Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF5-36-81's Goodness we suck mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: EF5-36-81's Goodness we suck mock Reply with quote

The Eagles Fire GM Howie Roseman and the entire coaching staff.

New GM hired is Texans Director of College Scouting Mike Maccagnan

He has been a major part of coordinating the drafts of one of the best drafting teams in the NFL. Outside of Matt Schaub and Jonathan Joseph, most of their talent is home grown talent. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Duane Brown, JJ Watt, Brian Cushing, DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams and others were all drafted during Maccagnan's tenure in the Texans' organization.

New Head Coach is Texans Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison

Dennison is a coach that utilizes a zone blocking scheme with a run first offense that utilizes the play action passing game effectively with short timing west coast routes as well, unlike the current staff despite the fact that running back is the strength of our roster. The hiring of Dennison ensures we run the football, which is what we've been asking the coaching staff to do for over a decade now.

New Offensive Coordinator is Bears Quarterbacks Coach Jeremy Bates

From 2006 to 2008, Bates was an offensive assistant (coaching receivers and quarterbacks) in Denver while Dennison was the offensive coordinator. Bates and Dennison will work hand in hand with the playcalling. His official title is the same as Josh McDaniels' job in New England as Offensive Coordinator / QB Coach.

New Defensive Coordinator is Current Panthers Head Coach Ron Rivera

Rivera was the defensive coordinator in San Diego when Dennison was offensive coordinator, and the chess matches those 2 had was pretty crazy at times. They have a mutual respect for each other and Dennison brings on Rivera, who has experience in the 3-4, 4-3, and Tampa-2 schemes. There is also a tie between the 2 as far as staffs. Bob Slowik gave Rivera his first coaching job in the NFL when he was defensive coordinator in Chicago in 1997. Dennison and Slowik coached with each other in Denver from 2005 to 2008.

New Special Teams Coordinator is LSU Special Teams Coordinator Thomas McGaughey

McGaughey coached with Dennison in Denver during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons as the assistant special teams coordinator before going to the Giants and taking the same role, winning a Super Bowl in the process. At LSU, the Tigers have had one of the best special teams units in college football, and he will get another shot in the NFL as a special teams coordinator if he wants it, and I think he will take it.

Cuts
QB Michael Vick (17,900,000 Saved Against The Cap)
WR Jason Avant ($1,290,000 Saved Against The Cap)
OT Demetress Bell ($9,500,000 Saved Against The Cap)
DE Jason Babin ($3,845,000 Saved Against The Cap)
DT Cullen Jenkins ($5,500,000 Saved Against The Cap)
CB Nnamdi Asomugha ($11,300,000 Saved Against The Cap)

Re-Signings
The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to a 5 Year Contract

While DRC has his drawbacks, he is an exceptionally talented football player who can make plays on the football. While he gives up his fair share of plays, he is also capable of making plays on the football with his length and elite athletic ability. He's also still very young, and still has the upside to get even better. He gets a similar contract to his cousin Antonio, although his is over a longer term.

The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign LB Akeem Jordan to a 2 Year Contract

A special teams standout with the ability to play all 3 linebacker spots effectively as a spot starter Jordan comes in as the backup to Mychal Kendricks on the weakside of the new scheme. He also continues the role of our special teams ace.

The Philadelphia Eagles Re-Sign LS Jon Dorenbos to a 1 Year Contract

Best long snapper in football, and one of the few consistent players on our special teams unit.

Free Agency
The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Safety William Moore to a 5 Year Contract

Moore is a guy I've had a man crush on since his days in college, and he's become an upper echelon starting NFL safety. He can play in the box and in coverage, and gives you an intimidating presence over the middle who can tackle or bring guys down. He's a guy on the cusp of being a pro bowl player, but tests the market after the Falcons decide to not tag him and leaves after being offered a lucrative contract. He's the new starting Strong Safety.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Offensive Tackle Jermon Bushrod to a 5 Year Contract

Bushrod fits the mold of a zone blocking offensive lineman perfectly. He's obviously got the length you look for, but he's also an amazing athlete for a 300 pounder. He's laterally quick, can get to the second level, and looks at his best when the Saints use zone concepts in their running game. He's strong in pass protection and run blocking, and is a guy who could be a very good free agent signing. He kicks Peters to RT (who was dominant there in Buffalo) coming back from injury to give us a fine set of bookends.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Guard/Center Antoine Caldwell to a 2 Year, $4 Million Dollar Contract

Getting Jason Kelce back and still having Evan Mathis help the need of interior lineman, as they both fit the ZBS, as well as Todd Herremans kicking to guard, we don't need a starter, but bringing in a guy with experience in the system who can play guard and center. Enter in Caldwell, who will fill the role as almost a swing player on the interior, while the starting spots are manned by Evan Mathis - Jason Kelce - Todd Herremans.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Quarterback Matt Leinart to a 1 Year Contract $1.5 Million Dollar Contract

He comes in knowing the offense and comes in as a potential stop-gap starter who is decent in a timing style scheme, he comes in as the veteran who knows the offense. This signing, like the Caldwell signing is Dennison bringing in veterans who know his system.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Andre Neblett to a 2 Year Contract $3 Million Dollar Contract

A young local DT who knows Rivera's system will come in and be a backup to Mike Patterson and play in a rotation.

The Philadelphia Eagles trade the #3 Overall Pick to the Saint Louis Rams for the #13 and #16 (via Washington) Overall Picks in the 2013 NFL Draft. With Geno Smith and Star Lotulelei off the board, and the addition of Jermon Bushrod via free agency, drafting a LT would be redundant. The Rams need to protect Bradford, and still keep their 2nd round selection to be able to add weapons for him to throw for. This pick gives the Rams a franchise LT, and allows the Eagles to fill more holes in their roster.

With the 13th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Jonathan Banks, Cornerback, Mississippi State

A long, athletic corner who can press and run, Banks is a smooth athlete who reminds me a lot of Richard Sherman. Despite his relatively slim build, he's willing and able to play the run, and is a stud in coverage who is a quick twitch athlete that can run stride for stride with receivers as well as be successful in zone, and can press receivers at the line with his tremendous length with surprising strength considering his slight build. He's got all the tools to be an elite cornerback in the NFL.

With the 16th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Zac Dysert, Quarterback, Miami Ohio

I honestly think Dysert is going to rise during the draft process, with his strong arm, accuracy, quick release, and experience in a pro style system in 2011-12,. He's got all the skills and traits you want in a quarterback, and looks the part as well as far as a size and build go. He's gotten the obvious Ben Rothlisberger comparison, and while he's not as big or physically strong, he's still very strong for the QB position and is one of my favorite players in the draft. He's also clean off the field and has shown composure under pressure, two key things NFL teams look for when looking at a franchise passer. His mobility, arm, and ability under center make him a strong fit in this offense.

With the 35th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…David Amerson, Safety, NC State

Amerson may not be as big as you would want a safety to be as far as weight goes, and he might not be as physical a tackler you would want as a safety, but he has absolutely rare and special ball skills. This football team needs playmakers, and with a good tackling safety William Moore added, he's allowed to be a center field safety who uses his range and ball skills to make plays for this defense. With his experience as a corner he can also be used to line up against tight ends in man coverage and potentially even learn to play the slot. Over the past 2 seasons Amerson has picked off 18 passes and broke up another 16 passes. He could be a special ballhawk in the NFL.

With the 65th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Aaron Dobson, Wide Receiver, Marshall

While Dobson hasn't put up the numbers you would want a WR playing against subpar competition to put up, but over the past 2 seasons he's shown the tools of an elite wide receiver. His size and strength on the field give him the ability to break tackles of the smaller corners, while his deceptive speed and long strides allow him to beat defensive backs deep. He's got big strong hands and plucks the football with them, and he can go up and get the football. While he's playing against fewer NFL type prospects than other top receivers, he's shown top notch physical skills, and has flashed ability on the field. Give him better QB play and good coaching and I think he could be a stud in the NFL.

The Eagles trade the #98 Selection in the 2013 NFL Draft to the Carolina Panthers for LB James Anderson.

With Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly already starting and linebacker Jon Beason impossible to cut with his huge contract, the Panthers may be looking to move one of their linebackers, and the easiest for them to move would be Anderson, as he's the only one they can move without coming out in the red as far as cap hit vs penalty goes is Anderson, so they move him, and Rivera gets the front office to make the move.

With the 137th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Reid Fragel, Offensive Tackle, Ohio State

Fragel fits the ZBS being brought in with athletic ability size, and length of an elite tackle, but he needs to get a bit stronger and clean up his technique. That said, he's falling in a great situation for him, as he can learn from a former offensive line coach in Rick Dennison, who will attempt to mold him into another classic Shannahan/Kubiak/Dennison/Gibbs late round gem on the offensive line.

With the 173rd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Earl Watford, Guard, James Madison

Another athletic lineman brought in late in the draft to be molded into a potential starter, Watford is a fit in the ZBS as well, is a Philly kid, and while he doesn't play against elite competition, he shows good athletic ability and enough talent to get drafted in the NFL. He's an intriguing player for us, and has long term starting potential.

With the 227th Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select… Marquis Jackson, Defensive End, Portland State

Jackson is admittedly a name I know little about, but he's got 7.5 sacks this season, gets in the backfield against the run looking at his TFL numbers, has NFL size, and is reportedly a very good athlete. He also has NFL bloodlines with his brother Malik being drafted last season, so there are some things to like on paper with Jackson. This was the pick from the Colts in the Fokou/Lloyd deal.

With the 232nd Overall Pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, the Philadelphia Eagles Select… Anthony McCloud, Defensive Tackle, Florida State

McCloud plays on a stacked defensive line at FSU, and while people will look at guys like Tank Carradine, Bjorn Werner, Brandon Jenkins, and Everett Dawkins before him, McCloud has been a very good run defender for the team and his size and strength have given others the opportunity to make plays. This is the pick from the Broncos in the Bunkley deal.

Zac Dysert // Matt Leinart // Nick Foles
LeSean McCoy // Bryce Brown // Dion Lewis // Chris Polk
Stanley Havili
DeSean Jackson // Jeremy Maclin // Aaron Dobson // Riley Cooper // Damaris Johnson
Brent Celek // Clay Harbor
Jermon Bushrod
Evan Mathis // Earl Watford
Jason Kelce // Antoine Caldwell
Todd Herremans // Danny Watkins
Jason Peters // Reid Fragel

Brandon Graham // Phillip Hunt // Marquis Jackson
Mike Patterson // Andre Neblett // Anthony McCloud
Fletcher Cox // Cedric Thorton
Trent Cole // Vinny Curry
James Anderson // Jamar Chaney
DeMeco Ryans // Casey Matthews
Mychal Kendricks // Akeem Jordan
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie // Jonathan Banks // Brandon Boykin // Curtis Marsh // Brandon Hughes
David Amerson // Nate Allen
William Moore // Kurt Coleman

Alex Henery
Mat McBriar
Jon Dorenbos

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me at "Leinart". Razz

I like this more than some of the others I've seen. Not too familiar with Dysert, and not sure that Moore makes it out of ATL, but all in all, it's solid IMO. Maybe a few tweaks here and there could be better.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Dysert fan, really don't see why people like him.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly dislike the coaching staff, save maybe Rivera. I'd like to move away from the zone blocking scheme, because it's been an awful experience for us.

I don't think Bushrod is very good, not sure how much of an upgrade he'd provide, and not sure if he'd fit[see D. Bell] into a ZBS.

That's a monster reach on Dysert, IMO.

I don't believe David Amerson to be able to come in right away and take Nate's safety spot.

The rest of the draft is just meh, don't really see any improvement here besides Banks.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda agree with Remixxxxxxx.

Not a big fan of the coaching staff and if we had two first round picks and came away with Banks and Dysert I'd be disappointed.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

NFL size. Strong arm. Makes good decisions. Clean off the field. What's not to like? He does have a common college issue with occasionally staring down receivers. Underrated and will be, at worst, a second round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I strongly dislike the coaching staff, save maybe Rivera. I'd like to move away from the zone blocking scheme, because it's been an awful experience for us.

Theres a difference between the ZBS we run, and the one the Texans run, its much more effective and efficient. In addition Dennison brings a commitment to a running game, which we have lacked for years despite having very good running back depth the past 10-15 years.

I don't think Bushrod is very good, not sure how much of an upgrade he'd provide, and not sure if he'd fit[see D. Bell] into a ZBS.

New Orleans runs a blocking scheme that uses both man and zone concepts. They at times use concepts very similar to those of the Shanny offense as far as run blocking. Bushrod excells when on the move as a blocker, is a good pass blocker and has been terrific as a run blocker as well this season and in the past. Bushrod has been much more consistent than Bell as well, and has played in a system that uses some of the concepts that will be brought in here.

Dysert will be the riser of the draft, I'm calling it now. He'll get into that middle of the first area, and teams will fall in love with him. He's got all the tools, and he made players on that Miami Ohio offense look halfway decent when infact its unlikely any of them play in the NFL. He's tough in the pocket and has a quick release, he's got a strong arm, and he's pretty athletic, played in a pro style offense, and shows the ability to make NFL reads.

I don't believe David Amerson to be able to come in right away and take Nate's safety spot.

Nate sucks, he got his job taken by a terrible free agent who I've already forgotten the name of (Or trying to forget because Jarrad Page was just as bad) and would be replaced this season if our depth didn't absolutley blow at S. David Sims had the best played game as a safety this season against New Orleans. Even though Graham dominated him, he's a 5-9 guy who was stride for stride with Graham in coverage. He was put in a bad spot by Bowles trying to cover him. Anyone that can do one thing well on defense should replace him.

The rest of the draft is just meh, don't really see any improvement here besides Banks.

I disagree

-OL is adressed as far as Starters go with Bushrod, and in the event of an injury to one of the tackles, Herremans can kick outside and Caldwell can play any of the 3 interior spots improving the depth along the OL. Fragel and Watford give you high upside players to develop.

-Dysert has all the tools in a franchise passer, and is an upgrade over Foles.

-Dobson improves the redzone offense and gives you an over the middle target with YAC ability to develop.

-The safety play is upgraded with Moore and Amerson.

-A linebacking corps of Anderson-Ryans-Kendricks is an upgrade. Anderson's length makes him better suited on the strongside to stack and shed blockers, and is an impact player against the run, and Kendricks and Ryans are still the nickel backers.

I fail to see how its not much of an upgrade. Theres only so much you can upgrade in one offseason.

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:

What's wrong with the staff? Bates is a proven NFL playcaller that has worked with Dennison before. Dennison is one of the brighter up and coming coordinators. You don't like what the Texans have been doing on offense? I do still think it will be a defensive Guy, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

NFL size. Strong arm. Makes good decisions. Clean off the field. What's not to like? He does have a common college issue with occasionally staring down receivers. Underrated and will be, at worst, a second round pick.

completion % is kind of lacking for someone who throws a wide receiver screen every other pass.

Has little to no pocket awareness, has no feel for backside pressure.

Get's happy feet when rushers are coming into his face. Throws off his backfoot.

Throws a lot of interceptions for someone that makes good decisions, also seems like he might float his deeper balls. You see a lot of defenders undercut those passes or try to.

I think he will turn the ball over like it's his job in the nfl.

Matts4313 wrote:
How drunk on you?
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OL is adressed as far as Starters go with Bushrod, and in the event of an injury to one of the tackles, Herremans can kick outside and Caldwell can play any of the 3 interior spots improving the depth along the OL. Fragel and Watford give you high upside players to develop.

Jermon Bushrod isn't very good, not sure why you're pimping him out to be some star, Caldwell is going to go somewhere in which he's promised a starting spot, and you have us taking two, TWO, project lineman, have we not learned our lesson?

Quote:

That doesn't mean it's not a massive reach. What is Dysert going to do for us? Easy answer, put us in a situation such as Tennessee and Minnesota, where we reached on a potential franchise guy and he's been just average.

Quote:
-Dobson improves the redzone offense and gives you an over the middle target with YAC ability to develop.

I don't have a like or dislike thought for Dobson, just seems like he's an average player, with good size, who made an insane one handed catch and every jumped on him.

Quote:

There's nothing you can say or show me that will prove that Amerson is better then Nate Allen. Actually, David Amerson is terrible, have you seen him this year? The dudes game is a tranwreck - and for a big fat negative, his tackling is awful, but what the hell let's toss him at safety!

Quote:
-A linebacking corps of Anderson-Ryans-Kendricks is an upgrade. Anderson's length makes him better suited on the strongside to stack and shed blockers, and is an impact player against the run, and Kendricks and Ryans are still the nickel backers.

I don't believe the linebacking corp to be one of the weaker units on the team, so why we're trading meaningful picks towards our future away for a WLB is baffiling.

Quote:
I fail to see how its not much of an upgrade. Theres only so much you can upgrade in one offseason.

You've done the same thing that this team has been doing for years - bring in a few big name free agents, reach on a talent in the first, and then draft mediocre, out of left field guys late as projects. The only thing you've upgraded is our draft spot for 2014.
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennison worries me as a Head Coach imo. He reminds me a little of Juan. A damm good positional coach, but not cut out to be the head man.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dennison is one of the brighter up and coming coordinators. You don't like what the Texans have been doing on offense?

It's no that I dislike what the Texans do on offense, it's that I don't believe Dennison to be some hot head coaching canidate, and I don't believe him to ready for a head coaching job.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

completion % is kind of lacking for someone who throws a wide receiver screen every other pass.

Has little to no pocket awareness, has no feel for backside pressure.

Get's happy feet when rushers are coming into his face. Throws off his backfoot.

Throws a lot of interceptions for someone that makes good decisions, also seems like he might float his deeper balls. You see a lot of defenders undercut those passes or try to.

I think he will turn the ball over like it's his job in the nfl.

Have youseen the stone hands he has to work with? His receivers drop the ball like they get paid to. I've seriously never seen anything like it.

I simply disagree with he rest. I don't think a lot of you know what "happy feet" are. The term gets thrown around way too easily here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Banks pick if we cut Nnamdi....but Dysert at 16 is a massive reach.....we could get him later and honestly Id rather have Nassib in the 2nd or 3rd....Id be pretty mad if we took Dysert #16 overall.....ick.

I don't know much about the new OC.....All I know is he looks like a fatter Jay Cutler. I like Dennison and Rivera...but who are our oline and dline coaches?

Draft is really meh.....Im not riding the Dobson gravy train......There are way better WRs we could get there...like Jordan Matthews, Marquess Wilson, Marcus Davis etc...

Amerson in the 2nd?? Over guys like Reid, Elam, Lester, McDonald, and even Jefferson? All of them are superior prospects.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Quote:
OL is adressed as far as Starters go with Bushrod, and in the event of an injury to one of the tackles, Herremans can kick outside and Caldwell can play any of the 3 interior spots improving the depth along the OL. Fragel and Watford give you high upside players to develop.

Jermon Bushrod isn't very good, not sure why you're pimping him out to be some star, Caldwell is going to go somewhere in which he's promised a starting spot, and you have us taking two, TWO, project lineman, have we not learned our lesson?

False on all accounts, Bushrod has given up just 6.5 sacks over the past seasons, has just 7 penalties in that timespan, and the Saints are averaging a whopping 6.42 YPC off left end this season, good for first in the NFL. Caldwell won't be promised a starting spot anywhere he goes, fact. And how is taking 2 project lineman not a positive late in the draft? Fragel also has shown flashes that he's a good blocker on the move and also has also shown the ability to be a good cut blocker. Watford actually shows good skills but plays in a subpar conference

Quote:

That doesn't mean it's not a massive reach. What is Dysert going to do for us? Easy answer, put us in a situation such as Tennessee and Minnesota, where we reached on a potential franchise guy and he's been just average.

Dysert is a better prospect than Ponder was, and he's neck and neck with Locker, although they are different, but Ponder should have gone in the top 20. Dysert is more accurate and makes better decisions than Locker, has a stronger arm than Ponder, and is a top 20 prospect IMO.

Quote:

I don't have a like or dislike thought for Dobson, just seems like he's an average player, with good size, who made an insane one handed catch and every jumped on him.

His QB play sucks though, its the upside you are drafting here as well. He's already shown he can go up and get the football and has strong hands and can run, but he also flashes after the catch ability if you watch Marshall.

Quote:

There's nothing you can say or show me that will prove that Amerson is better then Nate Allen. Actually, David Amerson is terrible, have you seen him this year? The dudes game is a tranwreck - and for a big fat negative, his tackling is awful, but what the hell let's toss him at safety!

Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman are horrific tacklers anyway and aren't worse than Amerson. He's got the best ballskills in the draft, has shown ability in coverage, and is a playmaker, something we desperatley lack.

Quote:

I don't believe the linebacking corp to be one of the weaker units on the team, so why we're trading meaningful picks towards our future away for a WLB is baffiling.

First off Anderson is a SLB and Kendricks goes to the weakside. Secondly, we can use all the upgrades we can get defensively, and he's a guy who played under Rivera in Carolina and is strong against the run and is a guy who on the strongside is better suited to play the run because he is better as a block shedder than Kendricks. We add a good football, point blank period.

Quote:

You've done the same thing that this team has been doing for years - bring in a few big name free agents, reach on a talent in the first, and then draft mediocre, out of left field guys late as projects. The only thing you've upgraded is our draft spot for 2014.

First off, Bryce Brown was the first high upside project pick we've had late in the draft in some time. Usually we draft borderline NFL players, don't know what you are talking about there. We really don't add that much via free agency as we add 2 starters, which isn't out of the ordinary, especially since with us cutting all the cap we do, have to spend a high amount of the cap we have, therefore we add upgrades in the starting lineup via free agency. There are 7 total starers that aren't homegrown out of 22. Out of 53 players on the roster only 12 players were not home grown guys. So its not us bringing in a bunch of free agents like you say. In addition Dysert will be a riser in the draft, and will shine in Mobile at the Senior Bowl, and will be a top 20 guy so he's not a reach. Amererson has special ball skills, and is worth a 2nd round pick. Dobson isn't a reach in the 3rd round as he improves something that needs to improve in the redzone passing game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: