Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your #1 choice in FA?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want the most in FA?
Greg Jennings
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Dwayne Bowe
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Mike Wallace
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Henry Melton
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
Terrance Knighton
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Randy Starks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Glen Dorsey
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Andy Levitre
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Daryl Smith
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rey Maualuga
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other (Specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

this providence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mike Wallace would be absolute best case. If he were to make it to market the Vikings would have to make a big play, I just don't think they'll be able to out-bid/provide the best scenario for Wallace to make him ultimately choose the Vikings. He's THE target in free agency if he makes it and while that may be great for the Vikings, they'll have stiff competition.

Outside of Wallace, William Moore from the Falcons should be the primary target in my opinion. Safety would now be set for 5+ years with players who can fit into the system and make receivers pay for coming over the middle. Ideal combination in this defense in my view.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with Dwayne Bowe.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Zephiel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wallace is available we have to jump on him, he is exactly what this offense needs.

Frankly I'm concerned with Jennings' age/injuries and I personally think Bowe is overrated.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
If Wallace is available we have to jump on him, he is exactly what this offense needs.

Frankly I'm concerned with Jennings' age/injuries and I personally think Bowe is overrated.

While my preference would also be for Wallace, Jennings might be available due to the concerns you mention. Either would be an immense upgrade over what we currently have. We should probably target both FA's and the draft to bolster our WR corps, seeing it is in such dire needs of talent outside of Harvin.

P.S. Anyone think it would be a worthy experiment to line up AP out wide? Who could cover him; and if they could, would he just then run over them on his way to the endzone? Perhaps I am just dreaming here...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think out of all the positions this team could address, a veteran WR will probably do more for this team than any other position.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
How can you call Bowe inconsistent?

Bowe 25 pounds overweight
Dwayne Bowe suspended for violating steroids policy
Three Years of Drop Rate: Wide Receivers (Bowe is 9th worst in the NFL)
Dwayne Bowe: Unreliable And Mediocre

Ultimately, you are going to pay top 5-10 money to a guy who is your #2 WR. In my opinion, that isn't the right move in a league with a salary cap.

I'm also in the "Avoid Bowe" camp. Well done providing supportive links, Arknad.

He's also the king of garbage time. Most of his stats this year come in the 4th quarter when the Chiefs need to pass to get back in the game. No thanks to Bowe for me as well.

That last line is what KC fans said about Jared Allen also.....

No FA is w/o warts, and doubts. Jennings is older and hurt. Some bizarrely think Wallace is a one trick pony. Bowe is "a headcase".

At least these guys have played in the NFL and been good to great. Would you really rather have a WR rookie be Ponder's top target?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dont see how Wallace doesnt get the franchise tag. He is young and has an incredible amount of trade value. Bowe and Jennings really dont have nearly as much.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
I just dont see how Wallace doesnt get the franchise tag. He is young and has an incredible amount of trade value. Bowe and Jennings really dont have nearly as much.

I agree, but that's not really the point. If Wallace is available, people are saying he's not that good, or is a one trick pony....but they'd be happy drafting some college guy in a weak WR class in the first round, and trusting him to be the lead WR. I don't get it.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I agree, but that's not really the point. If Wallace is available, people are saying he's not that good, or is a one trick pony....but they'd be happy drafting some college guy in a weak WR class in the first round, and trusting him to be the lead WR. I don't get it.

I get your point. Wallace isnt a one trick pony. He is a very complete receiver who is very explosive. He would be a good fit as a #1 WR here. I dont doubt that, the Steelers would be foolish to let him walk without compensation. Both Jennings and Bowe arent likely to get the tag, I think both teams likely have no intention of keeping that salary and trying to to work out a trade for near 30 year old WRs.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I think the Steelers will keep Wallace. I think the other two will be available. Of those two, I'd prefer Bowe for health reasons, but I'd be happy with any of the three.
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any cheap WR's going to be available?
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

Steelers won't have the money to franchise him.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Wallace is very frustrating at times.

and honestly, I don't think he's Pittsburgh's most complete WR. That goes to Antonio Brown.

But he's not a bad Wideout. He's just as fast as Berrian/Williamson, but more consistent.

I just hope he isn't a guy who will get paid and then just quit. Thats my biggest concern with him actually.

down but not out. I still believe!
Kellerman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings and Melton are on top of my list. Jennings because I think he's a complete wide-reciever, a solid veteran, and a guy who can make plays for this team while adding something in the locker room. Melton because he's a good DT, obviously.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastern Walrus wrote:
any cheap WR's going to be available?

Cheap gets you Jerome Simpson.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: