Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

D-Hall speculation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griff3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: D-Hall speculation? Reply with quote

I really think Hall should be given a shot at free safety depending on how the season goes on. He has the necessary ball hawking skills, and considering that he gets burnt as a cornerback it would ease him from that pressure. Also I think a corner like Wilson could benefit from having solid free safety coverage over the top. Also Hall has become pretty good at tackling, so I think he can chip in at run support every now and then.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Worried he'd gamble way too much, he's also not a big hitter nor sound tackler. I'd be worried about him being the last line of defense. I'm not a fan of the move
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Griff3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I'm Worried he'd gamble way too much, he's also not a big hitter nor sound tackler. I'd be worried about him being the last line of defense. I'm not a fan of the move

Isn't that what is required to play the position. I mean with some practice he gets better at reading coverages, but we can't do worse than Madieu Williams. Also D Hall is a much better playmaker than our entire secondary. I rather have him take chances in the free safety position where he is directly not responsible for anyone instead of the corner spot.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Halls one of the best tacklers on our team.

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Griff3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Halls one of the best tacklers on our team.

I'm actually impressed with his ability to wrap up this season, instead of [inappropriate/removed] shoulder tackles that was started by Laron Landry and spread like a disease to the rest of the secondary.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehhh. If we let up 50+ points, sure. Why not?
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 26 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 7 catches, 35 yards... and a fumble
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real problem with moving Hall to safety is the fact that we don't really have someone to replace him with. Unless you want Cedric Griffin on the field for almost all of the snaps?
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
The real problem with moving Hall to safety is the fact that we don't really have someone to replace him with. Unless you want Cedric Griffin on the field for almost all of the snaps?

Why not Richard Crawford? Or that new guy Murphy?
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 26 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 7 catches, 35 yards... and a fumble
big44dog

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few reasons why it won't work

1) it won't get the pass rush to the QB any faster, which is probably the biggest reason the secondary has been this bad

2) I'm sure somewhere in his mind D Hall thinks he's the best corner in the NFL, meaning I doubt he'd be up for it.

3) like it was said earlier wed be stuck with Cedric Griffin on every down
footy_29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He already plays some, and now with C.Griffin back he is playing more in the nickel. Keep him in the Charles Woodson position as he can read the QB, contribute to run defense and blitz. He's found his spot, unfortunately they've had issues with the guys on the outside - for Cedric, it's been injury.
mike23md

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that thinks that Crawford or Murphy should be starting in place of Hall while Hall plays FS should really understand that there is a reason why neither of these guys are starting to begin with. Hall at FS next year could be entertained, but a top tier CB needs to be acquired at some point that will play true man to man coverage and not gamble as much.

Hall has lead the CB's in tackles the last two years and that has been to his credit. Tackling is not his problem.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Griff3 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Isn't that what is required to play the position. I mean with some practice he gets better at reading coverages, but we can't do worse than Madieu Williams. Also D Hall is a much better playmaker than our entire secondary. I rather have him take chances in the free safety position where he is directly not responsible for anyone instead of the corner spot.
we can do cheaper than 8 million though. I don't think he's as good as a fit there as a player who's played FS through high school and college like someone we'd draft in round 2 or like a free agent we could sign and probably pay less than the 8 million that is due to Hall next year, like Jarius Byrd.

Hall has one good game all year and all of a sudden people are back on his bandwagon like he's some kind of pro bowler or something. I just don't get it. Confused

He costs way to much for what he gives us in terms of play, leadership and especially effort.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Anyone that thinks that Crawford or Murphy should be starting in place of Hall while Hall plays FS should really understand that there is a reason why neither of these guys are starting to begin with. Hall at FS next year could be entertained, but a top tier CB needs to be acquired at some point that will play true man to man coverage and not gamble as much.

Hall has lead the CB's in tackles the last two years and that has been to his credit. Tackling is not his problem.
he leads in tackles because teams throw on him so much, he's lousy in coverage. When a team completes a pass, then Hall makes a trailing tackle.

He doesn't do to much tackling where he's filling holes or hitting wrs when they are coming across the middle. Those are the hits you'd expect a safety to make and I don't think Hall would do it.
lavar703

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Woz wrote:

Why not Richard Crawford? Or that new guy Murphy?

It's never a good idea when you have to say "or that new guy Murphy" lmao
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he plays like he did in Philly and Dallas trough the whole year he will stay at CB and not be released. Sadly hes an inconsistent player who needs 3 games to really keep his job because of how amazing he does in those 3 games .

-_______________________- give it a shot sure why not .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: