Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young "potentially" out for the season!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humble him by putting him on punt and kick return duties exclusively for the rest of the year, see if he grows up at all by the time OTAs start. If not, cut/trade him for a bag of skittles.

He can't be any worse than Logan even if he is intentionally sabotaging us as a returner.

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!

Last edited by Nnivolcm on Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Humble him by putting him on punt and kick return duties exclusively for the rest of the year, see if he grows up at all once OTAs start. If not, cut/trade him for a bag of skittles.

He can't be any worse than Logan even if he is intentionally sabotaging us as a returner.

I could see people not blocking for him on punt returns just so he gets absolutely destroyed.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Humble him by putting him on punt and kick return duties exclusively for the rest of the year, see if he grows up at all once OTAs start. If not, cut/trade him for a bag of skittles.

I could see people not blocking for him on punt returns just so he gets absolutely destroyed.

So it's a win/win. Wink

Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
It honestly looks like the only choice here is to release him in the offseason; at best, a 6th or 7th rounder.

Or... you give him a chance to mature, bring him along and have the potential to add an extremely talented piece to the offense. He isn't making much. He has talent. I'd say that's a better option.
Wasn't the talk about this Lion's team being able to rise above their difficult start to the season centered around the fact that they've rid their locker room of all the negativity that it used to be encompassed with?

Uh... I'm not sure. I don't think that was my point, and I don't really care for it anyway.

Young messed up. Big time. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be given an opportunity to mature.

These guys are kids, living (from the college years on) a life of entitlement. It wont 'click' for all of them right away, and that's fine: that's the environment. It doesn't mean you rush to cut him so some other team with a "veteran locker room presence" can take him, develop him, mold him and have a grateful stud on their hands.

The team is doing the right thing so far: they've made it clear that they aren't going to put up with his nonsense, and that he'll have to prove himself to be part of the team again. Good. Notice he's still on the roster. Giving up on him right now would be foolish, in my opinion.

It doesn't appear that Young's attitude is "cancerous"... it actually seems like the opposite: he seems to have distanced himself from the rest of the players. Lets finally be a team that handles these players instead of a team that keeps giving them away.

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Lets finally be a team that handles these players instead of a team that keeps giving them away.

That's fine and dandy and all, but when the team captain says "we're done with him" and another team captain says "we've moved on from him him" (Raoila andCalvin respectively), that means the players are done with him and he is no longer a part of this team. It doesn't matter what the coaches or FO want to do with him, he is done here. This player will be and should be gone. You can try to state it in a sympathetic manner by calling it "giving him away" all you want, but dude is done here whether he stays on the roster or not.
38andy38

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Lets finally be a team that handles these players instead of a team that keeps giving them away.

That's fine and dandy and all, but when the team captain says "we're done with him" and another team captain says "we've moved on from him him" (Raoila andCalvin respectively), that means the players are done with him and he is no longer a part of this team. It doesn't matter what the coaches or FO want to do with him, he is done here. This player will be and should be gone. You can try to state it in a sympathetic manner by calling it "giving him away" all you want, but dude is done here whether he stays on the roster or not.

Despite my dislike for Raiola he has tended to be one of the voices for the players over the years and his comments combined with ( more importantly ) Calvin's points to Titus having no place on this team.

TBH the staff should be wise enough to realize moving on without Titus would maintain the reputation they have attempted to cultivate by cutting Berry. I highly doubt the players ever allow Titus back into the fold and keeping him around sulking and acting like a primadonna just sends a confusing message IMO. He had his chance and blew it, no sense in wasting any more time.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our season is basically over, so it doesn't really matter if we release him this year. I think we suspend him the rest of the season if he doesn't majorly improve and if he does improve, still make him earn it. Make him show why he should get the catches and repsect. But, if cannot learn that he isn't the 2nd coming of Barry and that he is always the #2 when Calvin is here, then get rid of him. He is very talented, and fits the offense's style, but the crap needs to stop. He needs to stop being a boy and needs to start being a man. And if the FO has already decided they will cut him, put him on trash duty for a few weeks to make the place look nice, maybe make him cleans the other players cars, maybe make him stand on the street with an embarrising sign.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Both Calvin and Raiola made comments to the effect of "we can only worry about the players who are here", not "he needs to be off this team". They are done dealing with his antics. They should be. The coaches have responded. Good. They needed to. He's still there.

If the team wanted him released, don't you think he would have been by now?

Team Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Both Calvin and Raiola made comments to the effect of "we can only worry about the players who are here", not "he needs to be off this team". They are done dealing with his antics. They should be. The coaches have responded. Good. They needed to. He's still there.

Nothing about "we're done with him" sounds anything like "we can only worry about the players who are here"

He will be gone in the offseason in trade or release. No, I don't think he would necessarily be released by now if they think they might be able to get a useful player/pick out of him once trading opens up again.
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

Nothing about "we're done with him" sounds anything like "we can only worry about the players who are here"

He will be gone in the offseason in trade or release. No, I don't think he would necessarily be released by now if they think they might be able to get a useful player/pick out of him once trading opens up again.

He's too useless, even with his low salary, to keep around, and he can't be trusted, yet we think we'll get anything of value from him?

This is what Raiola said:
"It's not a distraction because we have moved on from him," Raiola said. "If he wants to be an a------, let him be an a------. It's not my problem. What we can control is the guys who want to be here. I want people who want to be here and I think everybody else wants the same thing."

That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like he just doesn't like to put up with the ego. If the ego wasn't so bad, then I would assume he'd be more tolerant.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Not many good comments on Titus today...

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/274585815189975040

Quote:
Titus talked for less than 2 minutes. Was asked 9 questions, answered 8 of them before he was cut off.

All 8 of his answers were 1 sentence.

Here's the transcript from his talk with the media:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/11/lions_wr_titus_young_sr_avoids.html

and this from Dominic Raiola:

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/274584360064270336

Quote:
RT @cmccosky: Raiola on Titus Young: "We've moved on from him. He wants to be an bleep, let him be an bleep. It's not my problem."

Ugly transcript yet neither side has said he did it. Not sure why they don't just come clean.

Dumb kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Yeah, sounds like he just doesn't like to put up with the ego. If the ego wasn't so bad, then I would assume he'd be more tolerant.

Exactly.

If Young realized and acknowledged his mistakes, vowed to change, showed it through his actions, and worked hard to be part of the team again, I'm nearly certain that both Calvin and Raiola would welcome him back.

Team Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I don't recall anyone saying, "they're done with him," or, " we've moved on from him.

Raiola's entire quote is in reference to him being a distraction and how they have moved on from him not allowing him to be a distraction. He doesn't mean they've moved on permanently and there is no room for him on the team.

Raiola doesn't hold back and has also stated every player needs to look in the mirror.

CJ was actually quoted as saying they won't hold it against Young when he does return because he is part of the family.

Personally I like the way Schwartz is handling the situation and it has given Broyles increased opportunity which I appreciate. I don't think young will ever get the number of catches and yards Broyles is capable of.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: