week. Over/Under 100 throws? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Greg Knapp wrote:
hopefully that carries over now with Terrelle [Pryor] and we get the right situations to use the package that we have. We plan on having him up again this Thursday and use him in the right situations to help develop his growth

I really hope this isn't all just talk... I really want to see him play.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:

We'll have to regardless. Our defense won't be able to keep us in the game.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Quote:

Son of a

Against the Saints as well. Clearly Reece is overworked.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52

Jump to: