Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young "potentially" out for the season!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.

He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.

He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.

Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Humble him by putting him on punt and kick return duties exclusively for the rest of the year, see if he grows up at all once OTAs start. If not, cut/trade him for a bag of skittles.

He can't be any worse than Logan even if he is intentionally sabotaging us as a returner.

I could see people not blocking for him on punt returns just so he gets absolutely destroyed.

So it's a win/win. Wink

It sure is Cool
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I disagree 100%

N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.

I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I disagree 100%

N

I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I disagree 100%

N

Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).

Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I disagree 100%

N

Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.
well, technically, it would be his 3rd chance. He punched Delmas too.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I disagree 100%

I meant if the quiting on his team thing is true. Fights happen in every training camp really. It gets heated. That was a non issue for me. Some may not agree but every year there are training camp brawls

N

well, technically, it would be his 3rd chance. He punched Delmas too.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
flyguy1609

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with the Broyals injury does this mean Young is going come back???
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy1609 wrote:

I haven't heard a diagnosis on Broyles yet.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
stylish313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titus has been asked to stay away from the team, and is NOT an option to replace Broyles on the active roster for the remainder of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/ryan-broyles-has-a-torn-acl-titus-young-sent-home-again/

I guess the Lions are as finicky as their fans.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
flyguy1609 wrote:

I haven't heard a diagnosis on Broyles yet.

Broyles has a torn ACL.

Titus sent home again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/03/ryan-broyles-has-a-torn-acl-titus-young-sent-home-again/
Quote:

The Lions are going to have to make a roster move in order to replace Broyles on the 53-man roster and they’ll also have to replace him on gamedays. Titus Young, who was inactive the last two weeks after getting sent home for bad behavior before Thanksgiving, is no longer “in the mix” to return to the active roster. Coach Jim Schwartz said Monday that Young has been asked to stay away from the team again and that he won’t be considered as a replacement for Broyles

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye Titus!!! As much as I loathe some if the coaching decisions by Schwartz, this is the absolute right thing to do for the team. It sends a strong message at the right time. Other teams do far better with much less. No reason we can't... Assuming Linehan opens up the playbook.

Guh. We're screwed, aren't we?
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Patrick Edwards can step up and take Titus' role this offseason. I'd obvoiusly prefer not to draft another WR but ultimately we have to pick the best players we can. Only position I see us "set" at is QB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Nichols FTW!

Razz Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: