Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Cam Newton!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Manziel won't even be the top pick when he comes out. He's only listed at 6'1 200, and his arm strength isn't ideal.

There are a LOT more 6-1, 6-2 QBs that have done great in the NFL...the % is way higher than the prototypoe 6-4, 6-5 QB

Drew Brees
Joe Montana
Brett Farve
Steve Young
Fran Tarkenton
Johnny Unitas
Donovan McNabb

And the 2 youngsters
RG3
Russell Wilson

Give me some starting QBs under 6-2 that have been terrible and I think you will find it is a very small list compared to the number of terrible 6-4, 6-5 QBs
panattack86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Sanchez, Rex Grossman and JIMMY CLAUSEN!!! enough said. Its actually easy to find qb's under 6'2 that have failed for reason or another. Height has nothing to do with there success or failure.

Edited to add Clausen.
YDS 329 AVG 15.67 LNG 35
TD 3
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a joke why did I waste my time reading it.

Thanks CK
TROJANPANTHER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Manziel won't even be the top pick when he comes out. He's only listed at 6'1 200, and his arm strength isn't ideal.

There are a LOT more 6-1, 6-2 QBs that have done great in the NFL...the % is way higher than the prototypoe 6-4, 6-5 QB

Drew Brees
Joe Montana
Brett Farve
Steve Young
Fran Tarkenton
Johnny Unitas
Donovan McNabb

And the 2 youngsters
RG3
Russell Wilson

Give me some starting QBs under 6-2 that have been terrible and I think you will find it is a very small list compared to the number of terrible 6-4, 6-5 QBs

ORLY?

Lets just list some of the QBs 6-2 or over that are, or will be, in the HOF:

Troy Aikman
John Elway
Dan Fouts
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Joe Montana
Joe Namath
Roger Staubach
Peyton Manning
Eli Manning
Tom Brady
Ben Roethlisberger
Aaron Rogers

And if we're doing young players:
Cam
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Matt Stafford
Andy Dalton

If you look at the top half of the league in passer rating, only TWO players are under 6-2.

The reason there are less busts under 6-2 is because there are less players drafted who are under 6-2, not because being short makes you a better quarterback.

Make a list of great under 6-2 QBs after 1970 and see how long it is.

Carolina Kitten - Sig God.

NFL - Panthers
College - USC, UNM
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic of this thread is borderline trolling. Trade Cam, really? Should the Chargers get rid of Phillip Rivers? I guess the Lions should dump Matthew Stafford. The Bears are on the outside looking in right now, should they look for another QB and release Jay Cutler? Here is a list of teams going into next season that need a quality starting QB: Arizona, Oakland, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Buffalo, and the NY Jets. Also I'll throw in the Ravens who hate Flacco and I don't think the Rams are sold on Sam Bradford. There are some really bad QB situations out there and the one thing I can say is that the Panthers don't have one. You have to give a QB at least 3-5 years to really develop into a mature NFL QB, and so far Newton is progressing nicely. Eli Manning's first four years in the NFL were equal to Sanchez's first four (saw the stats this morning on ESPN). We live in an "instant gratification world" and are so quick to dismiss something or someone if things don't go our way. Trading Cam Newton after 2 years would go down as one of the worst trades ever in NFL history.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: