Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF5-36-81's Goodness we suck mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
Not a Dysert fan, really don't see why people like him.

NFL size. Strong arm. Makes good decisions. Clean off the field. What's not to like? He does have a common college issue with occasionally staring down receivers. Underrated and will be, at worst, a second round pick.

completion % is kind of lacking for someone who throws a wide receiver screen every other pass.

Has little to no pocket awareness, has no feel for backside pressure.

Get's happy feet when rushers are coming into his face. Throws off his backfoot.

Throws a lot of interceptions for someone that makes good decisions, also seems like he might float his deeper balls. You see a lot of defenders undercut those passes or try to.

I think he will turn the ball over like it's his job in the nfl.

Applause I swear this is the first mock response I've seen from ninja that gives an analysis besides he sucks.

Good job EF on the effort, I'm just not a big fan of the mock...its ok 6.5/10

I like the trade in the first, not for the CB mentioned don't we have that guy in DRC?

Just ok on the staff Like Rivera and McGaughey, what type of D do you see Rivera running?

A five yr deal for Bushrod? And Moore? Hate Leinert as the primary backup for a rookie.

Do like the draft after the first Dobson, Amerson, trading for Anderson...I would love to see a KOR guy. Who do you have playing in the slot Maclin? Or Dobson?

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

Applause I swear this is the first mock response I've seen from ninja that gives an analysis besides he sucks.

Well Dysert at 16 is my only real problem with the mock. Change that pick to terrance williams and I cream my jorts.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

NFL size. Strong arm. Makes good decisions. Clean off the field. What's not to like? He does have a common college issue with occasionally staring down receivers. Underrated and will be, at worst, a second round pick.

completion % is kind of lacking for someone who throws a wide receiver screen every other pass.

He played in a pro style offense in 2011, and was better. He struggled early in the adjustment to the spread but has since gotten better. His receivers also have hands like a clock.

I disagree, Against Ohio State he had a play with rushers coming in he kept his composure steped up in the pocket and got rid of the football and didn't have time to re-set his feet yet still found an open receiver. That takes pocket presence to be able to avoid rushers yet still find the open receiver. It was an incomplete pass, but still impressive.

Get's happy feet when rushers are coming into his face. Throws off his backfoot.

He's not playing with a great or even good OL, so its kind of a double edged sword. He's still successful despite playing behind a porus OL. Still guys like Roethlisberger, Cutler, Favre, and countless others have had the same said about them yet have been successful in the NFL. The backfoot thing is also because he's rolled out a lot due to the deficiancies of the OL.

Throws a lot of interceptions for someone that makes good decisions, also seems like he might float his deeper balls. You see a lot of defenders undercut those passes or try to.

I really disagree with this, his deep ball against Ohio State was a thing of beauty even though it was dropped. He threw it 50 yards on the money off his back foot due to the rollout. That is an NFL deepball. In addition I've seen QBs with howitzers float passes. No one would ever say Favre has a weak arm, but dude threw a punt to Brian Dawkins in the NFC Championship game. He's also got at least 5 or 6 picks over the past 2 seasons which were result of a either a bad play by the receiver (either drop to a pick or a receiver rounding off a route allowing the corner to get underneath and make a play on the football) or a miscommunication in the offense. Those happen in the NFL.

With receivers with higher IQs, better hands, and route running ability, he won't turn the ball over as much in the NFL IMO.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Dennison worries me as a Head Coach imo. He reminds me a little of Juan. A damm good positional coach, but not cut out to be the head man.

What's wrong with him?

Played in the league for 8 years as a LB
Worked his way up the broncos coaching staff since the early-mid 90s and has Sp. Teams experience
Left to be OC in Houston where he leads one of the best Rushing attacks in the league.

So has about 30 years in the league as a player & coach, has experience on all three facets of the game, and runs an offensive scheme that would utilize Shady & Bryce much much more.

How is he like Juan?

He's the guy I want to come coach personally, but I don't get why anyone would say he isn't ready either like what Remmmixxx said.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and I like the mock a lot....a little FA heavy but it's ok.

I don't know enough about Dysert to have an opinion on whether or not I'd want him as our QB.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
I kind of want to taste it
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Dennison worries me as a Head Coach imo. He reminds me a little of Juan. A damm good positional coach, but not cut out to be the head man.

What's wrong with him?
Played in the league for 8 years as a LB
Worked his way up the broncos coaching staff since the early-mid 90s and has Sp. Teams experience
Left to be OC in Houston where he leads one of the best Rushing attacks in the league.
So has about 30 years in the league as a player & coach, has experience on all three facets of the game, and runs an offensive scheme that would utilize Shady & Bryce much much more.
How is he like Juan?
He's the guy I want to come coach personally
After seeing the awesomeness that was Bryce Brown displayed on MNF (minus the fumbles), and knowing what we have in the beast we call Shady McCoy, I'm starting to lean toward this Dennison character EF5-36-81 and yourself have been hyping up a tad. He understands how to run an offense. I could be on board with his hire.

He would be a top candidate IMO, but my #1 still remains David Shaw from Stanford (like Marky, I believe). I understand he most likely won't leave, but you never know.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Good job EF on the effort, I'm just not a big fan of the mock...its ok 6.5/10

I like the trade in the first, not for the CB mentioned don't we have that guy in DRC?

Nope, Banks is more physical when pressing a receiver, and is just more physical all around.

Just ok on the staff Like Rivera and McGaughey, what type of D do you see Rivera running?

4-3 attacking scheme with some mixture of zones and man in the secondary and LB corps. We actually could run some sort of hybrid cover-2 as well.

A five yr deal for Bushrod? And Moore? Hate Leinert as the primary backup for a rookie.

We need to spend 85% of the cap, and to add Bushrod it will take a long term commitment. I doubt Moore is tagged in Atlanta, and will test the market and could be lured away. Leinart knows the system, and actually looked decent in Houston last year when he played before he got hurt and Yates played well as a backup.

Do like the draft after the first Dobson, Amerson, trading for Anderson...I would love to see a KOR guy. Who do you have playing in the slot Maclin? Or Dobson?

Dobson has played the slot at times at Marshall, and DeSean has actually played a lot slot, as has Damaris Johnson, and Maclin has even played the slot. It will likely be a joint effort depending on the formation. Boykin has looked better recently as the KOR outside of that fumble, and Bryce Brown didn't look awful when they put him back there, he runs hard.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Oh and I like the mock a lot....a little FA heavy but it's ok.

I don't know enough about Dysert to have an opinion on whether or not I'd want him as our QB.

We need to spend somewhere near 85% of the cap, and just 10 out of the 53 players aren't home grown guys (12 if you count guys like Hunt and Hughes who started in other organizations but really hit their strides here).
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok he does look better against ohio st than he does against boise st.

Which doesn't make a lot of sense.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He's the guy I want to come coach personally, but I don't get why anyone would say he isn't ready either like what Remmmixxx said.

It's not like Houston had a bad offense before he got there, everyone seems to credit him with creating that offense, and the credit should go to Kubiak. Everyone here is talking about him like he saved the Texans offense, and their organization, when in fact it was Wade Phillips who deserves all the credit.

The only way I'd approve of Ricky D is if he brought Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

It's not like Houston had a bad offense before he got there, everyone seems to credit him with creating that offense, and the credit should go to Kubiak. Everyone here is talking about him like he saved the Texans offense, and their organization, when in fact it was Wade Phillips who deserves all the credit.

The only way I'd approve of Ricky D is if he brought Norv Turner as his offensive coordinator.

That would just be stupid as they don't even run the same scheme.

Also, between 2006 and 2009 Houston couldn't run the ball, they only had one season under Kubiak with a YPC over 4 in a 4 year stretch. As soon as Dennison became offensive coordinator in 2010 the YPC jumped to 4.8, and they haven't fallen below 4 yards a carry.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love beside Amerson. but I doubt the Rams would pull the trigger to get Joeckel and pay that much

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Also, between 2006 and 2009 Houston couldn't run the ball, they only had one season under Kubiak with a YPC over 4 in a 4 year stretch. As soon as Dennison became offensive coordinator in 2010 the YPC jumped to 4.8, and they haven't fallen below 4 yards a carry.

It's not like Norv Turner hasn't been around long enough to adjust what he does, it's stupid to think he wouldn't.

The fact that Houstons running has increased is a product of them not having Steve "FUMBLE" Slaton in the backfield and having a real runningback back there. He wasn't the savior to Houston's offense like you're crowning him to be, Houston's offense was fine before he got there.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:

It's not like Norv Turner hasn't been around long enough to adjust what he does, it's stupid to think he wouldn't.

The fact that Houstons running has increased is a product of them not having Steve "FUMBLE" Slaton in the backfield and having a real runningback back there. He wasn't the savior to Houston's offense like you're crowning him to be, Houston's offense was fine before he got there.

Houston had a top 10 scoring offense once before he got there, since he's been there they've never been out of the top 10.

The numbers say you're wrong, and you are.

Also I never annointed him as "the savior" of the offense, but the numbers have improved since he's been there. In addition the fact is as an offensive coordinator he's never had a sub 4 YPC.

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The numbers say you're wrong, and you are.

...but they weren't bad before he got there, that's not wrong.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: