Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders vs Browns 2012 GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macklemore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
No way we get swept.

Our defense disagrees.

So does our offense

Special Teams Too.

and the garbage time warrior.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
I don't know, i have never heard any reports about 3rd string players during the season. I only heard Knapp saying he's showing improvements in the mechanics and on the mental aspect of the game last week. That doesn't mean much though.
But what i'm saying is what do we have to gain by playing Palmer or Leinart in the remaining games? Knapp is gone. We're gonna run a new offense next year. We'll start over once again. Leinart will be gone with him.
I'm not expecting much from Pryor but i don't know why it hurts to play him now.

So much easier to quote and type now that I'm not on my phone haha.

What we have to gain is the obvious lack of rapport that Carson is having w/ his WRs lately. If he is in the plans next season, and I don't see why he is not, he needs all the reps and work he can w/ these young guys. Then we need to bring someone in who can teach them how to catch.

I really hope you're right about Knapp being gone. It makes sense but we cannot be so certain. If Leinart is gone then great, Pryor SHOULD instantly go to the number 2 spot. From there, he'll continue to work and get practice. His mind seems frail after seeing that interview last week. The last thing we need is to send him out there and potentially ruin his confidence.

............. And again, I want to win every game. I hate losing. Carson gives us the best chance to win, hands down, so that is who I want out there.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Yes, they do if it's worthy

Please find me an example.

Oh and I forgot this one.

Tom Brady. Started as a 4th string QB, played well enough to earn his way up to the 2nd string, then we know the rest.

I could find more examples, I'm sure of it... wait... let me get one.... Yep, Tony Romo.... I'm sure I can find a lot more but there's 2 examples that took me 15 seconds to think of. You can do your own research now.

And since I edited this, I want to make sure that if you think things are so obvious, there's no need to post them (in reference to the work ethic =/= talent)

PM sig requests.

Last edited by JTagg7754 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

OK, so if Leinart is that worthless, why is it Pryor can't show more than him in practice to jump him in the depth chart?? It's really that simple. If Leinart is that worthless and Pryor is showing enough to warrant playing time, he should easily be able to jump Leinart, correct? Since he cannot do such a seemingly easy task, what can we take from it??

I already told you they're not having a competition for the 2nd string QB in the middle of the season.
The only reason they would give Pryor some playing time now is because the games left to play are totally meaningless. If we were fighting for a playoff spot, no one would be asking for Pryor to play. Bu we have nothing to lose now.

Jtagg will give up his first born not to see pryor play as a raider. Multiple posters have said the samething over and over again to him. He just don't get it and never will cause his hatred for the guy.

Completely untrue. I want the best person out there. That's all. No hatred, bias, our anything. Pryor isn't that option. I don't like losing, ever.

So you feel criner is one of our best wrs.

Yesterday, I believe he was the only WR that didn't drop a pass. I am probably wrong though b/c it seemed everyone dropped multiple.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
It's execution. Leinart looks better because he knows the offense. Pryor is still a work in progress but not something that can't be evaluated in a game. I can't tell you what the coaching staff thinks.

You pretty much just did...... well you threw out a definitive statement followed by a theory so you kinda did.....

Quote:
The fact that the guy is finally suiting up should tell you something though.

If we knew he was suiting up for a QB spot, yeah, it would. I don't feel he is though except in wildcat formations that might come out.

Quote:
This team is going nowhere and Leinart isn't under contract next year. At some point the staff wants to see who has potential and who they can keep around next year. The crop of college QBs coming in aren't exciting at all. You might as well see what he gives you. The guys you have under contract next season are gonna be evaluated.

We already have a QB who still needs to work w/ his young WRs as much as he can. You take away his reps, you take away development. It's obvious they need to learn from each other. Yesterday, there weren't many throws to spots where WRs weren't so it looks as if they're getting better there but these guys need Carson to keep throwing them the ball. You get Pryor out there throwing his lofty, wobblers, it's gonna f things up.

I don't mind him going out there in a wildcat formation or if we're down by 40 but other than that, nope. He obviously hasn't earned his shot.

PM sig requests.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
We already have a QB who still needs to work w/ his young WRs as much as he can. You take away his reps, you take away development. It's obvious they need to learn from each other. Yesterday, there weren't many throws to spots where WRs weren't so it looks as if they're getting better there but these guys need Carson to keep throwing them the ball. You get Pryor out there throwing his lofty, wobblers, it's gonna f things up.

I don't mind him going out there in a wildcat formation or if we're down by 40 but other than that, nope. He obviously hasn't earned his shot.

Totally agree, if we're out of the game (or up by 40 against the Broncos Very Happy ) Pryor should definately see some time, but to just throw him in ala sink or swim would have an unpleasant and inevitable conclusion i fear.

Carson needs to work with the receivers as long as possible to help their development, they are all young guys and will benefit in the long run.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
well at least we know which team is on the rise....

Why does a Bears fan care about the Raiders vs Browns?

How original of you Rolling Eyes

If I wanted to pile on, I could have done a lot worse, don't you think. And at this point, the only way you guys can go is up. It's probably a good thing, better draft position, give Reggie some amunition to work with.

And if I wanted to be an a-hole, that would come this Thur, and I won't be that guy, I know what it's like having heard it over and over (still) on the 59-14 drubbing....

This Thursday? when we beat you?

oh yeah....I went there

Can talk the smack, but really just a hack.......we'll pick up this conversation on Thursday 3828 Wink Cool

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I think we (KC) were the 3rd most DESERVING playoff team this year

PLAYOFFS ?!???? PLAYOFFS ?!??
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be honest. Losing this game was much better then winning. Now the Browns have a better record and we continue to climb the draft board.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Lets be honest. Losing this game was much better then winning. Now the Browns have a better record and we continue to climb the draft board.

Then you should enjoy Thursdays game as well.

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:

I think we (KC) were the 3rd most DESERVING playoff team this year

PLAYOFFS ?!???? PLAYOFFS ?!??
raidersbaby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
No way we get swept.

Our defense disagrees.

So does our offense

Special Teams Too.

LMAO
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

We get it
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Yup. Win or lose, I'll be a happy camper. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidersbaby wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
thelawoffices wrote:
CrashMan510 wrote:
No way we get swept.

Our defense disagrees.

So does our offense

Special Teams Too.

LMAO

dont forget about the coaching staff!

just for that knapp is gonna bootleg the crap out of cp and tarver will sit in zone d.

von and champ will eat. manning will pick us apart. the running game might show life if dmac stays out.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Knapp wrote:
hopefully that carries over now with Terrelle [Pryor] and we get the right situations to use the package that we have. We plan on having him up again this Thursday and use him in the right situations to help develop his growth

Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Yes, they do if it's worthy

Please find me an example.

Oh and I forgot this one.

Tom Brady. Started as a 4th string QB, played well enough to earn his way up to the 2nd string, then we know the rest.

I could find more examples, I'm sure of it... wait... let me get one.... Yep, Tony Romo.... I'm sure I can find a lot more but there's 2 examples that took me 15 seconds to think of. You can do your own research now.

And since I edited this, I want to make sure that if you think things are so obvious, there's no need to post them (in reference to the work ethic =/= talent)

You said the press was raving about their practice performance. Which never happened in the regular season. I asked you to show me or prove it and you came up with two examples that don't apply. These guys only got chances because of injury or looking good in preseason. Neither of which is what we're dealing with

#FreeAgent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52

Jump to: