Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Playoff Picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mile High


Joined: 07 Jan 2008
Posts: 3130
Location: FL
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just dreaming up this scenario...thought I should post it:

We beat Baltimore to get the bye.

The Colts win their Wildcard matchup.

Then we come out of the Bye Week- Beat the Colts.

Then we play and beat the Pats.

Then we play and beat the Giants for the Superbowl.

Peyton can beat the old team, the old rival, and the brother in an amazing redemption playoff scenario.

Just something to hope for!!!!
_________________

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8460
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15045
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5081
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.


Actually, mathematically they both have a shot although it's quite unrealistic. Baltimore can still get to 12 wins which would do it given everyone else falling flat. Denver could but it requires about the same thing.

One thing pretty funny, the Texans still have to play the Colts twice. At 11-1 they're not even assured of winning their division.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15045
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.


Actually, mathematically they both have a shot although it's quite unrealistic. Baltimore can still get to 12 wins which would do it given everyone else falling flat. Denver could but it requires about the same thing.

One thing pretty funny, the Texans still have to play the Colts twice. At 11-1 they're not even assured of winning their division.
Unless Houston craps the bed their #1, they hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore.

Of course it's possible but I'd put money on Texans being the #1 seed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jsthomp2007


Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 7124
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
I was just dreaming up this scenario...thought I should post it:

We beat Baltimore to get the bye.

The Colts win their Wildcard matchup.

Then we come out of the Bye Week- Beat the Colts.

Then we play and beat the Pats.

Then we play and beat the Giants for the Superbowl.

Peyton can beat the old team, the old rival, and the brother in an amazing redemption playoff scenario.

Just something to hope for!!!!


In his hometown of New Orleans.
_________________
Ninja stealth muggers in the Bellagio has left me in a state of congitive disonance...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5081
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.


Actually, mathematically they both have a shot although it's quite unrealistic. Baltimore can still get to 12 wins which would do it given everyone else falling flat. Denver could but it requires about the same thing.

One thing pretty funny, the Texans still have to play the Colts twice. At 11-1 they're not even assured of winning their division.
Unless Houston craps the bed their #1, they hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore.

Of course it's possible but I'd put money on Texans being the #1 seed.


So would I. Just sayin.......

I will be interested seeing what they do againt the Colts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15045
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.


Actually, mathematically they both have a shot although it's quite unrealistic. Baltimore can still get to 12 wins which would do it given everyone else falling flat. Denver could but it requires about the same thing.

One thing pretty funny, the Texans still have to play the Colts twice. At 11-1 they're not even assured of winning their division.
Unless Houston craps the bed their #1, they hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore.

Of course it's possible but I'd put money on Texans being the #1 seed.


So would I. Just sayin.......

I will be interested seeing what they do againt the Colts.
I think they beat NE and split with Indy, Texans will shred the Colts on offense and I can see Indy beating Houston week 17 if they rest starters.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5081
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Pretty unlikely. It would take an odd set of circumstances for Indianapolis to be at Mile High in the divisional weekend and NE going to Houston. Only way I can think of is that the Colts sweep the Texans, the Pats lose to Houston and San Francisco and Baltimore win out(us beating KC and CLE). That would give Baltimore 1, Denver 2, Indy 3, NE 4, Houston 5 and some other team 6


Or it could work if Denver ends up being the number 1 seed.
Houston has the #1 seed locked up all they have to do is beat NE or win 2 of their last 3. The best Baltimore can hope for is the #2 seed they have no shot at #1, neither does Denver.


Actually, mathematically they both have a shot although it's quite unrealistic. Baltimore can still get to 12 wins which would do it given everyone else falling flat. Denver could but it requires about the same thing.

One thing pretty funny, the Texans still have to play the Colts twice. At 11-1 they're not even assured of winning their division.
Unless Houston craps the bed their #1, they hold the tiebreaker over Baltimore.

Of course it's possible but I'd put money on Texans being the #1 seed.


So would I. Just sayin.......

I will be interested seeing what they do againt the Colts.
I think they beat NE and split with Indy, Texans will shred the Colts on offense and I can see Indy beating Houston week 17 if they rest starters.


Probably a good call. Lookin' forward to tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobdevine


Joined: 24 Jan 2008
Posts: 2179
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 3 weeks to go --
Patriots beat Texans 42-14.
That means the Patriots have moved into the #2 seed.

Patriots are tied with the Broncos at 10-3 season results but the Patriots have the tiebreaker over the Broncos from their win in October.

Patriots host the 49ers next Sunday night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncoinGermany


Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 2373
Location: Deutschland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
With 3 weeks to go --
Patriots beat Texans 42-14.
That means the Patriots have moved into the #2 seed.

Patriots are tied with the Broncos at 10-3 season results but the Patriots have the tiebreaker over the Broncos from their win in October.

Patriots host the 49ers next Sunday night.


The Texans took a beating similar to our's and it showed that only a QB can make a difference against the Pats since they are going to score anyways. We came close with Manning and we would come close/perhaps even win in the playoffs.
_________________

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PGeorge2


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 1707
Location: Columbia, MO
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need to take care of Baltimore and hope San Fransisco can handle the Pats this week. If we beat baltimore we'll win out and hopefully NE trips up along the way.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paul-mac


Joined: 12 Jul 2009
Posts: 8460
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling it now, the Texans will go 0-2 against Andrew Luck. New England will be the 1 seed and Denver the 2 seed.
_________________
Big Palooka wrote:
Broncos won't make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
broncosfan07


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 15045
Location: Denver
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Calling it now, the Texans will go 0-2 against Andrew Luck. New England will be the 1 seed and Denver the 2 seed.
Have you seen the Colts defense?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cutler06


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 10086
Location: Westminster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
Calling it now, the Texans will go 0-2 against Andrew Luck. New England will be the 1 seed and Denver the 2 seed.
Have you seen the Colts defense?



Hey, hey there...let the man stand by his convictions....



we can make fun of it later... Laughing
_________________


Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group