Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrankJets

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Rex Ryan Reply with quote

Will Rex get fired after this year?

What is everybodys opinion on this? I think he will because Tanny needs to go and Woody will bring in a GM that will bring his own coach in. I really hope Gruden or Payton comes in and becomes our coach. Give Gruden/Payton full control of everything and make one of them the highest paid coach in the NFL.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last time the Jets brought in a marquee coash it was Parcells. During woodys's tenure he has brought in coordinators. Woody wont spend 5mm a year on a coach. Me, i believe a great coach is worth 2-3 more wins a season.

I think you bring in a guy with Superbowl pedigree.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He absolutely needs to go. Anyone who disagrees will agree by week 5 next year if he stays.

A proven HC would be nice, but im willing to bet its gonna be another rookie.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I seriously doubt he'd want to leave, what about Joe Vitt?

You have to think given the experience he's gotten now, he's going to get more than a few calls about his interest in becoming a full time head coach.

He's probably one of the only guys I would actually want to bring in over Rex. Other than him, there really isn't much out there right now.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Cowher
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets are making a huge mistake if they were to let Rex go.

Is he the best coach in the NFL? Absolutely not, but the fact of the matter is that his record as a HC is 32-27 as a HC (not including his 4-2 playoff record).

What the Jets need most is continuity. Hasn't anyone noticed what this team has become over the years? The longest tenured Head Coach since Ewbank was Joe Walton from 1983-1989. If he had over 100 games, Rex should get at minimum 80 games, exactly what Herm had.

Rex Ryan has the 2nd best winning percentage in New York Jets history behind Bill Parcells (including Al Groh he'd be 3rd, but he coached only 1 season), and has the most playoff appearances and wins in Jets coaching history.

I'm one of the biggest Jet fans out there, but the large majority of Jet fans are idiots, as is our owner. Being a first time head coach is not easy, it takes time...

This is why I respect teams like the Bears, Bengals, and Texans. Despite media and fan outcry, they stick with what they have through better or worse.

The Jets are very much like the Bears. Rex Ryan is not the best head coach in the NFL, but he coaches a hell of a defense. Both coaches believe in the same offensive strategy, but it took Lovie YEARS (really this year) until the Bears actually had a good offense. The team acknowledged this, changed the GM, added talent to the offense, and now they're poised to be one of the top teams in the NFL over the next few years.

Now look at Houston. Hired rookie HC Gary Kubiak who specialized in offense. He had 5 years of mediocre coaching, but the team acknowledged defense was the problem. They hired a good DC, added loads of talent on defense via free agency and the draft, and now they're one of the best teams in football.

The Jets do have something good right now, but they need to find a way to put the talent on the field plain and simple.
FrankJets

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

Is he the best coach in the NFL? Absolutely not, but the fact of the matter is that his record as a HC is 32-27 as a HC (not including his 4-2 playoff record).

What the Jets need most is continuity. Hasn't anyone noticed what this team has become over the years? The longest tenured Head Coach since Ewbank was Joe Walton from 1983-1989. If he had over 100 games, Rex should get at minimum 80 games, exactly what Herm had.

Rex Ryan has the 2nd best winning percentage in New York Jets history behind Bill Parcells (including Al Groh he'd be 3rd, but he coached only 1 season), and has the most playoff appearances and wins in Jets coaching history.

I'm one of the biggest Jet fans out there, but the large majority of Jet fans are idiots, as is our owner. Being a first time head coach is not easy, it takes time...

This is why I respect teams like the Bears, Bengals, and Texans. Despite media and fan outcry, they stick with what they have through better or worse.

The Jets are very much like the Bears. Rex Ryan is not the best head coach in the NFL, but he coaches a hell of a defense. Both coaches believe in the same offensive strategy, but it took Lovie YEARS (really this year) until the Bears actually had a good offense. The team acknowledged this, changed the GM, added talent to the offense, and now they're poised to be one of the top teams in the NFL over the next few years.

Now look at Houston. Hired rookie HC Gary Kubiak who specialized in offense. He had 5 years of mediocre coaching, but the team acknowledged defense was the problem. They hired a good DC, added loads of talent on defense via free agency and the draft, and now they're one of the best teams in football.

The Jets do have something good right now, but they need to find a way to put the talent on the field plain and simple.

I dont think Rex deserves to get fired, but I do believe he will. The last 3 games last year and this year has been a disaster and the blame is to put on Tanny for this. Tanny is a clueless moron that has no clue what hes doing. Bringing Tebow in was the worst move this franchise has ever done. Giving Sanchez a extension was a huge mistake. Signing Holmes long term was a horrible move. They had to franchise Holmes because of his off field issues. No wonder why Pitt got rid of him so easily. We have made so many mistakes the last few years. Tanny needs to go ASAP and Woody needs to bring someone in that will fix this team up. Tanny has given so many stupid contracts to undeserved individuals.(Harris, Scott, Holmes, Sanchez). These guys are getting paid like top 5 players in there position which is absurd.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrankJets wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I dont think Rex deserves to get fired, but I do believe he will. The last 3 games last year and this year has been a disaster and the blame is to put on Tanny for this. Tanny is a clueless moron that has no clue what hes doing. Bringing Tebow in was the worst move this franchise has ever done. Giving Sanchez a extension was a huge mistake. Signing Holmes long term was a horrible move. They had to franchise Holmes because of his off field issues. No wonder why Pitt got rid of him so easily. We have made so many mistakes the last few years. Tanny needs to go ASAP and Woody needs to bring someone in that will fix this team up. Tanny has given so many stupid contracts to undeserved individuals.(Harris, Scott, Holmes, Sanchez). These guys are getting paid like top 5 players in there position which is absurd.

I totally agree with you. We all like Rex and hes a good coach but hes just been dealt a bad deal of cards. In my eyes hes got 5 games left to coach. We will see what happens.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your clearly NOT paying attention to detail whatsoever if you can sit here and say Rex is a good coach and it would be a mistake to let him go. We are loud obnoxious, talk and dont back it up, play with no discipline, NEVER make halftime adjustments or any in game adjustments, often come out very flat, have had more 12 man on the field penalties then i have ever seen, hes let his team run their mouths and not be held accountable for it, he can't manage the clock, he has no idea what to do with his offense, he drafts like an idiot, and his defenses can never get us the big stop. Hes a terrible HC and hes a huge part of our problem. This guy is NEVER winning a super bowl, especially if he has control in building the team.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:

A lot of good points here. I have long believed that Rex is not our problem. He's a first time head coach so there will be issues here and there with him as he improves. Tanny hasnt done Rex any favors as our team has been getting more and more depleted year over year in terms of talent. I fault Tanny for overpaying Holmes and not solidifying our O-Line. As it stands given some more talent Rex is a fine coach and he does keep the team motivated most of the time.

A rookie Headcoach is not a better idea then Rex ... who else is left Bill Cowher who would get possibly 6 seasons to show somethin because he has proven himself in the past.

Fact remains teams that do well in the NFL are ones who are consistent, not ones who freak out after a so so year followed by a bad one. As jetskid mentioned The Bears, Bengals and Texans have done a solid job by being consistent with their head coach. Hell even the New York Giants when there was pressure to axe Coughlin.

Keep Rex he deserves the time. Probably fire Tanny though. Doubt our owner or our fan base will see the sense though. The New York Media loves making too much out of nothing so they obviously won't.
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Your clearly NOT paying attention to detail whatsoever if you can sit here and say Rex is a good coach and it would be a mistake to let him go. We are loud obnoxious, talk and dont back it up, play with no discipline, NEVER make halftime adjustments or any in game adjustments, often come out very flat, have had more 12 man on the field penalties then i have ever seen, hes let his team run their mouths and not be held accountable for it, he can't manage the clock, he has no idea what to do with his offense, he drafts like an idiot, and his defenses can never get us the big stop. Hes a terrible HC and hes a huge part of our problem. This guy is NEVER winning a super bowl, especially if he has control in building the team.

Eh, I would venture to say he'll be far more successful on another team than he will be with the Jets.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Rex is a good coach. For us? i am honestly not sure. Hes probably not a head coach in general. But you cant say hes a bad coach when anyone would take him as there defensive coordinator any day. But you have to admit we are terrible right now. We are playing practice squad guys at wide reciever, starting Ducasse at G... hes terrible.. starting Lankster a practice squad corner back. We just arent good. This biggest thing i can say is a coach can coach as much as he can but its a players job to execute and we just arent executing. Its not like we are poorly managing games, Sanchez has had guys open but he cant execute and read the defenses. Our crappy slot practice squad corner backs cant communicate on defense and get mixed up in coverage, letting up a big play. Our players are underplaying due to lack of execution not lack of coaching. We just arent as talented as other teams are where they can not execute 50 % of there plays and win a game. We need to execute atleast 85% to win games with this team. Rex has made some mistakes too but every coach makes mistakes.

Sanchez is a back up QB
Greene change of pace back
Kerley decent slot reciever
Hill stinks, needs alot of improvement
Gates lol terrible
Schilens no seperation at all, can catch though.
Keller Terrible blocker but good recieving tight end.
Ferguson- underperformed this year but as of late doing decent
Slauson- sucks
Mangold- great
Moore- old but okay guard
Howard- young but below average right now

Wilkerson- Best defensive player right now but in the league i would say hes a slightly above average starter
Pouha- overrated, he really is.
Coples- not enough playing time
Pace- old and average at best
Harris- above average starter
Scott- terrible..
BT- below average somehow leads the teams in sacks... sad...
Wilson- alright decent enough to play slot
Cromartie- playing very well 2nd or 3rd best player on the team
Landry- also playing great
Bell- Cant cover for his life but can tackle

Revis, Cromartie, Coples, Wilkerson, Landry, Harris are the future of this defense. Thats six guys you can build around. The bad thing is, Offense is our problem. Our core offensive guys of the future are Kerley, Ferguson, Mangold. Everything around them is a question mark. Adding Chance Warmack would be an incredible upside to this offense and i think hes the safest pick in the draft. Putting him between Mangold in ferguson would be incredible and a step in the right direction. When in doubt take the best player available.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

BUT DOOD HE TOOK US TO TWO AFCCGS! Rolling Eyes

This is the "most talented team hes had yet"

Everyone wants to say offense is the problem, well guess what, thats Rex's fault. He wanted the offense to take a back seat the past few drafts. Hes the one who wanted Sanchez. Hes the one who hand picked an absolutely abysmal OC in Sparano.

Has anyone looked at our defense lately? Its horrible. Losing Revis is not a valid excuse to be a bottom 10 defense in the league. Maybe Rex will just draft us a corner this year and fix it. Who needs pass rushers?

This team is entirely undisciplined. He has lost the locker room twice in two years. Just looking at the guy you can see hes a humbled, defeated, shell of his former self. I don't see any real fire in this guy anymore.

Well coached teams don't get blown out several times a year like this one has. The sooner he's out the better. Just my opinion. I understand the need for continuity, but that only works for disciplinarians. Players coaches rarely end up coming around.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone that knows Tony Pauline of Sports Illustrated and his work, he's very accurate when it comes to offseason news around the NFL...

I always ask him questions about what he hears and he had this to say:

Quote:
Just got off the phone with someone that's provided me with a ton of first rate info in the past...the quote? "Word is Tannenbaum is out but they will likely keep Ryan"...
green24

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
For anyone that knows Tony Pauline of Sports Illustrated and his work, he's very accurate when it comes to offseason news around the NFL...

I always ask him questions about what he hears and he had this to say:

Quote:
Just got off the phone with someone that's provided me with a ton of first rate info in the past...the quote? "Word is Tannenbaum is out but they will likely keep Ryan"...

I remember you posting a lot of his stuff during the offseason.

That's what I expected and probably the best move. Rex hasn't done a good job this year, but he doesn't deserved to be fired yet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: