Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*********YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE MOCK OUT!!!!*********$$$$$

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleedblackngold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: *********YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE MOCK OUT!!!!*********$$$$$ Reply with quote

Draft A.
RD1. Manti Te’o ILB-Notre Dame. At 6’, 2” and 255 pounds Te’o is the quintessential Steelers ILB he players physical and with a nasty demeanor and off the field he is a community oriented and a good person. I just read the ESPN article on Te’o that was in SI a week or 2 ago and the article talked about how Manti is a standup guy in his community and how he sticks his neck out to be a good person. ILB/OLB Notre Dame. We bring in a guy who can start from day one and if Harrison retires or is cut after this year we can move Timmons outside. Te’o is versatile and can play outside on some downs and some situations. Pittsburgh again gets a great pick.
RD 2. Chase Thomas OLB-Stanford University
RD3. Shawn Williams SS/FS- Georgia
RD4. Brian Winters OT-Kent St. University
RD5. Theo Reddick RB-Notre Dame University
RD6. *Sleeper pick* Travis Johnson OLB- san jose state. Look him up, Google him, one heck of a football player. We need defense and he will provide as at least a great rotational guy. One heck of a hitter on the field and pretty fast with a 4.85 40 time.
RD7. T.J. Barnes DT-Georgia Tech

Draft B.
RD1. John Jenkins DT-Georgia
RD2. John Simon DE/OLB-The OHIO State
RD3. Robert Lester SAFTEY-BAMA
RD4. Shayne Skov ILB-Stanford University
RD5. John Sullen OG-Auburn University
RD6. Cameron Marshall RB-UNIVERSITY OF AIRIZONA
RD7. Jheranie Boyd WR-University of North Carolina
Feedback is appreciated positive or negative pleas, pleas, pleas!!!! Let me know which draft is more likely to happen, which draft you like better, and discuss weather these players do or don’t fit the Steelers organization, style, etc……Thanks for the feedback
Very Happy
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: *********YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE MOCK OUT!!!!*********$ Reply with quote

bleedblackngold wrote:
Draft A.
RD1. Manti Te’o ILB-Notre Dame. At 6’, 2” and 255 pounds Te’o is the quintessential Steelers ILB he players physical and with a nasty demeanor and off the field he is a community oriented and a good person. I just read the ESPN article on Te’o that was in SI a week or 2 ago and the article talked about how Manti is a standup guy in his community and how he sticks his neck out to be a good person. ILB/OLB Notre Dame. We bring in a guy who can start from day one and if Harrison retires or is cut after this year we can move Timmons outside. Te’o is versatile and can play outside on some downs and some situations. Pittsburgh again gets a great pick.
RD 2. Chase Thomas OLB-Stanford University
RD3. Shawn Williams SS/FS- Georgia
RD4. Brian Winters OT-Kent St. University
RD5. Theo Reddick RB-Notre Dame University
RD6. *Sleeper pick* Travis Johnson OLB- san jose state. Look him up, Google him, one heck of a football player. We need defense and he will provide as at least a great rotational guy. One heck of a hitter on the field and pretty fast with a 4.85 40 time.
RD7. T.J. Barnes DT-Georgia Tech

Draft B.
RD1. John Jenkins DT-Georgia
RD2. John Simon DE/OLB-The OHIO State
RD3. Robert Lester SAFTEY-BAMA
RD4. Shayne Skov ILB-Stanford University
RD5. John Sullen OG-Auburn University
RD6. Cameron Marshall RB-UNIVERSITY OF AIRIZONA
RD7. Jheranie Boyd WR-University of North Carolina
Feedback is appreciated positive or negative pleas, pleas, pleas!!!! Let me know which draft is more likely to happen, which draft you like better, and discuss weather these players do or don’t fit the Steelers organization, style, etc……Thanks for the feedback
Very Happy

unless we lose out by real play, or tank it....

either way 6-10 is just in the sweepstakes for Teo. Might have to trade up higher to get him. If so, those Rd 2 and Rd 3 picks probably aren't there
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We arent going to get Te'o.

He will likely go top 10, and I cant see us finishing with a record worse than 8-8, which woud put us at 13 or 14 at worst.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishful thinking, both 1st round prospects aren't likely to happen. Jonathan jenkins is a project like timmons, got tons of potential but at this point we need more of a sure-sure thing than a prospect to sit and develop.

Keep that in mind, d-line at first pick is very likely and I doubt we will draft an inside linebacker in first 2 rounds but an olb, yes I can see that.

I like draft b solely on positions and round of selections.

Seem like a hit and miss kind of mock drafts, not bad though.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo is a nice player, I think a bit overhyped but would make a good fit in a place like San Diego that could use an identifiable player to rally around besides Phillip Rivers. They also need an ILB.

There are other LB's that are a better fit for us. Chase Thomas for one could play inside or out as he excels in coverage and can rush from anywhere.

Kevin Minter if he comes out has a far nastier demeanor. Just a couple guys to consider.

...you have a forum resume?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Teo is a nice player, I think a bit overhyped but would make a good fit in a place like San Diego that could use an identifiable player to rally around besides Phillip Rivers. They also need an ILB.

There are other LB's that are a better fit for us. Chase Thomas for one could play inside or out as he excels in coverage and can rush from anywhere.

Kevin Minter if he comes out has a far nastier demeanor. Just a couple guys to consider.

huge T'eo fan, I think he will drop a bit unless he blows up the combine

that said, JPN hit on 2 of my fave's
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha... I'm still wondering if we are drafting other DE this year... I'm kind of bummed out by the idea Confused

Not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this you know?
KJtheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Teo, but not the "Timmons moves outside" idea.

I don't like draft B, just too many players named John, I guess Laughing

Go Noles!
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Foote playing well, maybe ILB can wait a year unless they trade Timmons. I don't like the idea of first round picks sitting the bench.

What position is the question. If 92 is released and not coming back, then OLB would make sense unless Worilds comes around. Lots of variable at this point and with the CB's playing well , CB can wait. Maybe OL again if they get rid of Gilbert and if DD can't recover or isn't good after the recovery.

SS could be an option as well since Troy is getting up there and injured often. That could be the best pick.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Bjoern Werner...until the Florida game I've never seen him quite "take over" or exploit his opponent at any point in a game. Not to the degree I expect from the hype he receives.
I see him more as a 4-3 rush end then I do an OLB. Just seems to fit that role better ...Thoughts..?

...you have a forum resume?
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

Bjoern Werner...until the Florida game I've never seen him quite "take over" or exploit his opponent at any point in a game. Not to the degree I expect from the hype he receives.
I see him more as a 4-3 rush end then I do an OLB. Just seems to fit that role better ...Thoughts..?

I totally agree about Werner. I see him as a hand down 4/3 DE.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a reason why we see no one using '*' and '$' for topics and lets keep it that way. Anyways, I like your picks but no way we get Te'o.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 guys I'm looking at are Trufant CB Wash and Thomas SS Fresno. I know that things change but as it stands now, where might they go in the draft? Trufant isn't getting a lot of attention but there is some potential there. Thomas looks like he could play both FS/SS.
*Also, who's the better NT? Jesse Williams Alabama or John Jenkins. Right now both are 1st Rdrs. It's more than possible one will be there (if not both). I question the Steelers desire to fill that position. Chapman was available in later rounds last year but they shyed away from him. Perhaps they are satisfied with McClendon/Ziggy. But if these guys are there, don't they pull the trigger? While Jenkins provides the shear mass I like Williams' strength and ability to shed blockers over Jenkins' attributes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: