Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your #1 choice in FA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want the most in FA?
Greg Jennings
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Dwayne Bowe
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Mike Wallace
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Henry Melton
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Terrance Knighton
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Randy Starks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Glen Dorsey
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Andy Levitre
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Daryl Smith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rey Maualuga
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other (Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

That last line is what KC fans said about Jared Allen also.....

No FA is w/o warts, and doubts. Jennings is older and hurt. Some bizarrely think Wallace is a one trick pony. Bowe is "a headcase".

At least these guys have played in the NFL and been good to great. Would you really rather have a WR rookie be Ponder's top target?

Living in the KC area, and having watched his entire career here, I strongly disagree with your first statement (as I believe I've stated before). In fact, I have no idea where that comparison has came from. Jared Allen and Dwayne Bowe's tenures in KC couldn't be further apart. I don't know which Chiefs' fans you've talked to, but most of them I know were extremely upset with Carl and his dealings with Jared Allen, Tony Gonzalez, and the other guys' whose contracts were coming up at the time. They never said "No thanks to Jared Allen."

The Chiefs' defense hasn't been the same since he left. They were arguably a top-15 defense when he was there, and outside of a good season last year, they have been a bottom 10 defense since.

Jared certainly had issues off the field, with his recklessness, but on the field, there was never a question. Bowe has issues both on and off the field. He has the mentality and attitude of Randy Moss without the same talent.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read those comments here at the time of the trade....but I just should have left that off, as that was not really my point.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way....whoever said Bowe was inconsistent....if it wasnt for him getting suspended in 09 he would have had 4 straight 1000 yard seasons and in 07 he was 5 yards shy of one. That with no one throwing to him. That doesnt really seem inconsistent to me

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
By the way....whoever said Bowe was inconsistent....if it wasnt for him getting suspended in 09 he would have had 4 straight 1000 yard seasons and in 07 he was 5 yards shy of one. That with no one throwing to him. That doesnt really seem inconsistent to me

He's inconsistent play to play, which is what is being referenced. He drops more passes than just about anyone in the league...and it's not solely about number of targets.

Over the 3 previous years (I actually think it's down this year for him), he had the 4th most dropped passes in the NFL (and the 9th highest average of drops).

And as a reference, in percentage of drops, the Vikings' Michael Jenkins is the 12th best (most reliable) WR as far as percentage of drops. In the 3 previous years, he only recorded 8 drops out of 136 catchable balls.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally voted in the poll...after careful analysis (no, really it wasn't that careful), I selected the other available KC Chief...Glenn Dorsey. He's a 4-3 DT, not the 3-4 DE he has been playing and I think would thrive in the Vikings' system.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
I finally voted in the poll...after careful analysis (no, really it wasn't that careful), I selected the other available KC Chief...Glenn Dorsey. He's a 4-3 DT, not the 3-4 DE he has been playing and I think would thrive in the Vikings' system.

Assuming Kevin Williams is resigned, where would Dorsey play. He isnt exactly a young player we can groom behind Williams.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Walrus wrote:
any cheap WR's going to be available?

From what I've heard, Bowe is a real tightwad. I'm not sure how that helps him on the field though. Wink

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santonio Holmes could be a cheap option, if he is released. Though he does seem to have issues, but he is a good player when he has his head on straight. Could be a decent stop gap.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Moore may be my top free agent target after tonight...
BBIB

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

LOL not a chance
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

LOL not a chance

Meaning?
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
BBIB wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

LOL not a chance

Meaning?

I think that BBIB is implying that Michael Vick is going to be our top free agent target, and that we're going to give him at least 100 million a year.
this providence

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

↓↓↓↓

this providence wrote:
I think Mike Wallace would be absolute best case. If he were to make it to market the Vikings would have to make a big play, I just don't think they'll be able to out-bid/provide the best scenario for Wallace to make him ultimately choose the Vikings. He's THE target in free agency if he makes it and while that may be great for the Vikings, they'll have stiff competition.

Outside of Wallace, William Moore from the Falcons should be the primary target in my opinion. Safety would now be set for 5+ years with players who can fit into the system and make receivers pay for coming over the middle. Ideal combination in this defense in my view.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

↓↓↓↓

this providence wrote:
I think Mike Wallace would be absolute best case. If he were to make it to market the Vikings would have to make a big play, I just don't think they'll be able to out-bid/provide the best scenario for Wallace to make him ultimately choose the Vikings. He's THE target in free agency if he makes it and while that may be great for the Vikings, they'll have stiff competition.

Outside of Wallace, William Moore from the Falcons should be the primary target in my opinion. Safety would now be set for 5+ years with players who can fit into the system and make receivers pay for coming over the middle. Ideal combination in this defense in my view.

Wink

I've always thought he would be a good fit, but I wanted to try and bring in a free agent receiver as our top guy. After that game I'm all for pushing in on Moore and pairing him with Smith. It would vastly improve our secondary.

Will the Falcons let him go? Do they have the money to keep him as they have three highly paid corners and Thomas Decoud.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: