Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans GDT: Houston at Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins the game?
Houston by a lot
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Houston by a little
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
The Texans finally end an OT game in a tie
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Tennessee by a little
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tennessee by a lot
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longhorns90 wrote:
Six sacks and six turnovers. There are still some weaknesses in the D, especially in the secondary with all the injuries, but that's how you win football games.

16 PD's.... 8 TFL... 8 QB Hits....

Wade & Kubs most have got after the D Cool Wink Idea
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11-1. We bad. We know.
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Some way too fast reactions

Offense Good; Offense Bad- We have been doing this too often. Get out to a substantial lead and then lay of the gas. We did absolutely nothing in the second half and they almost got back in it. We need to get a killer instinct.

Andre Johnson doing well; Wait where's Andre- In typical Kubiak fasion, Andre Johnson is doing well 5/56 in the first half. Did we even look at him in the second? And I don't want to hear we didn't need it. We weren't doing anything in the second half and they were in the redzone with a lot of time left to make it a one score game. We need to stop ignoring him.

This, 1000x this. If we get a good lead next week and lay off the gas we WILL pay for it. And Andre had ZERO targets the 2nd half.

edit: Why did JJ Watt only get credit for 1 sack? I thought he had 2, the first one in the 1st quarter and the second one on that 4th down scramble...
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreDay80 wrote:
mse326 wrote:

Offense Good; Offense Bad- We have been doing this too often. Get out to a substantial lead and then lay of the gas. We did absolutely nothing in the second half and they almost got back in it. We need to get a killer instinct.

Andre Johnson doing well; Wait where's Andre- In typical Kubiak fasion, Andre Johnson is doing well 5/56 in the first half. Did we even look at him in the second? And I don't want to hear we didn't need it. We weren't doing anything in the second half and they were in the redzone with a lot of time left to make it a one score game. We need to stop ignoring him.

This, 1000x this. If we get a good lead next week and lay off the gas we WILL pay for it. And Andre had ZERO targets the 2nd half.

edit: Why did JJ Watt only get credit for 1 sack? I thought he had 2, the first one in the 1st quarter and the second one on that 4th down scramble...

Locker fumbled before Watt got to him, so I don't think he will get a sack or ff for it, idk
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
mse326 wrote:

Locker fumbled before Watt got to him, so I don't think he will get a sack or ff for it, idk

This is correct.

It's a shame.

#JDI
Marco79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I have been saying it since Denver it's going to cost us a game one time. Hopefully this won't happen in the playoffs.
jargin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dominant defensive performance today. Almost every football went into the hands of a Texan. Sharpton had a nice pick to seal the game. Watt was unstoppable. Whitney Mercilus was getting after Locker. Quin played an outstanding game. Kareem was looking a little shaky at times but continued to fight through the game and be physical. Dobbins was layin some lumber. I really enjoyed the hell out of this game. Every time we punted on offense I felt extremely confident because I knew Donnie Jones would put the Titans a long way from getting to our endzone and that our defense was really on point. I think the defense wanted to make a statement after the last two weeks. I think Mercilus gives us a different dimension than we had with Brooks Reed. But also, I'm taking into account that the Titans have one of the worst offenses in the league, a brand new offensive coordinator and two of their offensive linemen went down in the game.

This was a great example of where we are as a team. LeStar Jean makes a huge play to start the game. Forsett showed me for the first time this season why he deserves the rock. The defense really looked powerful. Special teams was playing well with the long FG and the nice returns by Martin even though we had a lot of flags. If there was one thing to criticize it would be the flags. There were a lot of them but the refs were also throwing a lot of flags on the Titans. We just played extremely well and I am so glad that we are 11-1 right now.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shorter than usual Post Game thoughts:

- 11-1. Whoda thunk it? I think even the most optimistic fan had us in the 11-5/12-4 range. It was either a raging homer or an uneducated bandwagon fan who saw anything better than 12-4...yet, here we are in prime position to finish stronger than that. We have three elite QBs in four weeks, and a freak of nature at RB in that timeframe, but our chances are just as good as anyone elses.

- Forget retirement and a three year wait period. Put JJ Watt in the HoF tomorrow. This guy is another creature entirely, just a dominant player right now at his best. Yesterday was a pedestrian day for him, but by many standards, this was a DPOW type game for anyone else. I've watched the likes of Lawrence Taylor, Mike Singletary, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas, Bruce Smith...Watt is in that category, and he's got a lot more time in the NFL to add to his resume.

- Mercy-less! Solid start for the 1st rounder, just a good performance in his first start as a pro. He lucked into his first sack, as Jake Locker scrambled into him for a no-gain, but the 2nd sack was a nice pressure/effort sack from Whitney. The Titans run game didn't find any room to the outside as well, which tells me that Mercy is setting that edge fairly well. Given the slow season as well as the large contract on the horizon, I think the window is closing on Connor Barwin's tenure as a Texan.

- So, LeStar Jean at CB? We're one injury away from that, according to 610. Jean tends to play scout team CB early on in practice, and if more names at the position were to get hurt, he'd be the next man up in that role. I'm sure the team would do something less drastic (move Quin to CB and get Demps or Keo in as a starter) but it goes to show you how thin we're getting at the spot. Three of our top four guys are now out, with McCain out until a potential SB game and Joseph/Ball highly questionable up until MNF.

- Who needs Tate? Justin Forsett is looking like a capable player in our offense as the weeks progress. He had some tough sledding the last few weeks, but he's now seeing his hole and making gains when the OL gives him a chance. I really don't think we'll see much of Tate as we're used to, and that might not matter in the long run; The best player gets the best time, and right now Forsett is the better of the two.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering some teams have never been 11-1 EVER and we are says alot, you dont blow out every opponent and you don't always bring your A game and yet we've still made it to this point.

Although Forsett is doing well, I think we can benefit from the physicality Tate runs with to go with Forsetts speed and Arians all around greatness.

Also ET, I thought I heard Posey was the next man up at CB.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Wright and Lopez say that both Jean and Posey get snaps on scout team as DBs. Prolly would make more sense if Posey got out there, as Jean sees meaningful snaps on offense...

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
mse326

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Wright and Lopez say that both Jean and Posey get snaps on scout team as DBs. Prolly would make more sense if Posey got out there, as Jean sees meaningful snaps on offense...

It was definitely going to be Posey. Kubiak said it in the post game presser that he actually told him to be ready.

#JDI
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, Kub just said on 610, when I saw 76 laying on the ground there, my heart skipped a beat.

He also said Brooks got some time at guard, anybody notice this? Cause I didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if this game showed us anything its that we've got to give Arian a week off at some point here. He looks like he doesn't have it in him right now.

On the other hand, our 2 backup RBs looked really good in this game.

Justin Forsett-14 carries, 64 yards (4.57 ypc)
Arian Foster-14 carries, 38 yards (2.71 ypc)
Ben Tate- 3 carries, 18 yards (6 ypc)

I think against the Patriots we should try and use Forsett and Tate almost exclusively (with the exception being goal line situations).

The fact that the Texans have been able to keep winning with backups playing a significant amount of time at most positions make us all the more dangerous come playoff time. Lets make sure Tate doesn't look like a lame duck in the postseason this year..

LORK88
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
Ha, Kub just said on 610, when I saw 76 laying on the ground there, my heart skipped a beat.

He also said Brooks got some time at guard, anybody notice this? Cause I didn't.

Yeah, it was the play right after Brown got hurt. And during that interview Kubiak said he sent a appeal to the NFL, to give JJ a sack on the play when Locker rolled out to the right and fumbled. I thought that was a sack, hopefully they give it to him

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I believe Gardner came in at LT, and Brooks played RG. Gardner looked capable of run blocking during the few plays he was in, but I think that's all they did was run. I didn't notice Brooks, which for an OL is probably a good thing. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: