Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

gurumock 2013 v.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: gurumock 2013 v.2 Reply with quote

The rest of the 2012 season:
~Packers finish at 12-4, as only one worry game remains IMO @ CHI and I think they can take care of business there.
~They get the #3 seed in a tie breaker with CHI.
~They draw the Redskins, who finished the season red hot in the first round and win 34-27.
~Unfortunately GB meets SF in the divisional round and loses to the eventual SB champs 27-20.

Unacceptable!!!

So TT goes to work...

~The Charles Woodson situation:
Everyone loves Chuck, but there comes a point where performance is not coming close to meeting pay. Chuck is released and either retires or takes on a S/NB role elsewhere. This saves a bunch of dough to be used on Clay/Raji/Rodgers in some capacity.

~The Greg Jennings situation:
The offense isn't quite as good without him, but they've shown to be quite proficient and having a bajillion WRs doesn't do much good when there's weaknesses elsewhere. GJ is tagged and traded to MIA for a 2nd round pick. This money can be used to fill voids at other positions since our receiving corps is very strong.

~The Jermichael Finley situation:
There comes a point where it's probably best to go your seperate ways. Finley's not getting the balls he wants and the Packers aren't getting the production they want. He's traded to CLE for a 4th round pick. Again, use the money to fill other voids.

NOT RETAINED/RELEASED:
RB Cedric Benson-obvi.
WR Donald Driver-obvi yet again.

NFL FREE AGENCY:

You say wait! TT doesn't do FA. Well you'd be right in general. But wait!

RB Steven Jackson

I know this has been a pipe dream for awhile now, but Jackson is fairly old in RB years and is looking for a winner. He takes a 2 year deal that pays him pretty nicely, but not like an elite player.

And that is all for FA my tweeps!

2013 NFL DRAFT:

Heh

For a review, we have according to my probably incorrect calculations:
2 (MIA)
4 (CLE)
4 (Flynn)
4 (Wells)
Someone please correct me here if I'm wrong. Not totally sure on the projection with Wells.

Anyhoo!

1. OL Barrett Jones-Alabama

Nothing flashy, but I love him as a potential elite C. Has immense versatility as he can play every spot on the OL competently. His highest ceiling comes at C though where his great intelligence and strong run blocking play up. Comes in day one as the starter and is for the next decade.

2 (via MIA, thanks Joe) TE Zach Ertz-Stanford

Looks like he's about to championship belt here^
The main target for Stanford's QB's this year and another legitimate TE prospect coming out of what might soon be named "TE U." Ertz is tall and rangy and also quite athletic. He doesn't have freak speed, but can easily get down the seam over cover 2 and is also a respectable blocker in the running game. Comes in as the starter in TC.

2. OT Oday Aboushi-Virginia

He's best known for his pass pro skills, which are a must in the Packer offense. Between Derek Sherrod's injury struggles and Bulaga's inconsistent play and subsequent injury, more insurance is needed on the outside since we've seen Newhouse really struggle on the outside. Aboushi will have a chance to start at LT in a TC battle with Sherrod.

3. WR Ryan Swope-Texas A&M

A personal favorite of mine and my man crush Johny "F-ing" Football. He's very quick and a pretty polished route runner for a collegiate player in a wide-open offense. Also was a favorite of Dolphin QB Ryan Tannehill. Ready to contribute immediately IMO and very well could be the 4th receiver that GB tends to use a fair amount. Also provides insurance since GBs receivers tend to drop like flies, but I guess everyone does.

4. (CLE) S Phillip Thomas-Fresno State

He had to take a medical redshirt last year after a nasty leg injury, but has returned seamlessly to the Bulldogs lineup and has picked up right where he left off as a huge playmaker. Doesn't have great speed, but his instincts and ball skills allow him to make big plays. The Packers S situation is wide open right now, so anything is possible here.

4. DE Larry Black Jr.-Indiana

Has basically been playing by himself since Indiana is the Kansas City Chiefs of the B1G. He's been quite disruptive though, making several plays in the backfield. Our DL has been pretty good, but not great this year. And adding bodies is the #1 thing on the lines.

4. (Flynn) RB Montee Ball-Wisconsin

I know, I know, TT doesn't draft UW players. UW RBs never work out in the NFL. Montee is not your ordinary UW player, or UW RB. People will point to his decrease in production in 2012 as a red flag. Following UW all year, their QB play and general OL shuffling has caused much of that. When there's been holes, he has hit them and hit them hard. He has phenomenal vision and an amazing jump cut topped only by Adrian Peterson. He doesn't have elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to score in most instances. Has a great stiff arm. One big issue is how much tread is on the tires, which is why he'll share the workload with Jackson. He's also a great route runner and receiver out of the backfield and a very competent blocker.

4. (Wells) CB Darius Slay-Mississippi State

He's overshadowed by teammate Jonathan Banks, but Slay has actually played well himself. He's shown very good man skills (which who knows if Capers will actually utilize that) and good ball skills as well. Typical TT type of CB.

5. OG James Wilson-Florida

Has run blocked very well for Gilleslie during his breakout year. Wilson hasn't gotten a lot of playing time at Florida until this year, but adds some run blocking skills to a unit that has been poor at best in that department. Likely just a depth body.

6. K Caleb Sturgis-Florida

But seriously, here's Sturgis...

The best K in the country. This whole K fiasco has to stop.

7. Traded for 2014 6th, cuz like the meme said. TT needs more 6th round draft picks.

Jeff Saturday is released.

2013 DEPTH CHART:

QB: Rodgers/HARRELL!!!!11!
RB: Jackson/Ball/Starks/Green
FB: Kuhn/Crabtree/Williams
WR: Nelson/Jones/Cobb/Swope/Boykin
TE: Ertz/Quarless/Crabtree/Williams
LT: Aboushi/Sherrod/Newhouse
LG: Lang/EDS/Wilson
C: Jones/EDS
RG: Sitton/Wilson
RT: Bulaga/Sherrod/Newhouse

Base DL: Wilson/Raji/Pickett
2nd line: Worthy/Black Jr./Neal
Nickel DL: Raji/Pickett
2nd line: Worthy/Neal
3rd down DL: Worthy/Raji
2nd line: Neal/Black Jr.
ROLB: Matthews/Moses/Zombo
LOLB: Perry/Walden
ILB: Hawk/Bishop/Jones/Smith/Lattimore
CB: Williams/Hayward/House/Slay/Bush
FS: Burnett/Jennings
SS: Thomas/McMilllan

K: Sturgis
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

Tear it up. As always, comments/questions/arguments/compliments/disgust is always welcome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 views, 0 replies.= Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Boo hoo. I had to wait till over 100+ views to get my first reply on my most recent mock. Laughing

Love Swope and Ertz. OK with Jones. Hate Montee Ball. The rest I haven't really looked into much. Prefer not to take a kicker at all, really think Mason will be fine later this year/next season.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Boo hoo. I had to wait till over 100+ views to get my first reply on my most recent mock. Laughing

Love Swope and Ertz. OK with Jones. Hate Montee Ball. The rest I haven't really looked into much. Prefer not to take a kicker at all, really think Mason will be fine later this year/next season.

I remember when mocking was easy, back when throwing something together in 20 minutes got you 2 page threads. /nostalgia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

I remember when mocking was easy, back when throwing something together in 20 minutes got you 2 page threads. /nostalgia

My mocks were never good then. I spend like 3-4 days on a mock now. I'm currently working on one. Have the hardest part done with rounds 1-4. 5-7 are tougher since it's still really early in the process.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

My mocks were never good then. I spend like 3-4 days on a mock now. I'm currently working on one. Have the hardest part done with rounds 1-4. 5-7 are tougher since it's still really early in the process.

I'm usually spending a couple days bouncing ideas back and forth and get the general gist of the mock and the main points/prospects. Then spend a couple hours the night of the mock getting specific with the complimenting guys.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this one. Although I do think Wells' comp will be more like a 7th or maybe even wiped completely because of the Saturday signing. Flynn being a 4th is what I'd expect as well.

I would prefer Cooper over Jones, but would be happy either way. Ertz would be a great weapon, although we need a better blocking TE too. Aboushi is a guy I have been intrigued by-- he is a guy that can come in and start right away, was born to block in the ZBS and has great athleticism in pass pro.

Swope is a baller.

Not in love with the idea of Ball, but at that juncture I am okay with it. Montee could be a beast with our blocking schemes as he has the best vision I have ever seen in a RB.

Prefer Hopkins to Sturgis, but would take either over Mase at the moment.

But anyways, bravo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
Really like this one. Although I do think Wells' comp will be more like a 7th or maybe even wiped completely because of the Saturday signing. Flynn being a 4th is what I'd expect as well.

I would prefer Cooper over Jones, but would be happy either way. Ertz would be a great weapon, although we need a better blocking TE too. Aboushi is a guy I have been intrigued by-- he is a guy that can come in and start right away, was born to block in the ZBS and has great athleticism in pass pro.

Swope is a baller.

Not in love with the idea of Ball, but at that juncture I am okay with it. Montee could be a beast with our blocking schemes as he has the best vision I have ever seen in a RB.

Prefer Hopkins to Sturgis, but would take either over Mase at the moment.

But anyways, bravo.

Never sure with the comp thing, I just kinda guessed with the money.

Ball's vision and jumpcut are so good I feel that he'd be phenomenal in a ZBS.

Jones is real safe, and that's huge for me in the interior. He's guaranteed to be a good player IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me gusta. Me gusta mucho
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Me gusta. Me gusta mucho

I'm here to please and win hypothetical Superb Owls.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So 17 points against a Lions team that Matt Flynn broke every passing record against and 10 points in NY while we scored 38 last year if proficient? Not a fan at all, the draft is alright, but mark me down for not wanting to rebuild. Keep Jennings, Keep Finley.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
So 17 points against a Lions team that Matt Flynn broke every passing record against and 10 points in NY while we scored 38 last year if proficient? Not a fan at all, the draft is alright, but mark me down for not wanting to rebuild. Keep Jennings, Keep Finley.

There's no rebuild, it's re-tooling. The offense has shown to be capable without GJ and Finley just loves to drop things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If youre going aboushi and you're comfortable with him starting I'd much rather go cooper in the first. I'd spend mid 2nd at most on a safe/not elite center/guard, but that's just me. If you're saying you don't know aboushi will be there then I suppose I'd be a little more ok with it I just don't see 1st value with Jones.. just a "good" prospect nothing more in my eyes. (but hey my eyes aren't special either.)

I like ertz, don't see a whole lot more then what Q offers but with the release of finley it wouldn't be bad to have a pitta/dickson like combo. I like.

I need to watch more oday.. ok with the position. (especially if its not Jones in the first).

I like swope for our offense though with his size speed combo I don't see him being worth a third really... Though he's a football player and he just gets it.

I like the idea of grabbing a RB and another big guy but a safety in the mids wouldn't offer much more then depth with what we already have there.

Overall I could live with the draft.. I think you lose too much without resigning Jennings though. And I know our lines struggling a bit but 3 might be overkill. Nothing that'd make me emotional either way
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Ball either. Not too fond of Black, but other than those two I'm with you
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Don't like Ball either. Not too fond of Black, but other than those two I'm with you

What particularly is the distaste with Ball?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: