Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mile High Stadium

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Mile High Stadium Reply with quote

Just read in the Denver Post that the city will be spending 30 million dollars on upgrading Mile High Stadium.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22241443/broncos-stadium-district-spend-30-million-stadium-improvements

This led me to thinking, why didn't the Broncos bite the bullet and build a stadium akin to the one in Houston- a retractable roof. Over time, the roof would have paid for itself per multiple super bowls that would have been hosted in Denver. Think about the boost to the local economy from periodically hosting the Super bowl as well as other events.

Looking at the quarter back we have now, nothing would have suited him better than a retractable roof. Why wasn't this given serious consideration at the time of construction. Seems there was really no economic downturn to building a retractable roof stadium.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Mile High Stadium Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Just read in the Denver Post that the city will be spending 30 million dollars on upgrading Mile High Stadium.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22241443/broncos-stadium-district-spend-30-million-stadium-improvements

This led me to thinking, why didn't the Broncos bite the bullet and build a stadium akin to the one in Houston- a retractable roof. Over time, the roof would have paid for itself per multiple super bowls that would have been hosted in Denver. Think about the boost to the local economy from periodically hosting the Super bowl as well as other events.

Looking at the quarter back we have now, nothing would have suited him better than a retractable roof. Why wasn't this given serious consideration at the time of construction. Seems there was really no economic downturn to building a retractable roof stadium.

Umm....maybe because football is a sport that is meant to be played outdoors.

"Retractable roof" stadiums and domes on football fields irritate me, no, forget that, they pi$$ me the f*** off to no end.

To your point more specifically, is it a football stadium or a community center? The City and County of Denver has more than enough space to rent out for whatever the hell they want, from monster truck rallies to presidential nomination conventions.

We can have a Super Bowl here. We have an awesome state, an awesome capital city, great nightlife, plenty of hotel space. If sitting outside for a football game in sub-70 degree weather irritates the vaginas of the NFL's corporate partners, tough s***, they can watch the game from their beach house in Malibu or their loft on the Upper East Side.

Mile High Stadium is and should always be an open-air stadium with natural grass. If the Broncos organization and the state of Colorado are not going to support that then, screw it, I wish the Mayans would have been right.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Tell us how you really feel.
Twizlers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Very Happy
Tell us how you really feel.

Lol

I love Mile High. Why would we have a closed stadium when the best part is that the whole east side gets a beautiful view of the Rockies? They look even better snow capped in the winter, I would endure the cold to have that view (like I'll be doing tomorrow).
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they put a F*(%$&(&(&%()##@_Q&cking roof on the Mile High...I will be so F(&%($#(*)#$cking mad. I miss the old Mile High...now they are going to EFF with the new one? No F)%&)%))#Qcking way.

Does everything have to be about money. Soon, the Packers and the Bears will get retractable domes.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone bothered to read the article most of it is going to improving video boards, TVs and other small things.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Mile High Stadium Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

"Retractable roof" stadiums and domes on football fields irritate me, no, forget that, they pi$$ me the f*** off to no end.

To your point more specifically, is it a football stadium or a community center? The City and County of Denver has more than enough space to rent out for whatever the hell they want, from monster truck rallies to presidential nomination conventions.

We can have a Super Bowl here. We have an awesome state, an awesome capital city, great nightlife, plenty of hotel space. If sitting outside for a football game in sub-70 degree weather irritates the vaginas of the NFL's corporate partners, tough s***, they can watch the game from their beach house in Malibu or their loft on the Upper East Side.

Mile High Stadium is and should always be an open-air stadium with natural grass. If the Broncos organization and the state of Colorado are not going to support that then, screw it, I wish the Mayans would have been right.

As for the Mayans, as this one Pastor said, the reason that their calendar didn't go past 2012 is that they ran out of clay tablets Laughing .

As for domes, cities build them because they want to host Final Fours, but I agree with you about the Super Bowl. Now it seems that the girlie-men don't want any rain at a Super Bowl after the Bear-Colt one. Pathetic.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Mile High Stadium Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

chiiiiiiiiiil man Rolling Eyes
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
If anyone bothered to read the article most of it is going to improving video boards, TVs and other small things.

Yeah Im not really sure why everyone is freaking out.

Its not the old Mile High, it may never be, what the team is doing is just upgrading the fan experience inside the stadium.

Not a huge deal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Yeah Im not really sure why everyone is freaking out.

Its not the old Mile High, it may never be, what the team is doing is just upgrading the fan experience inside the stadium.

Not a huge deal.
And trust me the video boards need to be upgraded along with the TVs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I miss from the old Mile high was how loud it was. The fans were like Seattle is. It made it all the more difficult for the opposition.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbgar wrote:
The only thing I miss from the old Mile high was how loud it was. The fans were like Seattle is. It made it all the more difficult for the opposition.

I think that's more a result of the culture of fans in the lower bowl than anything to do with the stadium. Because ticket prices are so expensive, the wine and cheese crowd are the only ones who can afford to sit in the level 1 seats. Problem is those folks are there to be there and be seen by their society friends there. Many of them want a pleasant game day experience, I have heard stories of people literally being asked to sit down by wealthy season ticket holders in those seats.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bbgar wrote:

I think that's more a result of the culture of fans in the lower bowl than anything to do with the stadium. Because ticket prices are so expensive, the wine and cheese crowd are the only ones who can afford to sit in the level 1 seats. Problem is those folks are there to be there and be seen by their society friends there. Many of them want a pleasant game day experience, I have heard stories of people literally being asked to sit down by wealthy season ticket holders in those seats.

thats a joke. the only time you should sit down at a nfl game is when there is a timeout, a quarter is over, or it is halftime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: