Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the playoff picture stands now (Dec 17th), the pairings would be for the AFC Wildcard weekend on Jan 5-6:
(6th Seed) Cincinnati @ (3rd Seed) New England
(5th Seed) Indianapolis @ (4th Seed) Baltimore

If Denver finishes with the #2 seed, it will play on Jan 12-13 weekend against the highest winning seed from the Wildcard weekend.

So, the Broncos could play New England, if they win, but the good news is the game would be in Denver.

An interesting coach's decision will be whether to rest key players in the final game. If they sit, for example, Peyton Manning, then they might risk the #2 seed.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way you rest starters with #2 seed at stake. That's what the bye week is for. You can rest them then. You get the same rest plus one less game. No brainer.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Amazing...the Broncos a 2nd seed. That means, Colts or Ravens have to come to Denver, if the standings remain as they are.

The Patriots would have to go to Houston, if they beat the Steelers or Bengals.

I wonder how differently the game will be with Pats going to Texans. I think Broncos vs. Texans might be an easier game, even in Houston. But, Pat's at Broncos, I would love the Broncos to slap Brady around a bit for the regular season loss.

This is incorrect. If we remain the 2nd seed the Pats have 2 easy wins against Jags and Dolphins they would remain 3 seed. They play the 6th seed the will win that game vs Cincy, Pitt or possibly Colts if they stumble.

Us being the 2nd seed we would play the highest winning seed, so we would play the 3 seed which will be the Pats, so our first game will be the pats in Denver if there are no wild upsets.

So the only way we dont play the Pats in our first Playoff game is if the Texans stumble and lose to Vikings and Colts and we win out we get the 1st seed. Or if the Pats somehow get upset in the Wildcard game against the 6th seed.
So basically we get the AFC Championship against the Pats for our first Playoff game, if we win that I have no doubt we can beat anyone else to make it to the big dance on Bourbon street.

Huh? I am wrong? You have the Broncos playing their first playoff game against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. How does that work?

You better check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Amazing...the Broncos a 2nd seed. That means, Colts or Ravens have to come to Denver, if the standings remain as they are.

I wonder how differently the game will be with Pats going to Texans. I think Broncos vs. Texans might be an easier game, even in Houston. But, Pat's at Broncos, I would love the Broncos to slap Brady around a bit for the regular season loss.

This is incorrect. If we remain the 2nd seed the Pats have 2 easy wins against Jags and Dolphins they would remain 3 seed. They play the 6th seed the will win that game vs Cincy, Pitt or possibly Colts if they stumble.

Us being the 2nd seed we would play the highest winning seed, so we would play the 3 seed which will be the Pats, so our first game will be the pats in Denver if there are no wild upsets.

So the only way we dont play the Pats in our first Playoff game is if the Texans stumble and lose to Vikings and Colts and we win out we get the 1st seed. Or if the Pats somehow get upset in the Wildcard game against the 6th seed.
So basically we get the AFC Championship against the Pats for our first Playoff game, if we win that I have no doubt we can beat anyone else to make it to the big dance on Bourbon street.

Huh? I am wrong? You have the Broncos playing their first playoff game against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. How does that work?

He's right jst (except for the AFC Championship part). If Denver and the Pats both win out and the Pats win their 1st playoff game we host the Pats the next week. REVENGE!

Winner plays in the championship game the next week.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

He's right jst (except for the AFC Championship part). If Denver and the Pats both win out and the Pats win their 1st playoff game we host the Pats the next week. REVENGE!

Winner plays in the championship game the next week.

He is right but he is wrong? It's different but it's the same? It's black and it's white?
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Peyton Manning prone to the one-and-done in the playoffs, I dont really want the first round bye. This team is playing so well that a weekend off can ruin the momentum they spent 9 weeks getting.

But the playoffs going through Denver does seem awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
With Peyton Manning prone to the one-and-done in the playoffs, I dont really want the first round bye. This team is playing so well that a weekend off can ruin the momentum they spent 9 weeks getting.

Didn't they start this run after the Bye? I forget?
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
With Peyton Manning and the Colts prone to the one-and-done in the playoffs, I dont really want the first round bye. This team is playing so well that a weekend off can ruin the momentum they spent 9 weeks getting.

FIFY

This is the Broncos, not the Colts. PFM isn't 1-n-done prone, the Colts were.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Weber27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

False! I dont have them playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. Its important to read the whole post. You said the Colts or the Ravens would come to town if the standings stay the same, that is wrong. If they stay the same we would play the winner of the Pats vs. 6th seed. Which will most likely be the Pats. The Pats will be the toughest game for us, so in my opinion we "basically" get the AFC Championship against the Pats for our first Playoff game. Because if we beat them I think we can beat whoever wins in the Acutal AFC Championship game. So go back and read what I wrote, I put Basically meaning in my opinion that is the really AFC Championship game as far as how tough it will be for Denver, and I believe whoever the winner of that game will represent the AFC.

So I have checked myself... lol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Weber27 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

False! I dont have them playing the Pats in the AFC Championship. Its important to read the whole post. You said the Colts or the Ravens would come to town if the standings stay the same, that is wrong. If they stay the same we would play the winner of the Pats vs. 6th seed. Which will most likely be the Pats. The Pats will be the toughest game for us, so in my opinion we "basically" get the AFC Championship against the Pats for our first Playoff game. Because if we beat them I think we can beat whoever wins in the Acutal AFC Championship game. So go back and read what I wrote, I put Basically meaning in my opinion that is the really AFC Championship game as far as how tough it will be for Denver, and I believe whoever the winner of that game will represent the AFC.

So I have checked myself... lol

Haha...I basically guess, I get what you are basically saying, but I could basically be a bit lost you know, with the several ways that the word basically could mean, especially in your use of basically in the post. But, basically, I get it now...kind of.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another website to try various playoff combinations:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:

Exactly.

The Broncos have a better defense, a better OL and a better coaching staff than Indy had at any point in Peyton's 14 seasons there.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Exactly.

The Broncos have a better defense, a better OL and a better coaching staff than Indy had at any point in Peyton's 14 seasons there.

That is quite a statement. Defense and coaching staff I see, but I am not sure which OL can be regarded 'better' comparing the Colts' mainstays Glenn, Saturday and Lilja with our best three Clady, Kuper, Beadles.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy regardless of what happens with the playoffs. We are going to have to beat good teams to make the SB. That's the way it works. I think a matchup with NE is inevitable, however if they end up having to play the Steelers in Round 1, it could be interesting.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jgold72288

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:

Exactly.

Eh, as an Indy fan I wouldn't go THAT far. I always loved Dungy. As crappy as our line has been since 07 or 08, before that it almost always did its job well. And the defense was actually a freakin' force, believe it or not, when Sanders and Freeney were on the field at the same time. Problem was that almost never happened. When it did (most of 05 and 07 regular seasons, 06 postseason), they were straight up dominant. Granted this Denver D could very well end up being better, especially if special teams are factored in. Out of curiosity, what happened since the Pats game that made them so much more dangerous? Have they gotten better at defending the run? More opportunistic regarding turnovers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: