Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami (5-6) vs New England (8-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fasel1515

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Martin was on and off, though you could clearly see he was far more comfortable on the left side. He gave up a sack to Trevor Scott however and wasn't facing any mean pass rusher. I'm excited to see him play LT.

That sack did not bother me because he held his block for 5 seconds. Now I understand Trevor Scott is not an elite pass rusher but the reason we have soured on Jake Long is because he would give up sacks to guys like this. My point is there is no need to pay big bucks to a guy who is clearly on the decline.

Long on the decline already? Sheeesh

If you watched him play you could clearly notice this. Hell even look up how many sacks he has given up. Maybe you should stick to assessing your own players...
finsyanksmancs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Well they lost this game. Things I noticed:
-Martin is more comfortable at LT (at least for one game)
-Ryan Tanneyhill still is not progressing. Not encouraging
-Charles Clay should get more targets in the passing game
-Miami lacked speed at receiver during the Parcells era. That still remains.
-I love Paul Solai
-Cam Wake is a one man pass rush
-Miami actually ran a successful screen pass today...lol

Do you think the lack of progression has something to do with the lack of weapons? You mention a lack of speed at receiver and I have to imagine that with a guy who's even moderately fast, that overthrow to Hartline is a touchdown.

Sig by: PatsDynasty21
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill does more of the little things that are encouraging to see compared to the Quarterbacks of the past. Athletic, throws accurately on the run, timing passer. It's hard to evaluate him because his receivers simply CANNOT win one on one match ups. The windows are so tight. The speed isn't there. Hartline got separation on 2 busted coverages. Everything else from Fasano, Bess, ect is a defender within a step. Patriots had 2-3 steps on our defenders consistently. We do NOT have the weapons to win individual matchups. And as a result Tannehill is a tough study.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still in the process of learning the game and the nuances of the position. He's going to move forward and appear to take steps back... It's almost pointless to be worried about his development at this stage. We knew going into the season he was the least "ready" for the NFL and yet he is starting and doing some good things. If he is still making the same mistakes in year 3 then it will be time to worry, but until that point its all part of the education of a QB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: