Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Allen - Todd McShay
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Everyone seems to be confusing Allen for some raw athlete much like Quick when in reality that couldnt be further from the truth. He is a very polished NFL ready WR much like AJ Green and some might have argued that Julio was had some questions about exactly how ready he was. It really just depends at what pace the coaches want to use them at. Look at Givens, he developed very fast and is now a key player for the team. Probably be similar with Allen, far from a "project" like Quick.

That all said, if I'm looking for value, personally I think I'd take Terrance Williams over the other two because you can get him lower and imo, he can be just as good of a Pro. Criminally underrated right now. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:

yeah Pettis is nowhere near the same type of athlete.

That being said I don't want to draft Allen or any wide receiver in the first round. With both our pick likely to be top 15(I think Skins go 2-3 and finish 7-9) I think we'd be overdrafting.

At this point I think we should sign one of Bowe, Wallace or Jennings. I just don't want another receiver we have to develop. We already have Pettis, Quick and Givens filling that role.

1. Bowe/Wallace/Jennings
2. Givens
3. Amendola- slot
4. Pettis/Quick
5. Quick/Pettis

That looks like a very solid receiving corps imo. Then I'd like to take an OL. Joeckel would be great but probably will be gone by the time we pick. So Warmack, Matthew or Jones would be great.

I'd spend the other pick on a TE, Safety, or OLB.

At this point, I think we're going to be in the 12 to 16 range with both our picks. I'd definitely consider drafting a WR there. Whether it's Allen, Hunter or Terrance Williams. I REALLY like Terrance Williams.

Im not sure how i feel about Williams, i feel him and Hunter are pretty similar with Hunter being a little more physically advanced if you want to call it that. I feel that whatevee the first pick is, 10-15 range it needs to be used on Allen should he be there and whoever falls to the 2nd pick... ie Lewan, Warmack, Matthews etc.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Everyone seems to be confusing Allen for some raw athlete much like Quick when in reality that couldnt be further from the truth. He is a very polished NFL ready WR much like AJ Green and some might have argued that Julio was had some questions about exactly how ready he was. It really just depends at what pace the coaches want to use them at. Look at Givens, he developed very fast and is now a key player for the team. Probably be similar with Allen, far from a "project" like Quick.

That all said, if I'm looking for value, personally I think I'd take Terrance Williams over the other two because you can get him lower and imo, he can be just as good of a Pro. Criminally underrated right now. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith.

Jimmy Smith the corner?

Idk, if thats the case id rather just wait til the 2nd? And take one of the 3 that will fall... Williams, Patterson, Woods, perhaps even Austin?

Im still curious where Eric Reid will fall and if both he and Jefferson are available in the second could get interesting.

Starting to get off topic now haha
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Jimmy Smith the corner?

Idk, if thats the case id rather just wait til the 2nd? And take one of the 3 that will fall... Williams, Patterson, Woods, perhaps even Austin?

Im still curious where Eric Reid will fall and if both he and Jefferson are available in the second could get interesting.

Starting to get off topic now haha

Lol, it sucks that people don't remember Jimmy Smith:
http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmysmith/2503028/profile
Should be a HOFer but played in a small market and had a cocaine problem.

I don't see Williams falling to Round 2 IRL.

Might be better than both Hunter and Allen which is scary to think about but CBs cannot stay in front of Williams. He just runs right by just about everyone he faces. This year, CBs have been basically accepting that and trying to hold the heck out of him and he's drawn a lot of penalties.

But yea, major vertical threat who has strong hands, catches the ball extremely well in traffic as well as with guys literally hanging on him, great field awareness, good blocker and catches the ball without breaking stride like few college WRs can.

Here are some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWudlePQytM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjqGTNWQ_q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXcPv4qzwOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YJfv6I7ZfA
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8646463
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8647069
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8408975
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8409362

Trust me, Dee, Terrance Williams in the real deal. WR is my best position and I'll guarantee Markus Wheaton and Terrance Williams will be very good pro WRs.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished up some research myself of some other guys and will have to take a look at Williams tomorrow. Im am curious and have seen a little bit when i payed close attention to him in the upset against Kstate. He was pretty open all the time and seemed to do a good job at high pointing the ball. I feel its safe to say hes a good vertical threat. Curious how his routes are, it seems like he could be even faster with what seems to be oddly short strides. But like I said im going to look more into it tomorrow.

This is definitely going to be a very interesting draft thats for sure.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I just finished up some research myself of some other guys and will have to take a look at Williams tomorrow. Im am curious and have seen a little bit when i payed close attention to him in the upset against Kstate. He was pretty open all the time and seemed to do a good job at high pointing the ball. I feel its safe to say hes a good vertical threat. Curious how his routes are, it seems like he could be even faster with what seems to be oddly short strides. But like I said im going to look more into it tomorrow.

This is definitely going to be a very interesting draft thats for sure.

His routes are raw. But his speed is the last thing I'd worry about. He runs right by just about everyone he faces. I love seeing when he catches the ball at a stand still because it's amazing to see how he can go from a complete stop to just blowing by defender after defender.

Don't care what his 40 time will say, Williams can burn.

DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so i couldnt help myself... Had to do it before i could sleep. Haha

He is raw but not as raw as Quick. So fast though, definitely a big play guy. Having Givens and Williams on the field at the same time would be scary. I still prefer Allen, but if for some reason he is off the board and Williams is there i would hope they would consider Williams. His routes REALLY need work though haha. But the fact that they dont have RG3 or Wright to take some of the attention off him and he still is putting up those numbers is really impressive, much like Allen. As oppose to guys like Woods, Hunter and Austin who all have top QBs and other WR weapons that teams have to focus on.

Right now for me personally...

1. Allen
2. Williams
3. Woods
4. Hunter
5. Austin

I like your boy from Oregon State alot too but not sure if he cracks the top 5 for me just yet. He would have to be in the same category with Patterson and Hopkins.

I know this is REALLY thinking ahead but imagine getting Lee next year... That would be some serious speed with Givens, Williams and Lee...

Ok Ill stop now haha
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just have to love TW when you see him, so much in his game to love.

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Smith and McCardell were a lethal combo...

Used to love both of them...

IDOG_det on the sig...
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Trust me, Dee, Terrance Williams in the real deal. WR is my best position and I'll guarantee Markus Wheaton and Terrance Williams will be very good pro WRs.

i really really really like wheaton.
what about patton? he's my no.2.

this is a very good wr-class, by the way.
even without an aj green.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
this is a very good wr-class, by the way.
even without an aj green.

No doubt, there is a lot of quality beyond the 1st round...

This sits well for the Rams...

IDOG_det on the sig...
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think I like Hunter the most out of anyone. The upside is just huge.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:

While i disagree, for arguements sake lets say thats true...

What if he never reaches this potential everyone speaks of?...

Like Ive said before, they have Quick... They dont need another WR that is all potential. They need someone who can play NOW.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:

While i disagree, for arguements sake lets say thats true...

What if he never reaches this potential everyone speaks of?...

Like Ive said before, they have Quick... They dont need another WR that is all potential. They need someone who can play NOW.

I don't see any of these guys being huge contributors right now. Hence the reason I'd rather sign one of Bowe,Jennings or Wallace and use our first round picks on an OL(Warmack, Lewan or Matthews) or a S, TE, OLB.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

Smith and McCardell were a lethal combo...

Used to love both of them...

Thank you! I grew up on Smith and McCardell because I'm from Jacksonville.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: