Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Broncos @ Chiefs - What are You Thankful For?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: GDT Broncos @ Chiefs - What are You Thankful For? Reply with quote

It's going to be a busy week for most, so I thought I'd give us a GDT a little early. Everyone please be safe this week and enjoy your family. It may be your last... 2012 and all.

So a Thanksgiving theme for this game, tell us what about the Chiefs are you thankful for?

I am thankful that I can still get some enjoyment out of the Chiefs via Romeo's ridiculous press conferences - http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/19/3925942/broncos-manning-up-next-for-chiefs.html

Quote:
Romeo Crennel saw the formula on Monday for a Chiefs victory.

“We have to do everything in our power to be the best we can be, to be perfect,” Crennel said. “That’s what I told them. We need to be perfect. That’s the only way we have a chance.”

Really, you are asking the same team I saw play Sunday to be PERFECT? And on top of that you tell them that being perfect IS THEIR ONLY CHANCE? THIS is your grand plan?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His press conferences have become absolute comedy gold!

I wish Jay Mohr would pick up on this stuff - someone should twitter him some of these quotes. He loves sports comedy.

As for the game.. Crennel says he will make his decision about the QB Wednesday. Ahem.. what?!

Didn't he already pick Quinn as his starter and the injury forced Cassel back in? He said he didn't want Quinn looking over his shoulder?! Yet now he's deciding.. ok.

Maybe he's deciding on Stanzi?! I can hope right? I mean it's the most logical move. We have two known elements that suck horribly and one element that hasn't played with the live bullets yet. PUT HIM IN!!

Denver by 24!

Edit: Forgot to comment what I'm thankful for with this '12 Chiefs team.. honestly.. I'm thankful they haven't bought in to this train wreck FO and Staff and are losing. If they finish this off and we get all the changes needed I'll look back on the 2012 squad as heroes.

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
valkrei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol,

we may not even see Stanzi their own Bias and Pride get in the way every week.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful that I am Canadian and have already been thankful this year, so there is no rhyme or reason for me to be thankful again, when, like I stated I have already been thankful once, so why would it make any sense to be thankful twice?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for win 2.

J

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thankful for the Jags naming Chad Henne the starter.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful for finally having a legitimate shot at getting a starting worthy quarterback.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigs, is this "Thanksgiving Fools" or what????

You're telling me that he told the players that they are SO bad that the ONLY way they can win is to play perfect? Or is it that he's saying he realizes that the coaches...their game planning...their system....their decisions....are SO bad the only way they can overcome it is to play a perfect game. He might as well say, "guys, #7 has to play perfect for us to win". (The players muffle snickers"). "Don't laugh fellas, he's not elite, but if he plays like it for just ONE game, we can come out with a win, which is what you want, a win....and that's what we've been unable to do."

Well, Romeo did say he would evaluate and see what other sort of tactics (QB switch, TO threats, new DC) he might use to help get a win, because, well, uh that's the key to get a win, we haven't gotten wins, so until we get some wins....we're gonna look at it and uh...yeah....we're gonna have to be PERFECT that's the ONLY way. Very Happy

On the other hand, how perfect were we against the Saints...when I hear him talk, part of me doesn't even think he realizes that we have in fact WON a game.

Herm Edwards "You play to WIN the game"
Romeo Crennel "That's the key to get WINS"

Combined record: 16-44

You know why I like Romeo's quote so much? He was asked what else he might use to get his team to win...his answer "That's the key to get wins". So the KEY to winning games is simply to WIN!!!! That's the ONLY thing we've been doing wrong. We just need to WIN Laughing Laughing Laughing

Oh yeah...I'm thankful for Derrick Johnson...watching him helps me keep my sanity and makes other posters look bad when they don't consider him elite.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 pm; edited 8 times in total
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful for Jamaal and DJ, our Texas boys. As for the game. We'll lose by 30.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful for being 1-9 for only the 3rd time in franchise history. Why you ask, because in the years following the last two 1-9 seasons, we fired everyone in the FO. How can this time be any different?

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: GDT Broncos @ Chiefs - What are You Thankful For? Reply with quote

Quote:

“We have to do everything in our power to be the best we can be, to be perfect,” Crennel said. “That’s what I told them. We need to be perfect. That’s the only way we have a chance.”

Shouldn't you be demanding perfection from your team from day 1? That's what Herman Boone did. Teams never play as well as you want them to. Romeo probably demanded good play, then not bad play, then better play. Now he's finally moved to where he should have been in the first place. Strive to be perfect. What a goof.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I'm thankful for being 1-9 for only the 3rd time in franchise history. Why you ask, because in the years following the last two 1-9 seasons, we fired everyone in the FO. How can this time be any different?

Pioli is the gm. Nothing is certain until his sorry butt is gone from Arrowhead.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Pioli is the gm. Nothing is certain until his sorry butt is gone from Arrowhead.

And just to be clear, when I say FO I mean more then just Pioli, Donovan must go too. He's the one behind the repeated PR blunders, not paying Haley, confiscating signs at Arrowhead, charging firemen for a ticket who were holding the flag on the field on the anniversary of 9/11, any alleged wire tapping, and anything that isn't directly football related.

^ryknowssd on the sig
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thankful for there being two stud QB prospects at the top of this draft named Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin 3.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GDT Broncos @ Chiefs - What are You Thankful For? Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Quote:

Shouldn't you be demanding perfection from your team from day 1? That's what Herman Boone did. Teams never play as well as you want them to. Romeo probably demanded good play, then not bad play, then better play. Now he's finally moved to where he should have been in the first place. Strive to be perfect. What a goof.

Lombardi said to pursue perfection and along the way they would achieve excellence.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: