Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT IX: Occupy Valley Ranch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back. Cool

^^^mack
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
I'm back. Cool
there went the neighborhood!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
htfryar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MH, as a self admitted gun nut, I'd have to agree with textaz on the 9mm over the .38 special. Some people don't think a 9mm has enough power. With modern hollow point ammo, a 9mm will get the job done without overpenetration concerns. I have a concealed carry permit and carry a 9mm loaded with Speer Gold Dot rounds. I tried 4 different types of JHP rounds and my pistol liked the Gold Dots best.

The 9mm I carry is a Taurus 809 and I love it. It has 17 + 1 capacity, ambidextrous safety, an under barrel accessory rail and strike 2 capability. That means that if the hammer falls on a round that doesn't fire, you can pull the trigger and try the same round again before manually ejecting it.

The only problem with the 809 is the limited number of holsters available for it.

Also, like textaz said, I'm a BIG fan of the 1911 platform for the .45 acp. I'll post more about them in the morning.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
I'm back. Cool
there went the neighborhood!!!

Exactly. We're all doomed now.

On WH's home front...hoping, praying that my upcoming move pays off. Or, I should say, that the move I really, really, really want to happen, pays off. UPRR has been good to me for the most part, but I'm just done with all their BS. I hate going to work. I hate pretty much everyone in management. And, I most definitely loathe with every drop of blood in my body the cluster of clowns we have in upper management.

With any type of luck I will be disappearing for the next couple of monthes. hope to find out soon.

Not my style, but damn, I could use soon good karma. You got any to spare, throw it my way.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

It's nice to be back home. I'm so damn dehydrated and dropped 13 lbs in the week's time I was away.

Best of luck with your move, WH

^^^mack
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Laughing

It's nice to be back home. I'm so damn dehydrated and dropped 13 lbs in the week's time I was away.

Damn!

Give that man a brew. He's dehydrated. You sit on the wagon with new jobby, job?

13lbs in one week? \What, you live off bread and water?

Quote:

Thanks man. I need all the good shiny thoughts I can get.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Laughing

Damn!

Give that man a brew. He's dehydrated. You sit on the wagon with new jobby, job?

13lbs in one week? \What, you live off bread and water?

Quote:

Thanks man. I need all the good shiny thoughts I can get.

The people I was living with were vegetarians. All they had to drink in the house was OJ, water or diet Coke. I can't do diet, so I basically lived off water and one meal a day while I was down there.

They let me go today because I told them the smoke (they're four pack-a-day if not more smokers) was too much for me to handle.

^^^mack
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
They let me go today because I told them the smoke (they're four pack-a-day if not more smokers) was too much for me to handle.

Let you go as in you are no longer working there? Or just take a day off?

Either way, dealing with 4 packs a day.. yuck.. you deserve a beer!
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

No longer working there. Still getting a check for the days I was there, though.

And as far as beer, already cracked one open Smile

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

No longer working there. Still getting a check for the days I was there, though.

Sucks that the job didn't work out. I know you were looking forward to that one. But hey, at least you got some beer money out of it. After working with veggies for a while, the first thing I would have done was fire up the grill and eat some meat.

Arkansas Razorback DE Trey Flowers 2014 Stat Tracker - 13 tackles, 2 TFL, 0 sacks, 1 Pass Break Up

Last edited by htfryar on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Sucks that the job didn't work out. I know you wer elooking forward to that one. But hey, at least you got some beer money out of it. After working with veggies for a while, the first thing I would have done was fire up the grill and eat some meat.

Laughing

The last couple of days the maid made sure I ate something after a friend of mine told her I get bad migraines if I don't. So I did end up having steak one night.

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

Sucks that the job didn't work out. I know you wer elooking forward to that one. But hey, at least you got some beer money out of it. After working with veggies for a while, the first thing I would have done was fire up the grill and eat some meat.

Laughing

The last couple of days the maid made sure I ate something after a friend of mine told her I get bad migraines if I don't. So I did end up having steak one night.

You shoulda grilled the steak rare and ate it in front of the veggie lovers.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:

Y'know...come to think of it...I don't think they even had a grill. They did have a gas range, however...and I've always heard gas is the best method to cook with...

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
htfryar wrote:

Y'know...come to think of it...I don't think they even had a grill. They did have a gas range, however...and I've always heard gas is the best method to cook with...

I don't know about cooking with it, but I bet they had a lot of it from eating all those vegetables. Laughing

htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Taz and others - need some advice

Looking for a .38 special revolver for the house along with a 45. Any advice? recommendations? The 38 special will be for home defense and Gun Range while the 45 will be carried under Castle Law and used at the range and in home defense as well.

If I'm not CC the .38 I don't think I need a snub nose but I would think it's more of a "point-and-shoot" which would work well for the wife. The revolver also makes it simpler and just a trigger pull fix if a misfire happens vs. a jam or having to rack the slide.

After re-reading your original post, I have decided to address what you actually asked about.

While I would still reccommend a 9mm over the .38, if your wife is not overly familiar with handguns, a revolver would be a much simpler choice for her. I am not a big fan of the .38 special caliber, but if you load it with hollow points and hit what you are aiming at, you might not stop the bad guy, but you can darn sure ruin his weekend. Here are a few options for the .38 special...

Ruger SP101 - The last one on that link is a .38 special with a 2.25 inch barrel. It is a bit bigger than a snub nose, but not as long as some full sized versions.

Smith and Wesson Model 64 Military and Police - This one has a 4 inch barrel, but is kinda expensive.

Taurus Model 82 - It is another 4 inch barrel .38 and is a little cheaper than the Smith.

Honestly though, if I was going to get another revolver, and wanted to shoot .38 Special rounds, I would get a Taurus Model 66 with a 4 inch barrel. It is a .357 Magnum, but will fire the .38 Special rounds. It gives you the ability to go with either round and has a 7 shot capacity. You never know when that 1 extra round might come in handy. Plus, it is still cheaper than the Smith .38 Special. I had the 6 inch barrel version of the 66 and killed a deer with it 3 or 4 years ago.

I'll post my thoughts on the .45 in a little bit. I'm going out to watch the Forest Rangers cut down a huge oak tree by my office.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 49 of 100

Jump to: