Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
copeland wrote:
If we do actually make it to the super bowl this year, I hope like hell it involves beating the Pats to get there.

Damn straight!

If we make the Super Bowl I want it to be this way too. Then I can truly believe we're the AFC's best. Problem is, we still matchup terribly against the Pats. So much of their production goes through those two TE's, and we can't cover average tight ends, let alone two of the best in the league. Hernandez alone will give us nightmares. A healthy Gronk + Hernandez is a recipe for disaster, as we've seen a lot over the last couple seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
copeland wrote:
If we do actually make it to the super bowl this year, I hope like hell it involves beating the Pats to get there.

Damn straight!

If we make the Super Bowl I want it to be this way too. Then I can truly believe we're the AFC's best. Problem is, we still matchup terribly against the Pats. So much of their production goes through those two TE's, and we can't cover average tight ends, let alone two of the best in the league. Hernandez alone will give us nightmares. A healthy Gronk + Hernandez is a recipe for disaster, as we've seen a lot over the last couple seasons.

i dont believe in this logic. who cares what teams they beat to get there. if ne cant handle their business in their home playoff game then thats their problem. with that being said i dont think the patriots are unstoppable with both those guys playing. neither of them are completely healthy like they were last season and the defense is much better than they were in week 5.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Broncos are crap against TE's. Pitta was one of the leading WR's last week, in the league.

I think if I were the coaching staff, and not to get ahead of anything, and to not prepare for the game at hand...I would be scheming and thinking about how to stop the two TE set, AND the up tempo pace that the Pat's play at.

However, I think if the Pat's have to travel to Denver for a playoff game, and they want to play up tempo...I say go ahead...play up tempo...that will end quickly when they try to catch their breaths.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^Broncos are crap against TE's. Pitta was one of the leading WR's last week, in the league.

I think if I were the coaching staff, and not to get ahead of anything, and to not prepare for the game at hand...I would be scheming and thinking about how to stop the two TE set, AND the up tempo pace that the Pat's play at.

However, I think if the Pat's have to travel to Denver for a playoff game, and they want to play up tempo...I say go ahead...play up tempo...that will end quickly when they try to catch their breaths.

and when they try to hear the signals.
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Denver does suck against TEs but pitta is a bad example there. His numbers completely came in garbage time and he was limited before that. Also, we've actually been decent covering their tight ends. It's welker and woodhead who kill us

Thanks, Tzimisce
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

and when they try to hear the signals.

That is a good point...true.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
After today's games, the Broncos have a shot at the #1 seed. Broncos and Texans are tied at 12-3. With a Broncos win next week (at home vs KC) plus a Texans loss (away game at Indy), the Broncos will claim #1. Any other scenario leaves the Broncos as 2nd seed.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

So does Indy want to win or lose that game honestly?
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:
After today's games, the Broncos have a shot at the #1 seed. Broncos and Texans are tied at 12-3. With a Broncos win next week (at home vs KC) plus a Texans loss (away game at Indy), the Broncos will claim #1. Any other scenario leaves the Broncos as 2nd seed.

#chuckstrong

We can still be 3rd seed by the way.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

It will be Pagano's first game back on the sidelines. The players will want to get a "W" for him and the crowd will be rocking.

I still give a slight edge to Houston simply because they are the better team. But everything is aligned for the Colts to rise to the occasion and get this win. If they do, I have no doubt the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl. With the way this team is playing, I don't see any team coming in to Denver and winning.
Canton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

It will be Pagano's first game back on the sidelines. The players will want to get a "W" for him and the crowd will be rocking.

I still give a slight edge to Houston simply because they are the better team. But everything is aligned for the Colts to rise to the occasion and get this win. If they do, I have no doubt the Broncos will be in the Super Bowl. With the way this team is playing, I don't see any team coming in to Denver and winning.

New England has more than enough talent, experience, intel and coaching on both sides of the ball to come in and do just that, beat the Broncos.
brncos4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defenitly worried about patriots..not wworried about anyone else..people talk about broncos losing to NE, houston and atlanta, and say who did they beat..My answer to them is the broncos played those 3 teams in the 1st 5 weeks and are a much better team..manning has akot better chemistry, so i do feel better about beaating pats but wont be easy,i live in NE and im so sick of pats fans being cocky...
elliot878

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only non-Pats fans from NE will understand my desire to go through the Pats if we are to make the SB, even if i do doubt our ability to beat them (even in Denver).

You just dont get the arrogance of that fan base if youre not from NE. A fan base that gained 90% of its membership after 2001, and will be gone again once Tom Brady retires and they fall off a cliff in the W column. Seriously, i knew one Pats fan before 2001, and I'm from CT.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

New England has more than enough talent, experience, intel and coaching on both sides of the ball to come in and do just that, beat the Broncos.

I respectfully disagree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: