Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Martellus Bennett saves fan.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D40syUMnic

The guy has a career in acting or comedy after football. Laughing

[Sigh] Just when Portis had finally left the Division, we have this. I feel we are now the subject of a particularly cruel practical joke.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And stupid crap like that video is why I don't like Martellus Bennett. Yes, it was nice that he accidentally got in the falling guy's way. Why pat yourself on the back and make asinine videos about it? You don't see Jason Witten or Tony Gonzalez acting like this.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are missing the point with the video. If he wanted to pat himself on the back, why would he make a video that makes a mockery of the situation? This is a guy that made a rap video about his favorite cereal. So when something like this happens, of course you take the opportunity to laugh about it. It sounds like Bennett's biggest crime is that he actually has a personality.

I don't think that the humor is over your heads either. I think you're just taking any opportunity you can to bash the guy because you're not happy that he didn't work out in Dallas, and then turned it around with a division rival.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I think you guys are missing the point with the video. If he wanted to pat himself on the back, why would he make a video that makes a mockery of the situation? This is a guy that made a rap video about his favorite cereal. So when something like this happens, of course you take the opportunity to laugh about it. It sounds like Bennett's biggest crime is that he actually has a personality.

I don't think that the humor is over your heads either. I think you're just taking any opportunity you can to bash the guy because you're not happy that he didn't work out in Dallas, and then turned it around with a division rival.

You keep spouting the same line. And you are still wrong.

Bennett's schtick isn't new. Same ol' Marty. He thinks he's amusing. He's not. At least not to me. It wasn't amusing while he was here. It isn't amusing now that he's gone.

He reminds me of Portis. Who I also didn't like.

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Gmen wrote:

You keep spouting the same line. And you are still wrong.

Bennett's schtick isn't new. Same ol' Marty. He thinks he's amusing. He's not. At least not to me. It wasn't amusing while he was here. It isn't amusing now that he's gone.

He reminds me of Portis. Who I also didn't like.

I feel the same way. When Martellus was in Dallas, he and Tashard Choice liked to cut up and try to be funny. Maybe if they had both taken their jobs a little bit more seriously, they would've been more successful.

I never like Bennett. I didn't want him as a Cowboy because I thought he was highly overrated. Thus far, it looks like I was right.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't think it's a coincidence that Giants fans find this very amusing, and Cowboys fans don't. And it's not cultural differences, trust me.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Well I don't think it's a coincidence that Giants fans find this very amusing, and Cowboys fans don't. And it's not cultural differences, trust me.

Okay. You continue to think you are right and satisfy whatever need you want.

Marty has been a very nice find for you guys - and was a disappointment here. Which is fine. The problem is he spent more time running his mouth and acting a fool than actually playing. This isn't new. It was frustrating then. He has done nothing to change that mindset from Cowboy fans.

Marty didn't suddenly start coming up with these comments about himself when he moved to New Jersey. Simply because you didn't know he would do it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It has very little to do with the fact he plays for the Giants and more so because this is still the same Bennett that was a disappointment for Dallas. He could play for the Browns for all I care and my opinion of him would be the same. But, believe what you want. For whatever reason you want us to hate Marty because he is a Giant. Why? I have no idea, and I don't particularly care either.

In Redball I Trust!
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=495064&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I bring Bennett up because of some of the conversations we had about him in the offseason. To summarize that thread : Bennett is a lazy goof off with no hands, everyone in Dallas hates him and Giants fans will soon hate him as well, and he'll be out of the league in a few years. You in particular acted like a jealous girlfriend.

And yes, it's the same old Martellus Bennett with the exception that he's actually producing for the Giants. So maybe he wasn't the bad guy in Dallas that you made him out to be? Maybe, he was right when he felt that he was being held back in Dallas playing a backup role? Maybe it's time you stop pointing the finger at Martellus Bennett, and start pointing it at the coaching staff that couldn't utilize his talents properly?

htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=495064&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I bring Bennett up because of some of the conversations we had about him in the offseason. To summarize that thread : Bennett is a lazy goof off with no hands, everyone in Dallas hates him and Giants fans will soon hate him as well, and he'll be out of the league in a few years. You in particular acted like a jealous girlfriend.

And yes, it's the same old Martellus Bennett with the exception that he's actually producing for the Giants. So maybe he wasn't the bad guy in Dallas that you made him out to be? Maybe, he was right when he felt that he was being held back in Dallas playing a backup role? Maybe it's time you stop pointing the finger at Martellus Bennett, and start pointing it at the coaching staff that couldn't utilize his talents properly?

We had a HOF TE in front of Bennett. How exactly was he supposed to produce at the same level, while he was with us? He did not make the most of his limited oppurtunities when he was here. He seems to be producing for you guys. Good for him. I still don't like his goofy attitude. It has nothing to do with the team he plays on. It is all about the guy's personality. If I wanted a clown, I'd go to the circus.

Then again, I wouldn't exactly call 39 catches as producing. That has to be 1 of the lowest totals by a starting TE in the league. But, I don't care enough to go look it up. The bottom line is that Bennett is a goofy acting TE who will always be a better blocker than receiver.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Man. You're fun. So it was the coaching staff that made Marty drop balls that hit him in the hands and run sloppy routes? Good to know.

The reality is Marty sucked here. And it was expressed as much. And he has played well for the Giants. And it's also been expressed.

Don't act like he hasn't had drops though. He's just actually producing now. The thing about being a 'back-up' here was a myth though. We wanted to run a 2 TE system. He was upset he wasn't on the main stage? Eih. Alright. I don't think Gronk and Hernandez have much of an issue.

So. I am not pointing the finger at Marty. I am holding him accountable. He didn't produce. He didn't try. He was awful here. Dallas fans won't like him. He talked a bigger game than he could deliver.

The fact he plays for the Giants and actually plays decent now has very little impact on anyone's opinion of him here. Which you don't seem to grasp. But wait. It must be because the Giants are an amazing organization that makes Bennett decide to suck less. Laughing

Again. Believe what you want. In you're world, Cowboys hate Canty. Several of us told you you were wrong. Again. You want this to be reality. Which I don't really understand why. Me saying he had talent but never capitalized on it makes me a jealous GF apparently. You sir, must have had very interesting past relationships.

In Redball I Trust!
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you the jealous ex girlfriend was your predictions that he would never amount to anything with us either - which you were wrong about. What makes you the jealous ex girlfriend is that you take a thread about a noble act, and proceed to talk about how much you hate the player. I mean, you realize how that might be misconstrued as bitterness, right? Martellus Bennett catches a fan falling from 15 feet : 'WHAT A SELF PROMOTING BUM!'

I don't really care what he did or didn't do in Dallas. I can't help but smile thinking that you spent a second round pick and four years of salary to develop a player for the Giants. He's been more than I expected - as a receiver, a blocker, a superhero, and an entertainer. Hopefully his season with the Giants lands him a nice contract after the season, whether it's with the Giants or another team.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
What makes you the jealous ex girlfriend was your predictions that he would never amount to anything with us either - which you were wrong about.

www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=14344319#14344319

Marty has a lot of potential. And he might finally tap into it.

Reading comprehension fail?
Quote:

What makes you the jealous ex girlfriend is that you take a thread about a noble act, and proceed to talk about how much you hate the player.

What? All my comments have been in response to your lunacy. Again. Reading comprehension fail. I am quite happy he caught the fan that fell.

Quote:
I mean, you realize how that might be misconstrued as bitterness, right? Martellus Bennett catches a fan falling from 15 feet : 'WHAT A SELF PROMOTING BUM!'

Reading comprehension fail? I never once said anything of the sort.
Quote:

I don't really care what he did or didn't do in Dallas. I can't help but smile thinking that you spent a second round pick and four years of salary to develop a player for the Giants.

Yup. You are a very interesting person. That makes you smile? Okay...glad we could help.

Gmen wrote:
He's been more than I expected - as a receiver, a blocker, a superhero, and an entertainer. Hopefully his season with the Giants lands him a nice contract after the season, whether it's with the Giants or another team.

For your sake, I hope he does stay a Giant for life. It clearly brings you joy.

You like altering reality. I am assuming you are bored in the Giants forum and needed entertainment. Glad we could provided it for you.

In Redball I Trust!
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit it. I was the fan. I owe my health and well being to Bennett. I LOVE YOU BLACK UNICORN!!!

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennett is a useless goon. Whatever, keep doing your thing Marty, keep doing your thing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I can agree to that. The "upturn," though, is still nothing to write home about. We thought he was going to be a super star, he performed like a bum, and now he has turned himself into a bona fide below average tight end. Congratulations. I mean everyone is talking trash on Jermichael Finleys season, but he is putting up about the same numbers. I think he(MartyB) is probably about the 20th best starting TE in the league, and yes I will name all 19 ahead of him if provoked.

Go ahead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: