Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Cam Newton!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

marshall413 wrote:
Please for the Football trade Cam Newton and package him with Ron Rivera. They could get so much for Newton and actually win instead of having a QB who puts up stats, celebrates when HE does good, but never wins.

#getridofcam

Go home. You're drunk.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
marshall413 wrote:
Please for the Football trade Cam Newton and package him with Ron Rivera. They could get so much for Newton and actually win instead of having a QB who puts up stats, celebrates when HE does good, but never wins.

#getridofcam

Completely agree with the bolded. Cam needs to learn how to secure and win games. I give him one more year. But thats it. Cant have a 1st overall pick celebrating everytime he gets a first down. Hes like Obama, a celebrity at heart, his job is secondary.

.....get this trash off of this forum.

Why? It's their opinion. I think their taking it a little to far but it's not like worse stuff hasn't been said before. I doubt Cam will leave anytime soon however I agree the celebrating thing needs to stop. It's not helping anything to celebrate on every positive play than cry when something negative happens. How many other QBs do that in the NFL?

Well one, the political talk is unnecessary.
Two, I find it amusing people think Cam only cares about Cam, but then discredit him for how he handles losing, when it's clear the team, not Cam, winning is the thing he cares most about.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Mad Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam has all the talent in the world. He is immature, but everyone has to remember it is only his second year. While I don't agree that the Panthers should be cutting bait, I think it is a topic that shouldn't be dismissed without discussion because his win loss record as a starter is terrible.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:
Cam has all the talent in the world. He is immature, but everyone has to remember it is only his second year. While I don't agree that the Panthers should be cutting bait, I think it is a topic that shouldn't be dismissed without discussion because his win loss record as a starter is terrible.

Yes. It's clearly Cam's fault that this team is going to lose to a 1-10 Chiefs squad that didn't lead a second of a football game until a few games back when the offense has had 4 drives over the course of three quarters, and we didn't score on one of them because of a dropped pass. Clearly Cam's fault.

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
marshall413 wrote:

#getridofcam

Completely agree with the bolded. Cam needs to learn how to secure and win games. I give him one more year. But thats it. Cant have a 1st overall pick celebrating everytime he gets a first down. Hes like Obama, a celebrity at heart, his job is secondary.

You're a fool.

And no Cam is not the problem. They need to do fix the OL, get a NT, get rid of overpriced Williams and see how Cam does next year. If the Panthers are picking in the Top 5 again in 2014, then you consider getting rid of Cam.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:

Okay, so lets discuss. How would cutting Newton loose improve the team?

CK on the sig
Mad Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

I think the title of the thread is "trade" him and I stated "cutting bait" which also is the same idea. I think Cam is now 9 - 19 as a starter.

I don't think it is all Cam's fault, but it it is time to recognize that Cam may not be the answer. He sucks at the end of games, he is inaccurate when throwing, and I really hate is antics after every 1st down.

Again, I wouldn't make any moves right now and there are no QBs worth going after in this draft. However, if we go 6-10 next year, Cam will be gone - and deservedly so. He is making 1/2 what the paid DeAngelo, so there is not a huge financial commitment.

At the end of the day, I think Cam will prove to be no better than an average NFL QB, at best. Tons of skills, unbelievable athlete, probably a hard worker, but inaccurate and not clutch.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Aikman started out 7-20 as a starter.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Troy Aikman started out 7-20 as a starter.

Football isn't a team sport when you're Cam Newton.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

I think the title of the thread is "trade" him and I stated "cutting bait" which also is the same idea. I think Cam is now 9 - 19 as a starter.

I don't think it is all Cam's fault, but it it is time to recognize that Cam may not be the answer. He sucks at the end of games, he is inaccurate when throwing, and I really hate is antics after every 1st down.

Again, I wouldn't make any moves right now and there are no QBs worth going after in this draft. However, if we go 6-10 next year, Cam will be gone - and deservedly so. He is making 1/2 what the paid DeAngelo, so there is not a huge financial commitment.

At the end of the day, I think Cam will prove to be no better than an average NFL QB, at best. Tons of skills, unbelievable athlete, probably a hard worker, but inaccurate and not clutch.

But none of that makes us better. What are we going to get for a QB that loses? Not much. Right? Who wants a QB that loses games?

I mean, seriously. Am I the one smoking crack here? He's in his second season. Has put this team in a position to win in about half our losses, if not more. Hes got a combined 3000 plus yards, 20 TDs and 10 interceptions and has displayed good (albeit inconsistent) accuracy. And he is coming off the best rookie season ever.

Yes. Lets get rid of him because people like Haruki Nakamura backpedal with the game on the line. Makes perfect sense.

CK on the sig
marschmellow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

But none of that makes us better. What are we going to get for a QB that loses? Not much. Right? Who wants a QB that loses games?

I mean, seriously. Am I the one smoking crack here? He's in his second season. Has put this team in a position to win in about half our losses, if not more. Hes got a combined 3000 plus yards, 20 TDs and 10 interceptions and has displayed good (albeit inconsistent) accuracy. And he is coming off the best rookie season ever.

Yes. Lets get rid of him because people like Haruki Nakamura backpedal with the game on the line. Makes perfect sense.

This. Newton's accuracy has been inconsistent, but give him time to grow. He has made some absolutely beautiful throws, for example that one today in KC. Watch his rookie highlights--he can be deadly accurate at times. That will get more consistent with time and practice; QBs aren't as accurate for their entire careers as they were when they first entered.
Mad Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

It is a team game and no way is Cam the most culpable, but he is the QB and so he gets the most attention. The coaching staff is the biggest problem (aside from the unbelievably bad decisions that Hurney made, but that is now been dealt with).

I just fear that Cam is going to be really frustrating to have as our QB because he is an enigma. On the positive side, he is huge, is an incredible athlete, has a big arm, is fearless, loves the game, is a good runner (of course Chud only used him one series today running), and when he plays well is probably one of the most exciting guys in the game.

Biggest problem with Cam is that is inaccurate, which is huge. He also doesn't seem to grasp the situation at times and goes for the big play when we need a first down or gets sacked when it is critical that he not. The poor decision making I am willing to chalk up to inexperience (for now) and bad coaching because I don't think that he is stupid. But the inaccuracy is a real issue. That was one of the big knocks on him from the scouts.

I think Rivera is an idiot and I like Rivera, but he is the head coach and the coaches are choking. I hate to see Cam have to learn a new offense with new coaches, but Chud is also not utilizing his skills, so it could be for the best.

Cam signed a 4 year deal so I don't expect the Panthers to make any moves this year, and they shouldn't - there is not an Andrew Luck out there in this year's draft. However, if we don't make the playoffs in the next two years, I think the Panthers could easily look to make a change. Because neither Clausen nor Anderson are our answer, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers grab someone in the 3rd or 4th round in the coming drafts if anyone drops. Of course, Hurney already traded away our 3rd and 7th rounders next year - man that guys was a disease.

Cam really needs to work on his accuracy and situational decision making.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Man wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
Mad Man wrote:

It is a team game and no way is Cam the most culpable, but he is the QB and so he gets the most attention. The coaching staff is the biggest problem (aside from the unbelievably bad decisions that Hurney made, but that is now been dealt with).

I just fear that Cam is going to be really frustrating to have as our QB because he is an enigma. On the positive side, he is huge, is an incredible athlete, has a big arm, is fearless, loves the game, is a good runner (of course Chud only used him one series today running), and when he plays well is probably one of the most exciting guys in the game.

Biggest problem with Cam is that is inaccurate, which is huge. He also doesn't seem to grasp the situation at times and goes for the big play when we need a first down or gets sacked when it is critical that he not. The poor decision making I am willing to chalk up to inexperience (for now) and bad coaching because I don't think that he is stupid. But the inaccuracy is a real issue. That was one of the big knocks on him from the scouts.

I think Rivera is an idiot and I like Rivera, but he is the head coach and the coaches are choking. I hate to see Cam have to learn a new offense with new coaches, but Chud is also not utilizing his skills, so it could be for the best.

Cam signed a 4 year deal so I don't expect the Panthers to make any moves this year, and they shouldn't - there is not an Andrew Luck out there in this year's draft. However, if we don't make the playoffs in the next two years, I think the Panthers could easily look to make a change. Because neither Clausen nor Anderson are our answer, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers grab someone in the 3rd or 4th round in the coming drafts if anyone drops. Of course, Hurney already traded away our 3rd and 7th rounders next year - man that guys was a disease.

Cam really needs to work on his accuracy and situational decision making.

I agree with some. Disagree with the rest. But it just has me wondering, based on what you said, why we shouldnt be dismissing this "cut/trade Cam" talk. I mean, you said we shouldnt dismiss it. Why shouldnt we? Its clearly too early in your mind as well, right?

CK on the sig
hudson3010

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hilarious, coming up with win-loss records? If anything our record in this period should be worse without cam

Do you forget last year about how cam put us close in games we had absolutely no business being competitive (green bay, chicago, etc)? How many games did we lose last year because of special teams (this is an actual question to everybody, i really want to know this exactly)?

And this year, he played very bad in some games and very well in others, which is perfectly normal for a second year qb.. And he has a bad OL, a college offense that doesnt work in the nfl and a joke of a coaching staff

Most of the losses this year are on coaching, not cam

And please, stop saying hes immature and selfish, he has his own personality, hes just not like the traditional role model boring robots (peyton manning, luck, etc), and Im glad hes not

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:

I agree with some. Disagree with the rest. But it just has me wondering, based on what you said, why we shouldnt be dismissing this "cut/trade Cam" talk. I mean, you said we shouldnt dismiss it. Why shouldnt we? Its clearly too early in your mind as well, right?

I don't think cutting right now makes any sense, he's cheap with a huge upside if he can be developed. I love the new CBA because it allows teams to not be destroyed financially if someone doesn't work out. In four years we will know a lot more and we aren't stuck with Sam Bradford's contract either way.

Trade - always willing to look at deals. Wish we had moved Peppers a few years earlier, to speak the unspeakable at the time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: