Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Cam Newton!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshall413

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

Please for the Football trade Cam Newton and package him with Ron Rivera. They could get so much for Newton and actually win instead of having a QB who puts up stats, celebrates when HE does good, but never wins.

#getridofcam
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sir, Cam is our Franchise.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Newton has been inconsistent. Granted he is a second year quarterback with no running game, a porous offensive line, and an incompetent coaching staff, but nevertheless. As poorly as he's played at times, he's damn far down on the totem pole as far as issues with this team. We'd be crazy to trade him.

The only half-logical scenario where we would was if we were drafting #1 overall, there was an Andrew Luck prospect available, and we're able to get a crapload for Newton. But since that isn't the case, and this NFL Draft is crappy as far as QB prospects go, trading Cam Newton would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do at this juncture.

Also, there have been plenty of cases (mainly last year) where Newton played well, the team lost, and he was depressed. Just look at his PC following the Minnesota game.
faccda01

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Cam Newton has been inconsistent. Granted he is a second year quarterback with no running game, a porous offensive line, and an incompetent coaching staff, but nevertheless. As poorly as he's played at times, he's damn far down on the totem pole as far as issues with this team. We'd be crazy to trade him.

The only half-logical scenario where we would was if we were drafting #1 overall, there was an Andrew Luck prospect available, and we're able to get a crapload for Newton. But since that isn't the case, and this NFL Draft is crappy as far as QB prospects go, trading Cam Newton would be the dumbest thing we could possibly do at this juncture.

Also, there have been plenty of cases (mainly last year) where Newton played well, the team lost, and he was depressed. Just look at his PC following the Minnesota game.

Well said. I completely agree.

Our QB situation is not the problem. We need to build a team around him. Look at say, Baltimore who is in the opposite position where many argue that all they need is a competant QB to push them over the edge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

marshall413 wrote:
Please for the Football trade Cam Newton and package him with Ron Rivera. They could get so much for Newton and actually win instead of having a QB who puts up stats, celebrates when HE does good, but never wins.

#getridofcam

Step off the ledge, bro.

CK on the sig
UKpantherfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

marshall413 wrote:

#getridofcam

Now there's a man with no understanding of football.
Catz Pajamaz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh...

Teenagers and hash tags on forums make me sick.

P90 on the signature

Gladiator420 wrote:
I have a super boner for Beason
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah... Seems a little harsh. I remember when Matt Ryan did bad his sophomore year people weren't asking for his departure. And he had nowhere near the physical gifts that Cam has Shocked

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite Cam's average numbers this season I still think he's the most talented QB to come out in years, even over RGIII. Cam's a freak at his size and speed, his arm also has the potential to be the best in the game.

Cam may not be as fast as RGIII but Cam can takes hits, and Cam's elusiveness is deceptive. Cam is a pocket passer and when defenses think they have him contained he'll break ankles for a 20 yard gain. Something which I think may be a more efficient quality than a guy like Vick, or RGIII who's ability has to constantly keep the defense on their toes.

People need to realize that Cam was an incredibly raw player coming out and is still growing. He hasn't been a starting QB for a very long time.
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! You got me.

That was a good one, you had me going for a minute. Shocked

Sig by Me
hudson3010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if this is serious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

marshall413 wrote:

#getridofcam

Completely agree with the bolded. Cam needs to learn how to secure and win games. I give him one more year. But thats it. Cant have a 1st overall pick celebrating everytime he gets a first down. Hes like Obama, a celebrity at heart, his job is secondary.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
marshall413 wrote:

#getridofcam

Completely agree with the bolded. Cam needs to learn how to secure and win games. I give him one more year. But thats it. Cant have a 1st overall pick celebrating everytime he gets a first down. Hes like Obama, a celebrity at heart, his job is secondary.

.....get this trash off of this forum.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade Cam Newton! Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
marshall413 wrote:

#getridofcam

.....get this trash off of this forum.

Why? It's their opinion. I think their taking it a little to far but it's not like worse stuff hasn't been said before. I doubt Cam will leave anytime soon however I agree the celebrating thing needs to stop. It's not helping anything to celebrate on every positive play than cry when something negative happens. How many other QBs do that in the NFL?

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: