Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

draft question

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: draft question Reply with quote

I am having an issue with what direction we should go draft wise. i think that this years draft is loaded on defense and not so much on the Offense side of the ball so I have shortened it down to two positions on defense. Should we go with a Corner or a Defensive Tackle. I am high on two players and dont know what direction would be best for us.

Xavier Rhodes CB Florida St. would give us great depth at the corner Harris could be our nickel and Rhodes can be a GREAT dime his first year and maybe in round two Kareem gets demoted to dime or nickle ... It just sounds good to think about with Joseph on one side and a 6'2 215 corner on the other side with Jackson and Harris in the wings. Should help alot against the pass.

Kawann Short DT Purdue would give a the perfect tackle to shut down the run up the middle and to collapse the pocket in the middle where the QB has no pocket to step up into... This would help out OLB get more sacks bec the QB could no longer step up as the rush is going around him. Bad news is JJ Watt's sack numbers would probably go down a little bit but if it helps us against runs up the middle and creates more pressure i dont see why we would say no...

To me both directions are good ideas to go with we could somehow get both then that would create a defense teams wouldn't know what to do against us we have everything except another monster ILB but Sharpton seems to be coming back to form so never really know. Personally id draft late a Michael Mauti so we can IR him now and use him next season since he is hurt.

Anyways what is everyone's thought??? am i thinking right or am i missing something ??? let me know other aspects if there are better options and tell me why. If you like these two guys let me know that as well.. I know we are still in the season but our defense is not as great as we think we have holes and i want bulls on parade to stay for good and this is what i came up with
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for what position to take in the 1st round I can think of only 3 positions, DT/NT, CB, or WR. CB is a premium position and all the really good ones will be gone by the time we pick in the 1st, assuming we're drafting 29-32. The only CB's I really like in the 1st are Milliner and Banks and neither will fall to us. I think Amerson is a Safety in the NFL and I'd start Rhodes off at CB but wouldn't be surprised if he's moved to Safety as well. I think we lose McCain in FA, move Harris to nickle, and will take a CB in the mid rounds to take Harris depth spot. I like Johnny Adams from Mich. St. in the 4th.

WR is a big need but most of the good ones will also be gone by the time we pick. I like Martin in the slot and think he's a keeper, but Jean and Posey should be fighting for a roster spot next season, neither has impressed me. Next years WR class lacks the elite talent at the top but it's got some good depth. If one of the really good ones, Allen, Hunter, or Patterson, and possibly Williams falls to us in the 1st, take him but again that's doubtful and there's some good talent that should be available to us in the 2nd round. I like Quinton Patton, and Cobi Hamilton in the 2nd. I think WR is a need but it's a pick of opportunity when the right value is there for the taking because the position is deep.

NT is my pick in the 1st round and I agree with you Kawann Short would look real nice in a Texans uniform, size, speed, agility/athleticism, and strength to anchor against the double team. I also like Louis Nix but think he's gone by the time we pick in the 1st, Sylvester Williams also has great size and agility/athleticism but could use more strength to anchor on double teams, and Jesse Williams who also has great size, strength, and straight ahead speed, but I think he lacks lateral agility and will move down to the mid 2nd round. Jesse plays stiff. Going NT in the 1st also adds strength against the run and helps reduce our weakness at ILB and reduces the need for an early pick here, I think ILB becomes a mid round pick.

I think one of these positions is our pick in the 1st round, but I think you overlooked a need at WR.

I also wouldn't be mad if we chose a high quality multi dimensional O-lineman that can play OT or OG equally well. That would add alot of quality and depth to our O-line.
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already a draft thread

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=500553

It depends who gets resigned and who doesn't.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see WR as a need as well BUT, with us drafting two WR last year i dont think we touch it this year ... only reason why two years ago we drafted Harris and Roc and they next year we didnt draft one ... To be honest I don't really see a WR that can be a future number one for this team. Hunter will be gone and Terrance Williams would be a good number two but i just dont see him as a number one. Maybe next year we get a WR but nobody really this year is jumping out at me... Now you brought up a name that I thought would be great as well and that's Louis Nix. He is a big part of that Notre Dame defense that doesn't allow goaline touchdowns. I didn't know if he would be coming out this year and if so how high would he be going if they were both available I wouldn't know which one to pick. I am not a fan of Milliner. Banks is someone i would be happy with though. I just look at Rhodes and think Cromartie without the drama.
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
mse326

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can keep all draft talk in the 1 thread for now.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: