Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Charlie Batch Experience and DVOA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: The Charlie Batch Experience and DVOA Reply with quote

http://footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2012/week-12-dvoa-ratings

so bad it actually plunged us into the negative for the season despite the Def DVOA improving by ~ 1%
Mad
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair, the RB fumbles didn't help either
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a handful of better QBs to start the season that had probably just as bad. Charlie had a bad game who doesn't?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: The Charlie Batch Experience and DVOA Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:

so bad it actually plunged us into the negative for the season despite the Def DVOA improving by ~ 1%
Mad

Yea, we know, fire Tomlin, get rid of everybody but Ben, force the Rooneys out, and move the team to LA, we know where you stand..........
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: The Charlie Batch Experience and DVOA Reply with quote

SteelersFan2333 wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:

Mad

Yea, we know, fire Tomlin, get rid of everybody but Ben, force the Rooneys out, and move the team to LA, we know where you stand..........

you just batted .250 amazing post.
Rolling Eyes
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you negativity gets old and we all know Chuck had a bad game. I mean it isn't rocket science to figure out 3 Ints with no TDs will do that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I mean you negativity gets old and we all know Chuck had a bad game. I mean it isn't rocket science to figure out 3 Ints with no TDs will do that.

I think we should give him another game, before making a final decision. It might not be that comparable, but everyone said Ike the first few games lost a step and it was due to his age. Well, I have news for you: He's playing some of the best football of his career and he's OLDER now than he was at the beginning of the season!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

I think we should give him another game, before making a final decision. It might not be that comparable, but everyone said Ike the first few games lost a step and it was due to his age. Well, I have news for you: He's playing some of the best football of his career and he's OLDER now than he was at the beginning of the season!

That's my point is that Batch had a bad game, but who doesn't. I believe this week the gameplan will be adjusted to do some things he does well. Plus he'll have a game under his belt, so it should make his timing better. Chuck has zero arm strength, so throwing balls over 30 yds should come out early. Since he seems to lob the ball up there so that WR can underneath it. But with A. Brown back it should give him something he didn't have last week another route running WR.

What the season has shown me and I hope it shows M. Wallace. If he leaves and goes to another team. He could have seasons like he's having now, because of the QB play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:

That's my point is that Batch had a bad game, but who doesn't. I believe this week the gameplan will be adjusted to do some things he does well. Plus he'll have a game under his belt, so it should make his timing better. Chuck has zero arm strength, so throwing balls over 30 yds should come out early. Since he seems to lob the ball up there so that WR can underneath it. But with A. Brown back it should give him something he didn't have last week another route running WR.

What the season has shown me and I hope it shows M. Wallace. If he leaves and goes to another team. He could have seasons like he's having now, because of the QB play.

I think Antonio Brown is a huge factor in determining our success Sunday. I agree with your statement, Id be fine with Sanders and Brown as our top 2 WR's.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO you cannot put Ben in this game. I don't care what Ben says or what the DRs say...Beechum at RT and playing in Balt. The Ravens will be out for blood. If they put him in this game they might as well put a tag on his toe. Another one for Chuck!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
IMO you cannot put Ben in this game. I don't care what Ben says or what the DRs say...Beechum at RT and playing in Balt. The Ravens will be out for blood. If they put him in this game they might as well put a tag on his toe. Another one for Chuck!

Agreed completely.

IMO, Ben rushes back from injuries too often, and the results usually arent any better than if we started a backup.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Agreed completely.

IMO, Ben rushes back from injuries too often, and the results usually arent any better than if we started a backup.

I can see Ben pulling a Steve McNair when he put together a game winning drive to beat the Steelers in a game. Can't remember the year though. But I can see Ben coming in at the end of the game if it comes down to the final drive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:

I 1000% agree. If the injury was as serious as they said, and it really could have been life threatening and could have damaged the aorta, I would be happier writing off the rest of the season rather than cope with him suffering a career ending injury. If there is any risk to the injury area, forget it. There are more important things in life than making the playoffs or not. We all know how tough he is already.
xjayex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

Agreed completely.

I can see Ben pulling a Steve McNair when he put together a game winning drive to beat the Steelers in a game. Can't remember the year though. But I can see Ben coming in at the end of the game if it comes down to the final drive.

I dont. They wouldn't pull Lefty when he could barely throw the ball 20 yards.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelersFan2333 wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

I 1000% agree. If the injury was as serious as they said, and it really could have been life threatening and could have damaged the aorta, I would be happier writing off the rest of the season rather than cope with him suffering a career ending injury. If there is any risk to the injury area, forget it. There are more important things in life than making the playoffs or not. We all know how tough he is already.

I will 4th this position.

3 weeks post injury, based on the limited info we have, there is no way the ligaments stabilizing that rib have healed to the point he can safely return to play. Baltimore or no.

The docs know more than we do and I have to assume if they clear him to play that the initial injury reports were worse than the reality of the injury. That said, I hope their liability policies are paid up if they do clear him.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: