Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT IX: Occupy Valley Ranch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I just got linked one of the funniest threads I have ever read regarding the Redskins and Cowboys.. The best part is, its completely true.

I cant post the whole thing, its not quite forum appropriate... But the Author game me permission to post it, so here is the first part:

Hostile wrote:
Over the years I have found that Redskins fans like to talk smack about a couple of things. This has always cracked me up a little bit, because the things they choose to wax poetic about show an incredible lack of knowledge about the History of their own team.

Okay, hopefully your interest is now piqued and you can enjoy the real facts. What are the weak attempts at smack that I speak of? Hey, glad you asked. The first one is about Michael Irvin and his arrest for cocaine. They call us the "Crack Boys" and I've even heard Irvin called "Coke Machine." I admit, that's kind of funny. The other is about a movie called Brokeback Mountain, and they make references to Aikman being gay and call our QB, "Tony Homo."

You've all heard these things. How about we expose the jabs for the weak little girl punches they really are?

Let's start with the notion that Michael Irvin is evidence that our whole team is cocaine addicts. Michael Irvin was arrested for cocaine possession in the 1996 off season. He pled nolo contendre, or no contest, to those charges. He never spent time in jail for it. He was fined $10,000, and was on probation for 4 years. He was also suspended for 5 games even though he never failed an NFL drug test. That's right, he never failed one.

There have been other allegations that shadowed Irvin after this but each time none of those allegations have materialized as being as bad as this incident. Now you can certainly disrespect Irvin's actions here and you would be right to. He was wrong and he knows he was wrong. You heard him say so in his Hall of Fame speech.

How about we discuss a guy so wrapped in cocaine that he interrupted a Hall of Fame career and never got back on track? His name was Dexter Manley, and he without a doubt was one of the most disruptive DEs ever to play the game. If you like pure football talent, you liked watching Dexter Manley. Not only was he a great player, he was engaging and fun. He also had a very dark companion, cocaine.

In 1986, a full 10 years BEFORE Irvin was arrested Dexter Manley got hooked. In fact he got hooked so bad that his drug use caused him to have a cyst on his brain that he had to have surgery on a year ago and has caused him some memory loss.

Manley revealed he learned about the cyst way back in 1986 when he was so lit up that he collapsed in a department store and hit his head. How wrapped up in coke was Manley? He now says he is $12 million dollars in debt because of his addict lifestyle. That's right folks, 12 with 6 zeros.

Manley tested positive for cocaine 4 times and in 1991 was suspended from the NFL for life. He spent the last 2 years of his playing days in the CFL.

Now, someone is going to bring it up if I don't, Manley also admitted he was illiterate even though he graduated from college. That's right, he couldn't read or write. Some may mock this. I won't. I respect Manley for having the courage to reveal this and to actually learn. It is however tragic that he had to learn to do these things in prison. He was sentenced to 4 years in prison and served 2 of the 4.

The bottom line is this, mocking Michael Irvin while at the same time turning a blind eye to one of your own is pretty stupid. I would also like to point out that to my knowledge no Mayor of Dallas, or Irving, or Arlington has ever been videotaped in a hotel room smoking crack with a hooker. Google Marion Barry if you don't know what I am talking about. You can certainly ask if Laura Miller was on crack to let the Cowboys leave town, Marion Barry actually was.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha that's pretty funny

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This onion article was funny

http://www.theonion.com/articles/golden-tate-claims-he-caught-final-hail-mary-in-fa,30907/?ref=auto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to see Mama tonight...hope it's decent.

^^^mack
textaz03

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my 13th day of 12 hour shifts in a row! Next 2 days off are going to be catching up on sleep!!!

Next pay check is going to be sweet with all that over time!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

I saw it on Thursday. It's pretty creepy. The whole contorted body thing is always a creeper for me. The ending is kinda "meh." Saw the preview for Exorcism part 2(or something) in the trailers... now that looks scary.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=Zce-QT7MGSE

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I saw it on Thursday. It's pretty creepy. The whole contorted body thing is always a creeper for me. The ending is kinda "meh." Saw the preview for Exorcism part 2(or something) in the trailers... now that looks scary.

Honestly...I was disappointed.

Then again, the two teens behind me didn't help matters...especially the one female dog who kept revealing the plot the entire time.

But, dinner and drinks afterward with my friend went well. So, it was a fun night all-in-all.

^^^mack
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Just finished my 13th day of 12 hour shifts in a row! Next 2 days off are going to be catching up on sleep!!!

Next pay check is going to be sweet with all that over time!!

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today as I was reviewing the some paper work, I noticed an irregularity. After doing a little research, I noticed that three employee's have been stealing from the company.

I called all three of them in tomorrow for a meeting. I expect I will be firing all three. Shame, I really liked them. Good workers.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Today as I was reviewing the some paper work, I noticed an irregularity. After doing a little research, I noticed that three employee's have been stealing from the company.

I called all three of them in tomorrow for a meeting. I expect I will be firing all three. Shame, I really liked them. Good workers.

:cringe: People are so stupid though. Amazing how many in today's society with all the info readily available, they still think they can beat system.

Good luck. Have fun.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Wait... someone put you in charge over people?!?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Wait... someone put you in charge over people?!?

Webby did it first.

Laughing

^^^mack
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, guys...you can apparently take a bath in beer

Link

Quote:
Beer is an excellent skin conditioner. Next time you want to have a long soak in the bath, tip in a good can of dark beer before you hop in and just soak in it!

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with baking a loaf of beer bread every now and then, but bathing in it is just wasteful.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 26 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 sack, 1 Forced Fumble, 3 Pass Break Ups

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 60 of 100

Jump to: