Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Keenan Allen - Todd McShay
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Keenan Allen - Todd McShay Reply with quote

Todd McShay says he does not think Keenan Allen will be a # 1 receiver but will have a long productive career. Aren't the Rams looking for a true #1 receiver? He also compares him to Miles Austin.

What do the Rams do in the draft and in free agency??? If they can sign a proven # 1 receiver you sign him and not draft a receiver early in the draft

McShay also compares Chance Warmack to Carl Nicks and could join Nicks as one of the Elite Guards in the league because of skill set. Also states he is top 2 or 3 guards he had ever evaluated. Well because of the need of guard, if Warmack is avaiable do the Rams take him?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/photos/gallery/_/id/8661120/image/1/chance-warmack-alabama-carl-nicks-tampa-bay-20-nfl-draft-prospects-know-their-nfl-counterparts

Last edited by Ramsfan22 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Todd McShay? But he's not exactly my go to guy for prospect analysis.

As for Allen being or not being a #1, he can definitely be a #1. I can see the Austin comparison in terms of versatility and similar playing style but Allen is a better athlete than Miles.

I see nothing in his game that will stop him from being a #1. He has the athleticism, hands, YAC skills and size to be a #1 WR. It'll be on him to put it together and be that guy.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

As for Allen being or not being a #1, he can definitely be a #1. I can see the Austin comparison in terms of versatility and similar playing style but Allen is a better athlete than Miles.

I see nothing in his game that will stop him from being a #1. He has the athleticism, hands, YAC skills and size to be a #1 WR. It'll be on him to put it together and be that guy.

Well who is your go to guy when evaluating prospects?
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<-------- this guy Wink

Ramsfan22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

But if I'm going to listen to one of the media analysts, typically the best are:
-Bob McGinn
-Rick Gosselin
-Mike Mayock
-Greg Cosell
-Wes Bunting

But that's JMO.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
<-------- this guy Wink

Ramsfan22 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:

But if I'm going to listen to one of the media analysts, typically the best are:
-Bob McGinn
-Rick Gosselin
-Mike Mayock
-Greg Cosell
-Wes Bunting

But that's JMO.

I thought he retired from doing NFL draft related things?

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if you told me Allen would be Miles Austin I'd take it (as long as he didnt have the injury problems.)

Miles isnt elite, but he's a good number one option and has made a lot of plays for romo.

I like to play things safe lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to some of the things they say but my opinion in formulated by my own research. I couldnt disagree more about Allen. I bet McShay also thinks Hunter is the best WR in the class (not true).

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I listen to some of the things they say but my opinion in formulated by my own research. I couldnt disagree more about Allen. I bet McShay also thinks Hunter is the best WR in the class (not true).

Hunter could very well be the #1 WR in the class(although I do not like the drops from him) but I don't agree with anyone who says Allen won't be a #1 WR.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like some things about Allen and I feel like he could be the type of guy it would be easy for a QB to form a bond with like an Amendola or Stevie Johnson but I don't think he comes close as an athletic talent or downfield playmaker to some of the other top WRs in the draft.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
I like some things about Allen and I feel like he could be the type of guy it would be easy for a QB to form a bond with like an Amendola or Stevie Johnson but I don't think he comes close as an athletic talent or downfield playmaker to some of the other top WRs in the draft.

Couldnt disagree more. He may not have elite speed but his athleticism in general is very rare.

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Couldnt disagree more. He may not have elite speed but his athleticism in general is very rare.

I agree to an extent. His athleticism is highly underrated by most. It really shouldn't be a question mark. He has all the tools you look for...

However, I think "rare" is a bit overboard. Julio Jones has "rare" athleticism, Calvin Johnson has "rare" athleticism. There are only a few guys I would put into this category...

TommyC376 on the sig...
LGB-Let's Go Blues!!!
jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Other than short area quickness, what is so great about his athleticism? Purely speaking of athleticism, what separates this guy from a Michael Crabtree or Austin Pettis?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Other than short area quickness, what is so great about his athleticism? Purely speaking of athleticism, what separates this guy from a Michael Crabtree or Austin Pettis?

You must be joking. I love Austin Pettis as much as anyone but he isnt in the same class. I really dislike Crabtree and was good in college but still not as athletic as Allen. The difference isnt that much but Allen is still more athletic. His ability to change direction within a split second and then get to full speed after making that cut is remarkable. His leaping and hurdling ability is also second to none. He has the agility of a player normally much smaller that had a better center of gravity.

I compare Allen to a Cheetah (speed not related simply agility), Crabtree to a Puma and Pettis to a Lion Wink

1. Jadeveon Clowney
2. Greg Robinson
3. Mike Evans
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

Is this a serious question? Speed and burst. On top of that, he's far more physical/stronger with better balance than Pettis.

People underrate Allen's speed based on the offense and QB he's stuck with. I think he has 4.45 to 4.50 speed. He's right there with AJ Green in terms of speed.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

jjab360

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
jjab360 wrote:

You must be joking. I love Austin Pettis as much as anyone but he isnt in the same class. I really dislike Crabtree and was good in college but still not as athletic as Allen. The difference isnt that much but Allen is still more athletic. His ability to change direction within a split second and then get to full speed after making that cut is remarkable. His leaping and hurdling ability is also second to none. He has the agility of a player normally much smaller that had a better center of gravity.

I compare Allen to a Cheetah (speed not related simply agility), Crabtree to a Puma and Pettis to a Lion Wink

Like I said, outside of short area quickness, but that was still the only thing you were able to refer to other than his leaping ability which is average at best and pales in comparison to a champion high jumper like Justin Hunter.

In reality, Keenan Allen is no more 6'3 than Crabtree was and doesn't have the powerful frame of a Dez or Julio but much more like, yes, the aforementioned Austin Pettis. Combine that with average speed and explosion, and I just don't see the

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: