Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young "potentially" out for the season!?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tytalton


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 844
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care titus - have fun being broke and miserable!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25447
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How unfortunate but with the patience the coaching staff has displayed with the players I can't imagine what this guy has done (beyond what's published) to generate this response.

I hope, for his sake, he learns from his mistakes.

By not playing him he will still get paid but it will certainly hurt his value when he reaches the open market. It's to bad because I think he has a bunch of guaranteed money.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
How unfortunate but with the patience the coaching staff has displayed with the players I can't imagine what this guy has done (beyond what's published) to generate this response.

I hope, for his sake, he learns from his mistakes.

By not playing him he will still get paid but it will certainly hurt his value when he reaches the open market. It's to bad because I think he has a bunch of guaranteed money.
We owe him a little more than $1M in each of the next two seasons.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25447
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
How unfortunate but with the patience the coaching staff has displayed with the players I can't imagine what this guy has done (beyond what's published) to generate this response.

I hope, for his sake, he learns from his mistakes.

By not playing him he will still get paid but it will certainly hurt his value when he reaches the open market. It's to bad because I think he has a bunch of guaranteed money.
We owe him a little more than $1M in each of the next two seasons.


That's really unfortunate. I guess being a jerk does pay.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35229
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.






He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.
N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.


I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).


Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

You were saying....
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49470
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.






He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.
N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.


I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).


Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

You were saying....


Saying I wouldnt mind if he got a second chance....still saying it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FootballPhreak


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 35229
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.






He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.
N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.


I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).


Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

You were saying....


Saying I wouldnt mind if he got a second chance....still saying it.

And I was saying once your team gives up on you, you are done. As you were telling me I was full of it, it was happening.
_________________
Draft_FanAddict wrote:
If that doesn't concern you, I don't know what would...a missing head?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49470
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.






He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.
N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.


I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).


Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

You were saying....


Saying I wouldnt mind if he got a second chance....still saying it.

And I was saying once your team gives up on you, you are done. As you were telling me I was full of it, it was happening.


No I said

Quote:
I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done


Time apart and new seasons do wonders?

Is it 2013 yet?

Nope.

Wrong again you are
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
FootballPhreak wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
That doesn't sound like he wants him off the team... just that he doesn't want to deal with him.

I disagree 100%

It sounds like Young is no longer part of the team and the players are more than done with him. All that is left is for the FO to make it official in the off season.
*Fourth* chance.

Wasn't he benched shortly for pushing a Falcon last season for no good reason??? What an awful selection this has proven to be.





He would not be practicing if they plan to just cut him. No point in wasting practice time on him to cut him. Fact he is practicing means staff has hope or trade value hope.

If you go back a couple posts, this was my stance.
N
Fact is for anyone that has participated in team sports, once your team gives up on you, you are done and there is no coming back.


I've coach teams with same attitude. Time apart does wonders. New seasons do wonders. Not saying he will be back or I want him back but not one who thinks he is done
Yeah, I had a guy on my team who stole another kids laptop then sold it. Got in trouble, SOMEHOW didn't go to jail, came back, and was our best DL and was 2nd in sacks (behind the kid he stole the laptop from). The laptop was a school assigned one, he was too old to have one (the laptop system is stupid). But the point was he came back and most of the guys welcomed him back (I always hated the guy, but didn't say anything about him to avoid a problem).


Exactly. I am not saying I am endorsing Young but I honestly would not have an issue if he came back and seemed to be a team player.

Second chances exist for a reason and this is not a reason enough for no second chance.

You were saying....


Saying I wouldnt mind if he got a second chance....still saying it.

_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8096
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 24242
Location: Ron Paul 2012 #JDI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.
Yeah, it would be interesting to hear. It seems like there could be more than whats come out.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Eric Ebron



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.


Titus Young = Immature Mefirst A Hole

That is all
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49470
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.


Titus Young = Immature Mefirst A Hole

That is all



Based on? U on team? Know him?

If not this is just assumption given how LITTLE is really known
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
38andy38 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.


Titus Young = Immature Mefirst A Hole

That is all



Based on? U on team? Know him?

If not this is just assumption given how LITTLE is really known


Based on a pattern of behaviour dating back to his college years. If you haven't watched the interview from last week I suggest you give it a look, all the adjectives I use are applicable.

If the shoe fits.....
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49470
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
38andy38 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
I doubt we will ever hear it, but I am curious about what exactly the full story is.


Titus Young = Immature Mefirst A Hole

That is all



Based on? U on team? Know him?

If not this is just assumption given how LITTLE is really known


Based on a pattern of behaviour dating back to his college years. If you haven't watched the interview from last week I suggest you give it a look, all the adjectives I use are applicable.

If the shoe fits.....



Young kids and their simplistic views. Lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group