Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13: Buccanners (6-5) at Broncos (8-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manilathrilla1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
If we lose, Atlanta wins the division.

If Atlanta wins 2 more games they clinch it too, with as many wins as they have this early, they already have the division won.

Yet struggle to win in the playoffs regardless of their regular season record. Only scored 2 points last year in the playoffs, and 2010 with a 13-3 they were 1 and done. Maybe they break through this year...

The real fun in this is that the NFC South has 3 legit teams now and playing the best brings out the best.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manilathrilla1 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
If we lose, Atlanta wins the division.

If Atlanta wins 2 more games they clinch it too, with as many wins as they have this early, they already have the division won.

Yet struggle to win in the playoffs regardless of their regular season record. Only scored 2 points last year in the playoffs, and 2010 with a 13-3 they were 1 and done. Maybe they break through this year...

The real fun in this is that the NFC South has 3 legit teams now and playing the best brings out the best.

I don't really see Atlanta making it past the Packers or Niners, as they'll likely be playing whichever one of them is the #3 seed. Bad news there is that if we make the playoffs, we're going to be the #6 and playing them first, and I don't think we're on the same level as them (although it's not out of the question).

Atlanta did us a favor though by beating the Saints. We need to win 3 more games at least to make the playoffs which means we need to beat the Falcons, Saints, or the Broncos tomorrow, along with the Rams and Eagles.
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be close, but I think we win this by a point Haha
mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go bears

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was briefly watching NFL network this morning and the Bucs have the worst pass defense yardage wise given up in the first 11 games since 1940. Shocked I guess bad is not even a proper adjective to use anymore.

That being said, I expect the Bucs to compete hard and have a chance to win in the 4 th quarter. Coach Schiano deserves a lot of credit for making this team mentally tough and not get down on themselves when things go badly.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I was briefly watching NFL network this morning and the Bucs have the worst pass defense yardage wise given up in the first 11 games since 1940. Shocked I guess bad is not even a proper adjective to use anymore.

That being said, I expect the Bucs to compete hard and have a chance to win in the 4 th quarter. Coach Schiano deserves a lot of credit for making this team mentally tough and not get down on themselves when things go badly.

I may be alone here, but statements like that don't phase me in the least (for the record this is in no way directed at you, RO). It's just like "the biggest contract ever" type things. Passing defenses will continuously give up more yards, just like passing offenses will continuously put up more yards.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

We have been relying on cast offs from bad teams and undrafted free agents. Horrible doesn't even come close to describing how bad they are. Pretty big mistake by our front office trusting these losers after trading Talib, because if it's not for them, we're probably 8-3 right now easily.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

While it's a horrible stat it doesn't give all the info in my mind. Did they also follow that up with that we are 19th in passing TD's allowed per game. In the end we give up tons of yards, there is no denying that but when looking at all of the passing stats against us, I still think we are far from the worst.

19th in TD's
29th in First Downs
30th in Yards per Comp
21st in Avg QB Rating
30th in Completion

So while i'm not trying to defend this horrid pass defense, if we focus on just yards we are the worst in history but i'll give up yards all day if we limit points because at the end of the day. Points are what we cause losses, not yards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

We have been relying on cast offs from bad teams and undrafted free agents. Horrible doesn't even come close to describing how bad they are. Pretty big mistake by our front office trusting these losers after trading Talib, because if it's not for them, we're probably 8-3 right now easily.

News flash: we were still the leagues worst pass defense when we had Talib. He just kept burning his team and organization as a whole with his stupidity off te field antics.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

While it's a horrible stat it doesn't give all the info in my mind. Did they also follow that up with that we are 19th in passing TD's allowed per game. In the end we give up tons of yards, there is no denying that but when looking at all of the passing stats against us, I still think we are far from the worst.

19th in TD's
29th in First Downs
30th in Yards per Comp
21st in Avg QB Rating
30th in Completion

So while i'm not trying to defend this horrid pass defense, if we focus on just yards we are the worst in history but i'll give up yards all day if we limit points because at the end of the day. Points are what we cause losses, not yards.

Add in we're bottom 5 in sacks and qb pressures/hurries = terrible pass defense.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So according to Rick stroud mike Sullivan has interest in becoming the next HC at Boston college.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hate 4pm games.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I may be alone here, but statements like that don't phase me in the least (for the record this is in no way directed at you, RO). It's just like "the biggest contract ever" type things. Passing defenses will continuously give up more yards, just like passing offenses will continuously put up more yards.

No offense taken. Anyway you slice it is the weakest part of the team. As a long time Bucs fan, I'm still trying to come to grips with this team being led by a dynamic offense. Its definitely culture shock for me, who has been watching for almost 30 years. Leeman Bennett, Richard Williamson, Ray Perkins, those were some painful years. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: