Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. 49ers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 12?
Janoris Jenkins: Being Lindley's Favorite Target
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
Craig Dahl: Doing something useful
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 26

jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
maladeen3917 wrote:
RamRod wrote:
Let's go back to Hekker. Please cut him tomorrow. You're a professional. All you have to do is punt the ball. Yet you shank way too many punts. That should rarely happen, if ever. I'm sure there are plenty of punters without a job right now that can do it better than you.

he has also boomed some punts for us as well. At the end of the day, he is playing pretty well and has been more consistent than GZ, why aren't you crucifying GZ like that?

Hekker has a history of pathetic punts, remember the one that went behind him in college? Punters are easy to replace, especially ones that punt the ball 14 yards in overtime. It sends a message without damaging the team. Maybe cutting him is harsh, but I won't cry over it.

Punters being easy to replace is easier said than done. They are not that easy to replace.

So a Punter averaging nearly 47 yards per punt and 40+ yards net average as well as having a 5+ I20 to TB average is not a guy you want to replace. Especially if this is a rookie Punter who does it with value as a fake punt passer.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I don't see any reason why we'd think about cutting Hekker. He's punted well all year but we are going to cut him after one bad game?

I was as pissed as anyone when he shanked that last punt but no way he deserves to be cut.
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
yeah I don't see any reason why we'd think about cutting Hekker. He's punted well all year but we are going to cut him after one bad game?

I was as pissed as anyone when he shanked that last punt but no way he deserves to be cut.

Everything said about Hekker was probably out of frustration. I know we are not cutting him.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a game to watch. Rams undefeated in the division still!
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
iRaMs wrote:
I'm confused last week JJ was the man, this week he gets exposed as a rookie. Now he is back to being garbage?
Well Ryan Lindley definitely helped his cause. He telegraphed most of his throws in the 2nd half, which led to all of the picks.

But overall, it's a rookie being a rookie. He has weeks where he looks like the future superstar he is, and others where he looks completely lost.

It just makes me scratch my head. I get what you are saying though.

Manningham without a doubt was beating Jenkins, then Dahl did something. . . ? And when Moss came out and Janoris had to be on him you could tell he was scared to death of the deep ball. But the best part is that when he was on Davis he wanted to kill him with the tackle every time.

He did look bad today. His fumble recovery for a TD was all about his instincts which I think all of us have come to see from him. He just knows how to play football - even if he does get beat sometimes.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg the Leg nearing RECORD BREAKING numbers. Another 3-point chip from 50+ and he's in the record books.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the game, and now coming back in here to read this thread from start to finish is just . . . Amusing. I'll leave it at Amusing.

Your guys snap reactions are fun to see.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
I was at the game, and now coming back in here to read this thread from start to finish is just . . . Amusing. I'll leave it at Amusing.

Heck no man, That offense in the first half was LOL worthy,

Jenkins getting beat on the Slant route was just insane, It was

Insanity at it's finest and it worked for the Niners. We kept trying something

expecting different results over and over.

The miss by GZ could have been a fatal error. Way too many

emotions yesterday, If you felt nothing!!! You sir are a robot.

Quote:
@STLouisRams St Louis Rams
Zuerlein is 1st in @nfl history to tie game w/ 0:00 left in 4th & win in OT w/ 50+ yard FGs

BBL

mozwanted wrote:

Last edited by El ramster on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ctp2124

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

Aside from the comments on Hekker and Kendricks, I don't know if there were many comments that weren't warranted.

Though TBF, you just cannot punt a ball 14 yards in overtime.

Props to mike23md

Supporter of Mohammed Sanu and Lavonte David to the Rams
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctp2124 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Aside from the comments on Hekker and Kendricks, I don't know if there were many comments that weren't warranted.

Though TBF, you just cannot punt a ball 14 yards in overtime.
In no way am I saying ALL of the comments were overreactions, but there are some big themes that are getting a bit out of hand.

Hekker being cut?
Seriously guys? Seriously... That may be the biggest joke of a statement Ive seen here in a while. This is a guy who has been just about nothing but Great for us this year. He has had a few bad punts, but all punters do. And just because you can pickup another punter off the street doesnt mean they are easy to replace. If you were paying attention they had Hekker kicking away from Ginn in overtime. The first one was exactly like the second one, but he kept it in play longer and put it out at the 20. Exactly what he was supposed to do. He just caught more side foot than he wanted to on the second one (and btw, it didnt cost us the game).

Kendricks shouldnt be the receiving TE?
Again, OVERREACTION. Should he have caught those balls? Yes, I will not defend that. But to pretend his season is now defined by those? Just stop it. He is a very good all around TE, both blocking and receiving. Thats what the actual position of TE is. No he is not one of these Jimmy Grahm/oversized WR types, We knew that all along. Did you see that 2pt conversion play? Where he beat P-Willie one-on-one, where he broke that tackle to make sure he got in for a crucial score? Apparently some already forgot.

Roger Saffold was responsible for ALL the Line penalties?
Yes, that was said in this tread. He had one false start, where he clearly had the wrong snap count in his head. IT HAPPENS. He is not one that does it every game, or has a whole bunch in one season. It is rare that a Lineman goes an intire season without a false start somewhere. Its going to happen. And the second one was just a bad call, Aldon was coming across and Saffold was reacting. Right now Barry Richardson is the only problem with the OL (a major one). They could be more cohesive, but this was only Game 2 for this group, and we could upgrade over Turner, but he isnt bad.

James Laurinaitis is Pathetic?
I will say this again, What were you all watching? I am well aware of the one Run by Gore, that was a bad play and a mis-read. But do you all understand what he does for this defense? The things he does pres-nap are amazing. And he has been dropping in coverage more this season than ever before. The guy had 10 solo tackles and 2-3 HUGE plays in this game.

The questions about Janoris
Jrry pointed out exactly what was going on, and some of you are still yelling about him? The secondary scheme is pretty baffling. And the flashes of greatness by JJ is when he just reverts back to his instincts. I do think alot of hit has to do with the Awfulness of our Safeties.

GZ's miss
IT WAS 58 YARDS!!! Shut Up about it. Most teams cant even ATTEMPT that kick much less hit the middle of the net, just slipping it right. Guy is one of the best things about this team. He has only missed 2 FGs INSIDE of 50 yards

It was an ugly game, but thats the kind of football Jeff Fisher has always played. Get used to it. We are Undefeated in the NFL West. That is clearly the message that Fisher has sent, thats where we have to start. I think he has brought it up in interviews before. There are 2 places to start, to make your statements. 1) Defend your house 2) Own your Division. That is where you start. What if we split down the stretch? We Hold off the Vikings at Home, and take down the Hawks to end the year? We would be 7-8-1. We would finish undefeated in the West, and 5-2 at home for the season. From 2 wins last season I will take that and love it in a first season when we had no Line for alot of the year, questions all over the offense, and a very suspect Secondary.

Perspective people, perspective.

P.S. - We need to go back to those Unis, Ive been saying it for years
Emcee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knocking Zuerlein is just hilarious. For the season:

1-19.....1/1
20-29.....2/2
30-39.....3/5
40-49.....7/7
50+.....7/10

The only slight concern is missing two in the 30s range. He's also the first player with a 50 and 60 yarder in the same game, hit that 58 at Soldier field, and owns the Rams franchise record.

As a rookie.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about William Hayes yesterday? Shocked
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan55 wrote:
I was really hoping we could have gotten him back for the DL rotation for next year. He has been good all year. But someone likely noticed yesterdays performance and could very well give him some bigger money to be a starter. And good for him, but we will have to replace him.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:
I was really hoping we could have gotten him back for the DL rotation for next year. He has been good all year. But someone likely noticed yesterdays performance and could very well give him some bigger money to be a starter. And good for him, but we will have to replace him.

Sam as Eugene, He's been one of our most best kept secret.

He won't wow you, But he brings good pressure. Either from the inside or outside.

We have a bunch of solid guys. Rocky has been solid all year, It's amazing that the fans only seem to complain about James L Laughing

That's how good/solid our LB play has been all year... Boi

has Jonlon been a blessing.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
ramsfan55 wrote:

You think hes earned starting money?? Have you re-watched the game yet? I think bradford missed Gibson on that 4th down play! It was a beautiful throw though. Just missed Gibson for an easy one IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: