Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BirdsAyeView's Partial Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BirdsAyeView

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: BirdsAyeView's Partial Mock Reply with quote

Season Outlook:
*Vikings finish 8-8, 16th overall pick in draft.
*Frazier keeps Head Coach position, Musgrave is fired possible pickup of Hue Jackson.
-I'm with Gnat on the above ^ He did a realistic prediction with both.

I'll skip the Cuts/Resigns and go to F/A:

Free Agency Signings:

WR Dwayne Bowe - 1-2 year deal.
NT Terrance Knighton - 2-3 year deal.
I would love to say Jarius Byrd, but I don't see the Bills losing him.

On to the Draft:

Round 1: WR Keenan Allen (CAL)
Round 2: DE John Simon (OH ST)
Round 3: FS Bacarri Rambo (UGA)
Round 4: (Via Detroit) WR Jordan Matthews (Vandy)
Round 4: OG Alvin Bailey (Ark)
Round 5: OLB DeVOnte Holloman (SCAR)
Round 6: (Via Tennessee) TE Michael Williams (Bama)
Round 6: DT Anthony Rashad White (Mich St.)
Round 7: ILB Greg Blair (Cinci)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the revamped WR's, very heavy that way.

As for the draft, I don't love all the picked. Alvin Bailey is nice, but Rambo and Simon aren't my favorite. I'm okay with Raymond starting at safety, and where does Simon see playing time, DT or ILB would be much better, even OLB would be better than that pick, he is a luxury pick that doesn't make sense with rebuilding.

BirdsAyeView

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

As for the draft, I don't love all the picked. Alvin Bailey is nice, but Rambo and Simon aren't my favorite. I'm okay with Raymond starting at safety, and where does Simon see playing time, DT or ILB would be much better, even OLB would be better than that pick, he is a luxury pick that doesn't make sense with rebuilding.

I can see that. He is a little bit luxury, I was just really high on him because he is an excellent player, and I could see him getting some rotational snaps behind Allen. It was mostly preparation for when Allen is gone at this point (based off of Allen's performance this season, it could be sooner than later).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dwayne Bowe won't take a 1/2 year deal; if you want him it's going to take a long term deal.
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsAyeView wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

I can see that. He is a little bit luxury, I was just really high on him because he is an excellent player, and I could see him getting some rotational snaps behind Allen. It was mostly preparation for when Allen is gone at this point (based off of Allen's performance this season, it could be sooner than later).

I wouldn't right it off. Spielman did the same thing when he took Rudolph while having Shiancoe and Kleinsasser.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like some/most of the players you have the team drafting but my main problem with this draft is you've essentially filled an entire draft with players you're hoping provide dividends years down the line. There isn't a player there that would give this team any sort of impact in year 1, in my opinion. And given this roster, that's a big problem given the timeline of some players and others who need to show marked improvement next year.

Contracts aside, the players you picked up in FA would be ideal.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Like some/most of the players you have the team drafting but my main problem with this draft is you've essentially filled an entire draft with players you're hoping provide dividends years down the line. There isn't a player there that would give this team any sort of impact in year 1, in my opinion. And given this roster, that's a big problem given the timeline of some players and others who need to show marked improvement next year.

I think Keenan Allen would be an impact player first year, would give Ponder someone to throw to that could actually catch the ball aside from Harvin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsAyeView wrote:
this providence wrote:

I think Keenan Allen would be an impact player first year, would give Ponder someone to throw to that could actually catch the ball aside from Harvin.

Don't see it.

This offense would then have AD who's going to get his, Harvin who's going to see plenty of plays just designed for him in particular not to mention anything else he gets his way, and then finally Bowe who's exactly the type of possession receiver Ponder needs - minus character/effort issues. That's ignoring how Rudolph fits into the offense as well.

Realistically, there's so few chances a rookie receiver would have at getting any sort of run in that type of hypothetical offense. Then of course you have to take into account most all rookies at that position provide next to nothing in their first season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
BirdsAyeView wrote:
this providence wrote:

Don't see it.

This offense would then have AD who's going to get his, Harvin who's going to see plenty of plays just designed for him in particular not to mention anything else he gets his way, and then finally Bowe who's exactly the type of possession receiver Ponder needs - minus character/effort issues. That's ignoring how Rudolph fits into the offense as well.

Realistically, there's so few chances a rookie receiver would have at getting any sort of run in that type of hypothetical offense. Then of course you have to take into account most all rookies at that position provide next to nothing in their first season.

Should have mentioned that I was referencing Allen as a potential threat had we not pick up Bowe. You'll see several more mocks from me over the course of the next few months, this just happened to be what I came up with first. I'm still high on Allen for us though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
BirdsAyeView wrote:
this providence wrote:

Don't see it.

Are you saying that there is such a thing as too many playmakers? Because that is entirely false.

And Keenan Allen is a perfect fit in this offense. The guy is a stud, a blue chip player who will impact whichever team he lands on.

As far as rookie receivers not producing, what about these guys:
AJ Green - 65 Rec, 1057 Yds, 7 TD
Julio Jones - 54 Rec, 959 Yds, 8 TD (missed three games)
Dez Bryant - 45 Rec, 561 yds, 6 TD (missed four games)
Percy Harvin - 60 Rec, 790 Yds, 6 TD
Hakeem Nicks - 47 Rec, 790 Yds, 6 TD

All loads better than most of what we have now, and some on teams with a lot of targets.

I like the idea of revamping the receiving corps because to me, that is far and away the biggest issue with this team. If you can't score points, you can't win games. Period.
this providence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
As far as rookie receivers not producing, what about these guys:
AJ Green - 65 Rec, 1057 Yds, 7 TD
Julio Jones - 54 Rec, 959 Yds, 8 TD (missed three games)
Dez Bryant - 45 Rec, 561 yds, 6 TD (missed four games)
Percy Harvin - 60 Rec, 790 Yds, 6 TD
Hakeem Nicks - 47 Rec, 790 Yds, 6 TD

We're not going to say Allen is in the class of those players are we?

What I'm saying is that this team has far too many holes elsewhere on this roster to be taking one of the top receivers in the FA class, a 1st round WR, and yet another with their first 4th round pick. With the offensive approach this team has and the players that they would then hypothetically employ ,even before this draft, that seems like a tremendous misapplication of the few resources they have to improve the team.

That's my point. Not that I don't like Allen as a prospect, I do (although there's no way anyone can tell me he's in the class of Green, Jones, or Harvin).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: