Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Hopefully he takes a Claiborne like drop in the draft. Dream situation would be to trade down and for him to still be there for us

A trade down and we still get jarvis oh my that would be so nice for the nation... I know we are having and are going to continue to have it rough for the next couple years but that would def. be a step in the right direction.. and get a name coach that nice free agents would want to play for...Cant wait for the future in Oakland its been far too long.. TEO would be a nice leader i just love the draft when we have draft picks lol
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want no part of Jarvis Jones. He's really good, but we need to hit a homerun with our first round investment. And investing in a guy who's such a big injury risk would be the wrong move. If we were a team who can afford drafting him then having him be injury plagued then I'd say sure, why not. But the fact is, we need players we can count on to be out there week in and week out and impact the game. Which is why I'm leaning even more towards trading McFadden even though it'd be selling low.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I'll take me some Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, or Manti Te'o.
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

Reggie loves average linebackers or what?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I'd take Te'o out of the 3 because he's a Reggie type of player, and besides when is the last time a Samoan was as disappointing as a Al Davis draft pick? They're all awesome at football!

Star Lotulelei me up I said...and yes Reggie does love average LB's. Outside of Clay Mathews wheat"s GB ever had? Barnett?

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I want no part of Jarvis Jones. He's really good, but we need to hit a homerun with our first round investment. And investing in a guy who's such a big injury risk would be the wrong move. If we were a team who can afford drafting him then having him be injury plagued then I'd say sure, why not. But the fact is, we need players we can count on to be out there week in and week out and impact the game. Which is why I'm leaning even more towards trading McFadden even though it'd be selling low.

I think its really the scheme for Mcfaddens troubles, Knapp has got to go.. if jarvis is a big risk then would getting Utahs Star be a homerun S&b?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
He's the real deal. Crazy injury risk though. Otherwise he would be a lock top 3 pick, potentially #1 (and he still might be).

Oh yeah, he's a beast no doubt. He's very Von Miller-like. I wonder how he'll fair after the combine.

I think he will be at the top of everyone's list besides any medical staff.

I don't think the common fan knows that he left USC to go to Georgia because the USC medical staff would not clear him to play. Pretty amazing story, more amazing talent, but the injury potential is very real. It reminds me a bit of Da'quan Bowers last year, but this guy is the best football player in the draft in my opinion. I would still be excited for what he could bring if we would draft him, but I wish him the best wherever he goes.

All eyes should be on him against Alabama on Saturday.

reminds me of gaines adams (rip) a lil

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm Anti-Te'o... Good player but he's another 3-4 old school 255-260LB, MLB...kind of similar to McClain. Ro was outstanding at Alabama. He was all over the field, I thought he was a great pick for the Raiders. Unless we convert to a 3-4, I rather not draft Te'o. Raiders need to build up front. Al Davis always did patch work on the D-line. If the Raiders have a chance to draft a blue chip player like Star Lotulelei you gotta take him.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

Star Lotulelei me up I said...and yes Reggie does love average LB's. Outside of Clay Mathews wheat"s GB ever had? Barnett?

I think GB sucks at drafting players. They drafted two great players and a bunch of underPerforming players. Their defense sucks and they can't run the ball if it wasn't for Rogers they'll be a 2-14 team.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BlackPrestige92 wrote:

I think GB sucks at drafting players. They drafted two great players and a bunch of underPerforming players. Their defense sucks and they can't run the ball if it wasn't for Rogers they'll be a 2-14 team.

They got some players, maybe not 2-14 more like 4-12 lol Ya a good Qb would make any roster look good, throw peyton manning on the Raiders and what do you have.. a playoff team
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I think its really the scheme for Mcfaddens troubles, Knapp has got to go.. if jarvis is a big risk then would getting Utahs Star be a homerun S&b?

Depends on a lot of factors. How he plays the rest of the year, how he does at the combine, his attitude, value depending on where we pick, our FA moves this offseason and how he plays for us. Of course, that last one can't be confirmed before the draft.

If Star plays well for the rest of the season, comes to the combine in shape and takes care of business, and we don't sign a DT UFA then sure, I'd call it a good pick.

As for McFadden, if we keep a ZBS with Knapp or not, I think we definitely need to move on. Regardless of the scheme, the dude is never consistently healthy. Can't afford that, especially if we're going forward with a scheme that doesn't fit him

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the scheme stays with or without Knapp. Reggie McKenzine was in Green Bay drafting players for WCO and ZBS, its what he believes in. And then Dennis Allen was on the Falcons and Saints who ran a version of a WCO and used a lot of zone, our leaders McKenzie & Allen are firm believers in the WCO and Zone-Blocking scheme. They will pick the scheme over the current talent on the roster. McFadden, DHB maybe a few others could be out.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I think the scheme stays with or without Knapp. Reggie McKenzine was in Green Bay drafting players for WCO and ZBS, its what he believes in. And then Dennis Allen was on the Falcons and Saints who ran a version of a WCO and used a lot of zone, our leaders McKenzie & Allen are firm believers in the WCO and Zone-Blocking scheme. They will pick the scheme over the current talent on the roster. McFadden, DHB maybe a few others could be out.

When's the last time the Packers had a good rushing attack? Reggie McKenzie needs to think for himself because Ted Thompsons rushing attacks havent worked at all in GB. And hopefully no one cares about what Dennis Allen thinks on offense after hiring Knapp.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like jones a lot. Can't wait to see him play this week.

If he is cleared my dr. I wouldn't have a problem with him.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want star. ngata clone
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
i want star. ngata clone

Star or Moore are the top two prospects I want. Joeckel is 3rd.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: