Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF5-36-81's Goodness we suck mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gator3guy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not saying Dennison is a bad coach - I'm saying he's not what I want out of a head coach, for reasons previously stated, and my bias towards a defensive guy.

Quote:
now he's got an undrafted free agent who couldn't make the roster before him in the discussion for the best back in the NFL, thats not coaching

Just to clear it up, Arian Foster was a second round pick before he decided to return for his senior season. It's not like this kid came out of nowhere.

He didn't make the roster out of camp and just barely broke 4.7 in the 40, but fair enough.

Quote:
Foster's breakout junior season resulted in a second-round grade[11] from the draft advisory board and led him to consider leaving school. However, head coach Phillip Fulmer persuaded him to stay for his senior season, a decision Foster would later deeply regret

The kid was an absolute monster his Junior year.

He was decent. Not a monster. The system helps him a lot.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dion Lewis had a 2nd round grade from the advisory board
Well then he was clearly underrated.

Nah just undersized.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

...but he was drafted, so that holds no weight to the arguement.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Dysert shouldn't be near that 16th pick. I'll hold out on drafting a QB this year. Don't like Bushrod. Do like Moore as a FA.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

...but he was drafted, so that holds no weight to the arguement.

Even if Foster declared he might not have been picked or at least that early, my point is just the Advisory Board is often off once the draft rolls

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Dennison worries me as a Head Coach imo. He reminds me a little of Juan. A damm good positional coach, but not cut out to be the head man.

What's wrong with him?

Played in the league for 8 years as a LB
Worked his way up the broncos coaching staff since the early-mid 90s and has Sp. Teams experience
Left to be OC in Houston where he leads one of the best Rushing attacks in the league.

So has about 30 years in the league as a player & coach, has experience on all three facets of the game, and runs an offensive scheme that would utilize Shady & Bryce much much more.

How is he like Juan?

He's the guy I want to come coach personally, but I don't get why anyone would say he isn't ready either like what Remmmixxx said.

He was always a positional coach, he never called/calls the plays. Also, I just here things that he won't make a good HC.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
He's the guy I want to come coach personally, but I don't get why anyone would say he isn't ready either like what Remmmixxx said.

It's not like Houston had a bad offense before he got there, everyone seems to credit him with creating that offense, and the credit should go to Kubiak. Everyone here is talking about him like he saved the Texans offense, and their organization, when in fact it was Wade Phillips who deserves all the credit.

The only way I'd approve of Ricky D is if he brought Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator.

That would just be stupid as they don't even run the same scheme.

Also, between 2006 and 2009 Houston couldn't run the ball, they only had one season under Kubiak with a YPC over 4 in a 4 year stretch. As soon as Dennison became offensive coordinator in 2010 the YPC jumped to 4.8, and they haven't fallen below 4 yards a carry.

So he brings his expertise of coaching offensive lines

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

It's not like Houston had a bad offense before he got there, everyone seems to credit him with creating that offense, and the credit should go to Kubiak. Everyone here is talking about him like he saved the Texans offense, and their organization, when in fact it was Wade Phillips who deserves all the credit.

The only way I'd approve of Ricky D is if he brought Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator.

Also, between 2006 and 2009 Houston couldn't run the ball, they only had one season under Kubiak with a YPC over 4 in a 4 year stretch. As soon as Dennison became offensive coordinator in 2010 the YPC jumped to 4.8, and they haven't fallen below 4 yards a carry.

AR coached OL in GreenBay for awhile.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know much about Dysert so I'll refrain from commenting on him (aside from this comment of course)

I like the coaching staff especially Rivera at DC, but I am not a big fan of David Amerson.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

AR coached OL in GreenBay for awhile.

My point was that's why their performance improved, he brought his extensive offensive line knowledge and helped them improve.

My 'problem' with Dennison isn't that he isn't a good coach, you can see from his track record that he is. My issue is that is he Head Coach material? We've seen countless times coordinators get promoted and they can't handle it (see Ryan, Rex). Can he lead? Can he take the crap storm we're in at the moment and basically bring the hammer down on all our players who are underperforming?

As I've stated before, a pure ZBS isn't my favourite, but if we're going to run it, then we don't need a man who preaches it as HC. Head Coaches lead, coordinators are all about the Xs and Os. We could still run the same system with Bates as OC and a different HC.

As an aside, another thing which bugs me is the Texas personnel person hiring the Texans coach. I just don't think that'll happen. It very rarely happens in the past.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, you forgot to take the 4.2m in guaranteed money off of Vick's cap savings.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
For the record, you forgot to take the 4.2m in guaranteed money off of Vick's cap savings.

Didn't Schefter say we won't take any cap hit if we cut Vick?
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:

Didn't Schefter say we won't take any cap hit if we cut Vick?

I have seen a lot of misinformation about the cap hit if Vick is cut.

eaglescap has his hit at 7.2m (unless they changed it recently). But they include 3m in guaranteed money that is actually only in the case of an injury. The Eagles still would owe Vick his pro-rated signing bonus which is 1.4m per year.

The only way I could see them getting out of it is if they cut him before the end of the NFL year so it falls to this year. But I'm not sure if it works that way or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: