Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF5-36-81's Goodness we suck mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
The numbers say you're wrong, and you are.

...but they weren't bad before he got there, that's not wrong.

So because he improved an already decent product it means nothing?

Makes sense

2013 Gold Standard Baldy Winner | The Final(?) ENBD Champion | other stuff too
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

One year above 4 ypc and only one top 10 scoring offense and one other time in the top 15 before him? Haven't fallen below 4 YPC or below 10th since he got there. So he made a mediocre offense elite, but you're not giving him credit?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

So because he improved an already decent product it means nothing?

Makes sense

Thank you, they were mediocre before he got there and elite now that he is there. How that doesn't that warrant being worthy of a HC spot, let alone credit is beyond me.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

One year above 4 ypc and only one top 10 scoring offense and one other time in the top 15 before him? Haven't fallen below 4 YPC or below 10th since he got there. So he made a mediocre offense elite, but you're not giving him credit?

They had a top five total offense the two years before he got there.

They had the pieces in place to have an offensive coordinator come in a be successful, a decent offensive line, good quartback, elite wide receiver, good tight end, and an absolute guru as head coach. I think Kyle Shananhan deserves more credit the Dennison - he left him behind a legit squad.

I don't get why everyone is clamoring over Dennison - I understand the love for Roman and McCoy, but just don't get it for Dennison.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

They had the pieces in place to have an offensive coordinator come in a be successful, a decent offensive line, good quartback, elite wide receiver, good tight end, and an absolute guru as head coach. I think Kyle Shananhan deserves more credit the Dennison - he left him behind a legit squad.

I don't get why everyone is clamoring over Dennison - I understand the love for Roman and McCoy, but just don't get it for Dennison.

For me,

It's because he has a good track record and system for RBs. Right now are best player plays RB...we have what looks to be a pretty good backup RB.....so I want a system in place that will use them properly and revolve around them. It's not that he is the best candidate...it's that he's the right candidate for our team I think.

And I don't get how you can like McCoy if your down on Dennison like this, I don't hate him as a candidate...but if you are gonna be this petty with Denny's history in the league (which is near 3 times as longer)..... than I would think you wouldn't even consider McCoy.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's because he has a good track record and system for RBs. Right now are best player plays RB...we have what looks to be a pretty good backup RB.....so I want a system in place that will use them properly and revolve around them. It's not that he is the best candidate...it's that he's the right candidate for our team I think.

I semi agree with this, but I can't find an arguement in it.

Quote:
And I don't get how you can like McCoy if your down on Dennison like this, I don't hate him as a candidate...but if you are gonna be this petty with Denny's history in the league (which is near 3 times as longer)..... than I would think you wouldn't even consider McCoy.

Mike McCoy took a Tim Tebow lead offense to the playoffs, and won a game. He had Willis McGahee playing like an All-Pro running back, the offensive line is playing out of their minds, and he has turned two disappointing wide-outs[from the Josh McDaniels era] into a legit tandem.

I don't believe McCoy to be the best option, but I'd rank him above Dennison.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

Mike McCoy took a Tim Tebow lead offense to the playoffs, and won a game. He had Willis McGahee playing like an All-Pro running back, the offensive line is playing out of their minds, and he has turned two disappointing wide-outs[from the Josh McDaniels era] into a legit tandem.

I don't believe McCoy to be the best option, but I'd rank him above Dennison.

Ilike I said I don't hate McCoy, and what you said is partially the reason. I like coaches who are flexible, especially how inflexible we have become in the Reid era.

But I'm not sure how much credit I can give him this year with Peyton, but we could do much worse than McCoy.

It's a preference thing I guess, I'd rather have a more experience guy in a proven system than McCoy who could bring a little bit of innovation perhaps.

EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

So they got yards but couldn't score touchdowns...sounds like Marty Morhenwheg, guess he can't be upgraded either.

Dennison has been a more successful coordinator than Kyle Shannahan. Hell you can make the argument when Kubiak got his job it was very similar to when Dennison would get this job, he was on a team with a top 5 all time QB, great runningback, and OL and a great receiver, by your logic he's probably an awful choice for head coach right? Rolling Eyes

He gets production out of every back that he's ever had. Guys like Reuben Droughnes looked like NFL backs under him, and now he's got an undrafted free agent who couldn't make the roster before him in the discussion for the best back in the NFL, thats not coaching? He helped build that line in Denver (was the OL coach before becoming the coordinator).

In Houston, Duane Brown was terrible before he got there (Allowing 19 sacks in 2 seasons). At RT he's got a 7th round pick. Their center Chris Myers is an elite NFL center, has been under Dennison all but one season in the NFL. He's got a journeyman LG who signed in Houston and a rookie RG. Those 5 are currently one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. Arian Foster couldn't crack the 53 man roster in 2009 and only played in 6 games and started 1 before Dennison. Since Dennison he's in the argument for the best back in football. The only real peices in place were Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub, and Owen Daniels. He's built the offensive line, turned an UDFA who could barely get on the field into an elite back, and balanced an offense that was rediculously pass heavy (Schaub attempted 583 passes the season before Dennison, that is a number higher than all but 2 of Andy Reid's pass happy career). He balanced an Eagles like offense by building an OL of mostly unknowns and an underacheiving first round pick, and making an elite back out of an UDFA.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RO-MAN RO-MAN RO-MAN

But seriously I need to see how this improved offense fairs come playoff time. They laid an egg (yes I know backup QB, hurt WR,) in their first playoff action. The Texans have what almost on this forum wants for the Eagles

A multitude of "home-grown" picks/young guys jelling, getting better at the same time that is contending for a title...

We seen it with Pitts, Dallas, SF, Buffalo and Pats all considered dynasties.

My only knock on Dennison besides the offense actually being Kubiak's is having cornerstones who have been in the same system.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying Dennison is a bad coach - I'm saying he's not what I want out of a head coach, for reasons previously stated, and my bias towards a defensive guy.

Quote:
now he's got an undrafted free agent who couldn't make the roster before him in the discussion for the best back in the NFL, thats not coaching

Just to clear it up, Arian Foster was a second round pick before he decided to return for his senior season. It's not like this kid came out of nowhere.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm not saying Dennison is a bad coach - I'm saying he's not what I want out of a head coach, for reasons previously stated, and my bias towards a defensive guy.

Quote:
now he's got an undrafted free agent who couldn't make the roster before him in the discussion for the best back in the NFL, thats not coaching

Just to clear it up, Arian Foster was a second round pick before he decided to return for his senior season. It's not like this kid came out of nowhere.

He didn't make the roster out of camp and just barely broke 4.7 in the 40, but fair enough.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
RO-MAN RO-MAN RO-MAN.

I just love their almost impossible to stop run offense, they have a big mauling Oline, Gore & Hunter are good backs, but Shady and Brown daaaayum

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Quote:

He didn't make the roster out of camp and just barely broke 4.7 in the 40, but fair enough.

Quote:
Foster's breakout junior season resulted in a second-round grade[11] from the draft advisory board and led him to consider leaving school. However, head coach Phillip Fulmer persuaded him to stay for his senior season, a decision Foster would later deeply regret

The kid was an absolute monster his Junior year.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Lewis had a 2nd round grade from the advisory board

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dion Lewis had a 2nd round grade from the advisory board
Well then he was clearly underrated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: