Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Babin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I want no part of it. Man gave up on that team IMO.
Okoye? On the Bears or Texans?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Was talking about Babin. Okoye is just not very good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Was talking about Babin. Okoye is just not very good.

I wouldn't mind Babin over Zombo but I really question the fit more than anything.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I don't have anything to add on this one. Just want to say I had a chance to talk with that guy a few times now and he is one different cat...... Shocked

Edit: Removed original question.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okoye- wasn't he the highly touted DL a few years back coming out? Seemed like the draft sites were all over him with a high ceiling and so forth. Think he was drafted by AZ. But if memory serves, he also has had an injury filled career.
12>4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry just realized what a dumb you know what I look liked by saying McCoy, meant to say clay and it corrected to McCoy.
Gbpckr50

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind giving him a try for the rest of the season. Can he kick? Laughing

NFL: Packers
NHL: Flyers
MLB: Phillies
NCAAF: Penn State, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, Texas A&M, Louisville, Oregon, Texas Tech, & Baylor
NASCAR: Jeff Gordon
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

I think that team gave up on itself, that team is a mess. Babin is leaps and bounds better than any pass rusher that set foot on the field the last two weeks for us. If he clears waivers I bring him in.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I can't even think of anyone close to being named "McKay"

I'm completely baffled...

I'm guessing he meant CLAY.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
I can't even think of anyone close to being named "McKay"

I'm completely baffled...

I'm guessing he meant CLAY.
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Steve T. McKay, you know, the guy who played DE/OLB for us??? Jeez how quickly people forget...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I think that team gave up on itself, that team is a mess. Babin is leaps and bounds better than any pass rusher that set foot on the field the last two weeks for us. If he clears waivers I bring him in.

I was thinking the same thing. It must really be getting bad in Philly. Didn't somebody say Capers originally drafted him? What condition is Wilson in?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. It must really be getting bad in Philly. Didn't somebody say Capers originally drafted him? What condition is Wilson in?
Laughing Babin wouldn't take Wilson's spot Laughing Babin would have to play OLB, CJ is a 5-tech DE. Completely different position. Plus Babin is about as stout as a wet paper bag.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Laughing Babin wouldn't take Wilson's spot Laughing Babin would have to play OLB, CJ is a 5-tech DE. Completely different position. Plus Babin is about as stout as a wet paper bag.

I didn't mean for him to take Wilson's spot. I was just curious if anybody heard a word about Wilson's injury.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Doesn't matter, all those positions feed off each other. If you add Babin you don't have to play either Neal or Worthy on as many 3rd and long snaps, just throw Babin down in a 3 point. If Wilson is out any amount of time our run defense will suck as well as our pass rush because it throws off the balance we have in out DL substitutions.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Doesn't matter, all those positions feed off each other. If you add Babin you don't have to play either Neal or Worthy on as many 3rd and long snaps, just throw Babin down in a 3 point. If Wilson is out any amount of time our run defense will suck as well as our pass rush because it throws off the balance we have in out DL substitutions.
But you don't sub Babin in for Neal or Worthy. Babin can't play inside. Babin is a situational pass rusher in a Wide 9 defense only. Thats it. Babin played for Dom Capers, he had two 4 sack season under Capers. Do you think that an older, less explosive Babin would be better the 2nd time around?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: