Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/12/alfred-morris-still-sleeps-on-the-couch-at-home/

Reading some of the perspective in here he's almost too good to be true, a talented back that you can really get behind off the field too. Really happy to have him on the team.

Quote:
Yahoo! also asked Morris about putting on his uniform for the first time.
“Just putting on the burgundy and gold, it’s like, maaan,” he said. “Not only am I in the NFL, but I get to play for my favorite team. I don’t think too many people can say that. And for such a storied franchise, and a team that has probably to me the best fans in the nation. They’re so loyal. I know it sounds kind of cheesy, but it’s definitely the truth.”
Eh, I don’t know. I still say he might be fictional.

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot wait to get Roy Helu on the field with the 2012 rookies. Put Helu's speed with RG3's running ability and Morris' downhill running, and to me that is as dynamic as you could want.

I hope Morris plays angry next game. After he fumbled versus the Giants, he ran over that defense. Can't help but love the way The Butler plays.

Blknite01's masterpiece
ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2012/12/12/alfred-morris-still-sleeps-on-the-couch-at-home/

Reading some of the perspective in here he's almost too good to be true, a talented back that you can really get behind off the field too. Really happy to have him on the team.

Quote:
“Just putting on the burgundy and gold, it’s like, maaan,” he said. “Not only am I in the NFL, but I get to play for my favorite team. I don’t think too many people can say that. And for such a storied franchise, and a team that has probably to me the best fans in the nation. They’re so loyal. I know it sounds kind of cheesy, but it’s definitely the truth.”

The dude really is a awsome person! I was at a navy game and I saw him and said Alfred? I had my RG3 Baylor jersey he came up 4 rows because he was watching and sat with us for a while and man he was one of the coolest people I've ever met regardless of anything! Just humble and took pics and joked. Class act we struck gold on charecter this draft

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Jeezy. He seems awesome, which is why I posted that article of him wearing that shirt the other day.

I also agree with Footy29. We've missed Helu this year and a receiver out of the backfield and a speed back who can be a change of pace to Morris.

I too can't wait to get him back next year and have that combo together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Quote:

The dude really is a awsome person! I was at a navy game and I saw him and said Alfred? I had my RG3 Baylor jersey he came up 4 rows because he was watching and sat with us for a while and man he was one of the coolest people I've ever met regardless of anything! Just humble and took pics and joked. Class act we struck gold on charecter this draft

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Quote:

Awesome!

The only athletes I've hung with are Milan Michalek and Nick Foligno, and I'm not crazy about hockey like I am about football.

Blknite01's masterpiece
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Quote:

That is awesome man! So cool you just chilled with him for a while! He seems like he really has his head together, hard-working and genuine.
Which is why I believe it when he says he he is playing for his favorite team. But I thought I read that somewhere before too?..

Not only is he a POWERFUL back like we haven't had for ages but when you add the kind of person that he is then it is an honor to see him playing for US representing our team
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Alfred Morris: The Nicest Guy in the NFL Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
That is awesome man! So cool you just chilled with him for a while! He seems like he really has his head together, hard-working and genuine.

Which is why I believe it when he says he he is playing for his favorite team. But I thought I read that somewhere before too?..

Not only is he a POWERFUL back like we haven't had for ages but when you add the kind of person that he is then it is an honor to see him playing for US representing our team
not since Stephen Davis have we had Rb like Morris.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
a2piece89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morris is a back that really makes the most of his situation. Mike just needs to get him a solid backup so that he can last with Griffin because royster aint cutting it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a2piece89 wrote:
Morris is a back that really makes the most of his situation. Mike just needs to get him a solid backup so that he can last with Griffin because royster aint cutting it.
Royster is fine, he just doesn't get the carries. Helu is fine also, he just is injured.

When Royster got Morris type carries last year he put up similar yards.

Royster also hasn't fumbled in two years or 73 carries.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was Alfred's birthday.
Mine is today.
It's the Sag way.

Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
Yesterday was Alfred's birthday.
Mine is today.
It's the Sag way.

Cool
happy bday S. Taylor Applause
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Redskins rookies sure are a modest bunch. See Alfred Morris’ T-shirt in the postgame locker room:

pic.twitter.com/HKDoYEyK

If not. Click on this link:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9tF6eACIAAa7gK.jpg

4:49pm - 9 Dec 12

Hopefully the link works. It reads.

Quote:
Warning. You can go blind from pure awesomeness!

Awesome shirt Alfred. Awesome!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
I cannot wait to get Roy Helu on the field with the 2012 rookies. Put Helu's speed with RG3's running ability and Morris' downhill running, and to me that is as dynamic as you could want.

I hope Morris plays angry next game. After he fumbled versus the Giants, he ran over that defense. Can't help but love the way The Butler plays.
the butler! Lol! Love it!
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive read alot of stuff on Morris being a down to earth quality guy.

Dont know if posted here. But after the Dallas game he got home and the next day his 91 Mazda or whatever it is wouldnt start. So he was running around his apartment complex asking people to take him to Redskins Park.

He said he might get other cars in the future. But he loves his old car and could never get rid of it.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: