Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titus Young "potentially" out for the season!?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
38andy38

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Titus Young "potentially" out for the season!? Reply with quote

Titus Young “potentially” sitting out rest of season

Posted by Josh Alper on November 27, 2012, 7:55 PM EST

AP
It’s been more than a week since the Lions told wide receiver Titus Young that he needn’t bother coming to work and it doesn’t sound like they’ll be asking him back any time soon.

When Schwartz first sent Young, who wasn’t at practice Tuesday, home, he said it was because Young put himself above the team. He was asked whether Young would miss the rest of the season as a result.

“Potentially,” Schwartz said, via Anwar Richardson of MLive.com. “This is a decision who the best 46 were on Sunday. That will continue to be evaluated. There’s been times he’s been very productive in our offense. He’s been an asset for our offense, an asset for our team. That’s where he needs to get back to.”

Schwartz said that both the team and Young “needed a little time away,” before saying that his chances of playing again would be based on what he does when he’s with the team rather than what he does while he’s away. None of it left anyone with any idea of what the future holds for Young in Detroit, but the first game without him offered no evidence that they’d be calling him back because of need.

Matthew Stafford threw for 441 yards and Ryan Broyles, whose role expanded greatly with Young gone, had six catches for 126 yards. Young’s put up 383 yards in 10 games this season, so the offense clearly gets along just fine without him.

2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
detroitroar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure exactly what he did, but I trust Schwartz on this. Id have no problem moving on without him, despite his potential. I want no part of any diva receivers, which is what Young is coming across as. It would be best if he got his act together though.

stylish313

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fickle? I guess we'll see if the Lions are as fickle as the fans.

Addition by subtraction quite possibly. Mike Thomas has a chance of being more productive, and his(Titus) dismissal sped up Broyles learning curve.

I think our current WR core has more than enough potential to become one of the best in the league, without Titus.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Obviously not since they are taking this as an on-going evaluation, compared to just wanting to dump him like some fickle fans are suggesting. Wink
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, let him learn. If he wants to cry about getting more catches, he can go play catch with his kids.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness the team had the backbone to draft Broyles.

Team Stylish
carlande

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy claimed his talent was that of a Barry Sanders, so maybe he needs to bring it down a few notches.

He's clearly got the ego of Randy Moss I'll give him that much. Now all he needs to do is blame the whole team for not getting him the ball and throw a tantrum at traffic attendant or a cater waiter and we'll be set.
carlande

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
Thank goodness the team had the backbone to draft Broyles.

Possible the Lions suspected something like this might happen? possibly.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
The guy claimed his talent was that of a Barry Sanders, so maybe he needs to bring it down a few notches.
Is this serious? If so, lil man just needs to shut the f up. They need to test him for drugs if he seriously believes that.

CWood21 wrote:
This anti-Teddy crap is getting out of hand.

R.I.P. Stylish
carlande

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:
Is this serious? If so, lil man just needs to shut the f up. They need to test him for drugs if he seriously believes that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/titus-young-believes-successor-barry-sanders-detroit-235753971--nfl.html

He believes it's his destiny or something.
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, Id let him stew personally, give him the wake up call that football isnt a given and you have to ''want'' and ''work'' for it, let him watch Broyles do what he should be doing....running routes and catching the ball consistently.

May get him thinking...

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
Jrugges

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I'd just cut him. Sends a pretty clear msg to any new draftee, and current ones. Talent is talent but if you don't wanna work hard and be a hinderance to your team making in game changes then you prolly don't deserve to play on this team.

Just my thoughts, they won't cut him. Hardly enough back bone... They're too worried he'd actually turn out into a good player when in my book, at this point, it doesn't matter anymore. The massage at this point is more important.
qball8001

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlande wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
carlande wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/titus-young-believes-successor-barry-sanders-detroit-235753971--nfl.html

He believes it's his destiny or something.

Titus, that would be CJ... aka Megatron...aka a Humble workaholic, aka comes in and gets the job done, aka catches the ball.

So, are we still upset over us going after Mike Thomas... where the Haters at?
DrRay11

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
Hmm... I'd just cut him. Sends a pretty clear msg to any new draftee, and current ones. Talent is talent but if you don't wanna work hard and be a hinderance to your team making in game changes then you prolly don't deserve to play on this team.

Just my thoughts, they won't cut him. Hardly enough back bone... They're too worried he'd actually turn out into a good player when in my book, at this point, it doesn't matter anymore. The massage at this point is more important.

They'd be remiss not to at least explore a trade. If they can't get anything then I probably agree.
tytalton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we could get a 4th rounder for him...he is young and has talent but has absolutely no idea what to do with it. Someone would take the chance I'm sure....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: