Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami (5-6) vs New England (8-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5744
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry but this does not make any sense. We should have just gone for the TD.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatewood2


Joined: 10 Feb 2007
Posts: 5744
Location: Kent, WA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a crappy, crappy loss. We started out horrible and could not get it rolling on Offense at all. The D did a good job today but the O could not help them out at all hence the patsies able to run on the fins in the second half. We should have just gone for the TD and ended the game with a 3 point loss but instead we lose by a TD. The D did a good job but lost their wind for being on the field so much. I don't think we will do any better when the patsies are back to full strength. At least we didn't get blown out like most of their wins this season.
_________________



NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dolphinologist


Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Posts: 5574
Location: New York
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
I'm sorry but this does not make any sense. We should have just gone for the TD.


More than one way to skin a cat. You are using 100% hindsight ... if anything is to blame it will be how the defense folded against the run on that last patriot FG drive.
_________________


Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DOLFAN016


Joined: 20 Mar 2007
Posts: 650
Location: Central Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
That was a crappy, crappy loss. We started out horrible and could not get it rolling on Offense at all. The D did a good job today but the O could not help them out at all hence the patsies able to run on the fins in the second half. We should have just gone for the TD and ended the game with a 3 point loss but instead we lose by a TD. The D did a good job but lost their wind for being on the field so much. I don't think we will do any better when the patsies are back to full strength. At least we didn't get blown out like most of their wins this season.


Yes, because it was a "guarantee" that we were going to score a TD. If we would've went for the TD, then it would've just taken more time off the clock with no way to have time for an onside kick and FG.

By kicking the FG our coaches were playing to win the game. Unlike you, who would rather play to lose by 3. Great fan...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4457
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a tough loss but one that we lost for ourselves. The botched punt at the begining and the overthrow to Hartline were huge. That could have been a 7 point turnaround and we might have seen the W
_________________


Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3152
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FG was the right call.

We showed just why we're a young team today. Elite teams take advantage of opportunities, we had two to score and we didn't take either. Disappointing game for Tanny but that's fine, Patriots also did an excellent job vs Luck. The outcome and game was disappointing but it's nice to see our defense put up one hell of a game.

Next week is SF, Kaep showed some weaknesses today, hopefully he'll make some more next Sunday.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
This was a tough loss but one that we lost for ourselves. The botched punt at the begining and the overthrow to Hartline were huge. That could have been a 7 point turnaround and we might have seen the W


Running into the kicker was bigger than the overthrow. You don't give back 3-and-outs to an offense like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytotha


Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 4457
Location: Spokane Valley, Wa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
This was a tough loss but one that we lost for ourselves. The botched punt at the begining and the overthrow to Hartline were huge. That could have been a 7 point turnaround and we might have seen the W


Running into the kicker was bigger than the overthrow. You don't give back 3-and-outs to an offense like that.


The overthrow would have been a touchdown
_________________


Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patdt13


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 8810
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
This was a tough loss but one that we lost for ourselves. The botched punt at the begining and the overthrow to Hartline were huge. That could have been a 7 point turnaround and we might have seen the W


Running into the kicker was bigger than the overthrow. You don't give back 3-and-outs to an offense like that.


The overthrow would have been a touchdown

_________________

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fins20??SBChamp


Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Posts: 569
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Well they lost this game. Things I noticed:
-Martin is more comfortable at LT (at least for one game)
-Ryan Tanneyhill still is not progressing. Not encouraging
-Charles Clay should get more targets in the passing game
-Miami lacked speed at receiver during the Parcells era. That still remains.
-I love Paul Solai
-Cam Wake is a one man pass rush
-Miami actually ran a successful screen pass today...lol


Well lets hope he is cause the rumor is that Jake Long has torn triceps and is done for the season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ViolentMonk71


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 3766
Location: Don Shula's front porch
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fins20??SBChamp wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
Well they lost this game. Things I noticed:
-Martin is more comfortable at LT (at least for one game)
-Ryan Tanneyhill still is not progressing. Not encouraging
-Charles Clay should get more targets in the passing game
-Miami lacked speed at receiver during the Parcells era. That still remains.
-I love Paul Solai
-Cam Wake is a one man pass rush
-Miami actually ran a successful screen pass today...lol


Well lets hope he is cause the rumor is that Jake Long has torn triceps and is done for the season.


He is and may actually be an upgrade....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WaterBear56


Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Posts: 3152
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin was on and off, though you could clearly see he was far more comfortable on the left side. He gave up a sack to Trevor Scott however and wasn't facing any mean pass rusher. I'm excited to see him play LT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warpticon


Joined: 21 May 2010
Posts: 1587
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytotha wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Jaytotha wrote:
This was a tough loss but one that we lost for ourselves. The botched punt at the begining and the overthrow to Hartline were huge. That could have been a 7 point turnaround and we might have seen the W


Running into the kicker was bigger than the overthrow. You don't give back 3-and-outs to an offense like that.


The overthrow would have been a touchdown


And the penalty turned a punt into a touchdown and kept the defense on the field for another 5 minutes or whatever. That pass needed a better delivery for sure, but deep passes miss frequently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ovaw8lover


Joined: 06 Jan 2006
Posts: 9065
Location: Dolphins Stadium
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Martin was on and off, though you could clearly see he was far more comfortable on the left side. He gave up a sack to Trevor Scott however and wasn't facing any mean pass rusher. I'm excited to see him play LT.


That sack did not bother me because he held his block for 5 seconds. Now I understand Trevor Scott is not an elite pass rusher but the reason we have soured on Jake Long is because he would give up sacks to guys like this. My point is there is no need to pay big bucks to a guy who is clearly on the decline.
_________________
"Yesterday Is History, Tomorrow Is A Mystery, And Today Is A Gift. That Is Why It Is Called The Present.""
Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HOVA333


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 4764
Location: Brockton MA Richard Sherman is a Pansy
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Martin was on and off, though you could clearly see he was far more comfortable on the left side. He gave up a sack to Trevor Scott however and wasn't facing any mean pass rusher. I'm excited to see him play LT.


That sack did not bother me because he held his block for 5 seconds. Now I understand Trevor Scott is not an elite pass rusher but the reason we have soured on Jake Long is because he would give up sacks to guys like this. My point is there is no need to pay big bucks to a guy who is clearly on the decline.


Long on the decline already? Sheeesh
_________________

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group