Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 12?
Janoris Jenkins: Being Lindley's Favorite Target
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
Craig Dahl: Doing something useful
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
How about William Hayes yesterday? Shocked
I was really hoping we could have gotten him back for the DL rotation for next year. He has been good all year. But someone likely noticed yesterdays performance and could very well give him some bigger money to be a starter. And good for him, but we will have to replace him.

You think hes earned starting money?? Have you re-watched the game yet? I think bradford missed Gibson on that 4th down play! It was a beautiful throw though. Just missed Gibson for an easy one IMO.

You mean Pettis?

BBL
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
I was at the game, and now coming back in here to read this thread from start to finish is just . . . Amusing. I'll leave it at Amusing.

Your guys snap reactions are fun to see.

Aside from the comments on Hekker and Kendricks, I don't know if there were many comments that weren't warranted.

Though TBF, you just cannot punt a ball 14 yards in overtime.
In no way am I saying ALL of the comments were overreactions, but there are some big themes that are getting a bit out of hand.

Hekker being cut?
Seriously guys? Seriously... That may be the biggest joke of a statement Ive seen here in a while. This is a guy who has been just about nothing but Great for us this year. He has had a few bad punts, but all punters do. And just because you can pickup another punter off the street doesnt mean they are easy to replace. If you were paying attention they had Hekker kicking away from Ginn in overtime. The first one was exactly like the second one, but he kept it in play longer and put it out at the 20. Exactly what he was supposed to do. He just caught more side foot than he wanted to on the second one (and btw, it didnt cost us the game).

Kendricks shouldnt be the receiving TE?
Again, OVERREACTION. Should he have caught those balls? Yes, I will not defend that. But to pretend his season is now defined by those? Just stop it. He is a very good all around TE, both blocking and receiving. Thats what the actual position of TE is. No he is not one of these Jimmy Grahm/oversized WR types, We knew that all along. Did you see that 2pt conversion play? Where he beat P-Willie one-on-one, where he broke that tackle to make sure he got in for a crucial score? Apparently some already forgot.

Roger Saffold was responsible for ALL the Line penalties?
Yes, that was said in this tread. He had one false start, where he clearly had the wrong snap count in his head. IT HAPPENS. He is not one that does it every game, or has a whole bunch in one season. It is rare that a Lineman goes an intire season without a false start somewhere. Its going to happen. And the second one was just a bad call, Aldon was coming across and Saffold was reacting. Right now Barry Richardson is the only problem with the OL (a major one). They could be more cohesive, but this was only Game 2 for this group, and we could upgrade over Turner, but he isnt bad.

James Laurinaitis is Pathetic?
I will say this again, What were you all watching? I am well aware of the one Run by Gore, that was a bad play and a mis-read. But do you all understand what he does for this defense? The things he does pres-nap are amazing. And he has been dropping in coverage more this season than ever before. The guy had 10 solo tackles and 2-3 HUGE plays in this game.

The questions about Janoris
Jrry pointed out exactly what was going on, and some of you are still yelling about him? The secondary scheme is pretty baffling. And the flashes of greatness by JJ is when he just reverts back to his instincts. I do think alot of hit has to do with the Awfulness of our Safeties.

GZ's miss
IT WAS 58 YARDS!!! Shut Up about it. Most teams cant even ATTEMPT that kick much less hit the middle of the net, just slipping it right. Guy is one of the best things about this team. He has only missed 2 FGs INSIDE of 50 yards

It was an ugly game, but thats the kind of football Jeff Fisher has always played. Get used to it. We are Undefeated in the NFL West. That is clearly the message that Fisher has sent, thats where we have to start. I think he has brought it up in interviews before. There are 2 places to start, to make your statements. 1) Defend your house 2) Own your Division. That is where you start. What if we split down the stretch? We Hold off the Vikings at Home, and take down the Hawks to end the year? We would be 7-8-1. We would finish undefeated in the West, and 5-2 at home for the season. From 2 wins last season I will take that and love it in a first season when we had no Line for alot of the year, questions all over the offense, and a very suspect Secondary.

Perspective people, perspective.

P.S. - We need to go back to those Unis, Ive been saying it for years

I agree completely with you, at the end of the day we gave up 13 points to a pretty good offense and other than a mobile QB (Every week we play one it seems this year) with one big scramble we held their run game in check and the Rams got Jackson his carries to wear down their D.

Had Jenkins got beat deep we would have lost the game, as bad as it seems he may have played, we won. He may not trust the coverage down field and feels like he is on an island, we don't know.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
I was really hoping we could have gotten him back for the DL rotation for next year. He has been good all year. But someone likely noticed yesterdays performance and could very well give him some bigger money to be a starter. And good for him, but we will have to replace him.

You think hes earned starting money?? Have you re-watched the game yet? I think bradford missed Gibson on that 4th down play! It was a beautiful throw though. Just missed Gibson for an easy one IMO.

You mean Pettis?

No the throw to pettis was beautiful but he had gibson open when both the corner and the safety.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

You mean Pettis?

No the throw to pettis was beautiful but he had gibson open when both the corner and the safety.
I know what you are talking about, but I think the biggest problem there was the play call.

That is an automatic with Danny in the game. i think they had Pead run the flat route and it was designed to just get the 1st, not go for the TD. But it was covered and Pead couldnt improvise like Danny and Sam doesnt trust to force a ball to anyone but Amendola.

It was a beautiful throw to the Corner laying it over the top, the problem there was that it was Austin Pettis going for the catch. That HAS TO be Brian Quick going up to get that ball.

As far as missing Gibson, It happened alot durring the game. i think somethign has happened between Sam/Coaches & Gibby. They dont seem to trust him at all anymore. There were a few plays that Gibby was possibly open downthe sidelines and Sam didnt even look at him, and each time Gibson walked to the bench dejected and asked for a Sub. It was really odd.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
I was at the game, and now coming back in here to read this thread from start to finish is just . . . Amusing. I'll leave it at Amusing.

Aside from the comments on Hekker and Kendricks, I don't know if there were many comments that weren't warranted.

In no way am I saying ALL of the comments were overreactions, but there are some big themes that are getting a bit out of hand.

Yes, that was said in this tread. He had one false start, where he clearly had the wrong snap count in his head. IT HAPPENS. He is not one that does it every game, or has a whole bunch in one season. It is rare that a Lineman goes an intire season without a false start somewhere. Its going to happen. And the second one was just a bad call, Aldon was coming across and Saffold was reacting. Right now Barry Richardson is the only problem with the OL (a major one). They could be more cohesive, but this was only Game 2 for this group, and we could upgrade over Turner, but he isnt bad.

Jrry pointed out exactly what was going on, and some of you are still yelling about him? The secondary scheme is pretty baffling. And the flashes of greatness by JJ is when he just reverts back to his instincts. I do think alot of hit has to do with the Awfulness of our Safeties.

It was an ugly game, but thats the kind of football Jeff Fisher has always played. Get used to it. We are Undefeated in the NFL West. That is clearly the message that Fisher has sent, thats where we have to start. I think he has brought it up in interviews before. There are 2 places to start, to make your statements. 1) Defend your house 2) Own your Division. That is where you start. What if we split down the stretch? We Hold off the Vikings at Home, and take down the Hawks to end the year? We would be 7-8-1. We would finish undefeated in the West, and 5-2 at home for the season. From 2 wins last season I will take that and love it in a first season when we had no Line for alot of the year, questions all over the offense, and a very suspect Secondary.

Two things first I was the one that made the Saffold comment and lets see what I said.

NVRamsFan wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
Did anyone notice the line looked great today except Richardson on that RT? Yeah he needs to go next year. I think with Rok coming back next year hopefully better than ever we'll fill in that RT spot and start putting together a nice line.

Saffold had some stupid penalties I know Dahl had one but I think all the OLine penalties were Saffold.

Nowhere did I berate him other than to say some stupid penalties. Yes every lineman will have them through the course of the year that is natural. But false starts at home are bad. Nowhere did I say cut or replace him or he's horrible I made a statement that I thought all the oline penalties were his. Were they? Looking back there were three penalties on the oline and one on a TE for hold. Wells, not Dahl like I thought had a hold and Saffold had two false starts. Looks pretty accurate what I said.

As for Jenkins I asked the question and didn't call for him to be cut or start acting like a drama queen about it it's a very simple question. Some games he plays a different style than what he is capable of and in those games it doesn't look good and gives up lots of first down plays.

NVRamsFan wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
I'm confused last week JJ was the man, this week he gets exposed as a rookie. Now he is back to being garbage?

The big question I have with him is simple. Is it him or the coaches. This week he was off the line and giving all kinds of room, last week he was up on it and in peoples faces, the week before he was off the line and giving up tons of plays. If he's on the WR's and in their face he has a great day, if he plays soft and gives them ten yards on a third and three it makes you wonder.

Is it him or the coaches and no matter who it is why is it happening?

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I know what you are talking about, but I think the biggest problem there was the play call.

I agree. I understand why he made that call considering a similar play worked against NYJ but in that situation, you're getting too fancy. Line up in a heavy set and play-action it if you want to pass...or run a play-action boot.

Quote:
It was a beautiful throw to the Corner laying it over the top, the problem there was that it was Austin Pettis going for the catch. That HAS TO be Brian Quick going up to get that ball.

I don't know about Brian Quick. He got the ball stripped out of his hands as well. Pettis needs to come down with that though.

Quote:
As far as missing Gibson, It happened alot durring the game. i think somethign has happened between Sam/Coaches & Gibby. They dont seem to trust him at all anymore. There were a few plays that Gibby was possibly open downthe sidelines and Sam didnt even look at him, and each time Gibson walked to the bench dejected and asked for a Sub. It was really odd.

As far as that specific play, people keep saying he missed Gibson but they're not correct.

On the play, they bunched up with Pead running the flat route, Pettis running the corner and Gibson running a curl. People think Gibson was open because when Pettis broke out of the clustereff to the corner of players, it appeared Gibson was open.

He wasn't though. I watched the play on NFL Rewind a good 5 times to analyze different parts of it. The safety, Dashon Goldson I believe, was sitting maybe 2 yards behind Gibson staring right at him. It wasn't until Bradford wound up to throw that Goldson turned and tried to catch up to Pettis on the corner route.

In fact, if I were going to argue anything, it would be that Bradford was a little late on the throw as he had the back corner open and could have led Pettis to the pylon had he thrown it earlier. That all said, he still delivered the ball into Pettis's hands. The defender made a great play.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Hekker being cut?
Seriously guys? Seriously... That may be the biggest joke of a statement Ive seen here in a while. This is a guy who has been just about nothing but Great for us this year. He has had a few bad punts, but all punters do. And just because you can pickup another punter off the street doesnt mean they are easy to replace. If you were paying attention they had Hekker kicking away from Ginn in overtime. The first one was exactly like the second one, but he kept it in play longer and put it out at the 20. Exactly what he was supposed to do. He just caught more side foot than he wanted to on the second one (and btw, it didnt cost us the game).

Kendricks shouldnt be the receiving TE?
Again, OVERREACTION. Should he have caught those balls? Yes, I will not defend that. But to pretend his season is now defined by those? Just stop it. He is a very good all around TE, both blocking and receiving. Thats what the actual position of TE is. No he is not one of these Jimmy Grahm/oversized WR types, We knew that all along. Did you see that 2pt conversion play? Where he beat P-Willie one-on-one, where he broke that tackle to make sure he got in for a crucial score? Apparently some already forgot.

James Laurinaitis is Pathetic?
I will say this again, What were you all watching? I am well aware of the one Run by Gore, that was a bad play and a mis-read. But do you all understand what he does for this defense? The things he does pres-nap are amazing. And he has been dropping in coverage more this season than ever before. The guy had 10 solo tackles and 2-3 HUGE plays in this game.

GZ's miss
IT WAS 58 YARDS!!! Shut Up about it. Most teams cant even ATTEMPT that kick much less hit the middle of the net, just slipping it right. Guy is one of the best things about this team. He has only missed 2 FGs INSIDE of 50 yards

So you were at the game, which makes your perception so much more worthy.... Rolling Eyes

As far as cutting Hekker, I said it may be extreme, but the first thing you look for in a punter is consistency. Why? Because you can't afford 14 yard punts during overtime. If Akers doesn't choke, he loses us the game there. It isn't just one badly muffed punt either, this guy has a well established history of doing it.

We absolutely need a pass catching TE added to this team, and if two years of watching Lance drop routine passes hasn't convinced you, then perhaps you will get your wish and be forced to endure another few years of watching it. In addition to drops, please tell me exactly what matchup problem Kendricks creates? He's a good 2nd tight end because he is a plus blocker and has some ball skills and speed.

Those are the only two of the points which you identified that I disagree with. That, and your increasingly provocative posts. (For all you kids out there, that doesn't mean sexually arousing)

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

So you were at the game, which makes your perception so much more worthy.... Rolling Eyes

As far as cutting Hekker, I said it may be extreme, but the first thing you look for in a punter is consistency. Why? Because you can't afford 14 yard punts during overtime. If Akers doesn't choke, he loses us the game there. It isn't just one badly muffed punt either, this guy has a well established history of doing it.

We absolutely need a pass catching TE added to this team, and if two years of watching Lance drop routine passes hasn't convinced you, then perhaps you will get your wish and be forced to endure another few years of watching it. In addition to drops, please tell me exactly what matchup problem Kendricks creates? He's a good 2nd tight end because he is a plus blocker and has some ball skills and speed.

Those are the only two of the points which you identified that I disagree with. That, and your increasingly provocative posts. (For all you kids out there, that doesn't mean sexually arousing)

I agree with that. Unless they don't plan on featuring a TE in the passing game, we need a receiving TE. Lance is a good athlete who can separate but he's not reliable when it comes to catching the ball.

I'd love to see us draft receiving type TE in the 4th round. In fact, that's what I did in my latest mock which I'll post some time tonight.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, since hes been back what game has saffold not had a false start in?

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Um both the first San Fran and Arizona games. He has been back for 4 games and has 2 false starts.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Um both the first San Fran and Arizona games. He has been back for 4 games and has 2 false starts.

Im pretty sure i remember him having a false start against arizona.

Nope- got him confused with wells i believe. Still, the holds are killing us and they are extremely frustrating. That hold on the Sjax run almost cost us the game in OT.

They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
Summerz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I think we can all agree on here is that Pettis is the worst PR in the league....
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Nope- got him confused with wells i believe. Still, the holds are killing us and they are extremely frustrating. That hold on the Sjax run almost cost us the game in OT.
Which was Mulligan...
S-jax39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:

Which was Mulligan...

I didnt say who it was ( I didnt remember) I was just pointing out how the holds are killing us.

They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I agree with that. Unless they don't plan on featuring a TE in the passing game, we need a receiving TE. Lance is a good athlete who can separate but he's not reliable when it comes to catching the ball.

I'd love to see us draft receiving type TE in the 4th round. In fact, that's what I did in my latest mock which I'll post some time tonight.
Is there that big of a difference between Lance Kendricks & Dustin Keller? Keller is more athletic overall, with a bit more speed. He is a better receiving weapon, but not by that much in my mind.

Keller was a major part of the offense there due to no other weapons, Schotty doesnt base his Offense around the TE. I would personally love to try and find a Grahm/Gronk/Rudolph type, but Im not sure thats the offense we seem to be running.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: