Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign OG/C Andre Gurode;Release DT Okoye
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Bears sign OG/C Andre Gurode;Release DT Okoye Reply with quote

Sean Jensen ‏@seankjensen
#Bears announce signing of veteran C/G Andre Gurode and waiving of DT Amobi Okoye.

https://twitter.com/seankjensen

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given where we are in the year, and all other things considered, this is a good signing.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okoye has been passed by Collins who is younger, healthier and better at this point.

Gurode showed last season he can play a little, but my guess is that this is an emergency move in case Carimi or Edwin struggle.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope Okoye finds a new team soon, good luck to him. But this was a move that needed to be made, before this we had one healthy guard so glad we brought Gurode in.
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Okoye has been passed by Collins who is younger, healthier and better at this point.

Gurode showed last season he can play a little, but my guess is that this is an emergency move in case Carimi or Edwin struggle.

If Gurode gets up to speed he will probably start if Spencer cant go.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't he pretty good with the Cowboys? I know he's declined a lot, but he could provide a boost.

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Wasn't he pretty good with the Cowboys? I know he's declined a lot, but he could provide a boost.

I dunno... It's week 13 and he is still on the street, and there are a lot of teams with bad OL out there. I'm going to read into that quite a bit.

I'd rather see Carimi start personally with Gurode as the worst case scenario option he was brought in as. Carimi may well be the future for us at one of our OG spots. Gurode isn't.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I dunno... It's week 13 and he is still on the street, and there are a lot of teams with bad OL out there. I'm going to read into that quite a bit.

I'd rather see Carimi start personally with Gurode as the worst case scenario option he was brought in as. Carimi may well be the future for us at one of our OG spots. Gurode isn't.

Agreed, lets see if we can salvage Carimi.

He was pretty good with 0 reps I will assume there will be improvement with a week of practice and film.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was just a matter of time. Especially with the extent of Spencers injury unknown. Gurode never seemed to fit in with the Ravens, playing though injuries, after reading a few articles on him he seems to really relish this opporunity. Here's to him being a pleasant surprise in Chicago... Pray

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurode probably can't play much at all anymore, probably won't be active on gameday either, but at least he comes with some credentials. Maybe the younger guys can learn a thing or two from him.

This is also a sign that James Brown is not ready to go, as much as people want to hope he's the line's savior.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Gurode probably can't play much at all anymore, probably won't be active on gameday either, but at least he comes with some credentials. Maybe the younger guys can learn a thing or two from him.

This is also a sign that James Brown is not ready to go, as much as people want to hope he's the line's savior.

I really think regardless of James Browns' maturity, we were going to bring in a vet anyways... Losing both starting Guards on an already weak OL is definitely cause for concern.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

I really think regardless of James Browns' maturity, we were going to bring in a vet anyways... Losing both starting Guards on an already weak OL is definitely cause for concern.
We lost both our starting OGs and our primary backup. We really just need a body at this point.
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Wait, you guys were all serious about the #TeamJamesBrown thing??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

They were never going to staart him, this isnt a practice season for us where just test out some of the young guys, they needed a vet.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I dunno... It's week 13 and he is still on the street, and there are a lot of teams with bad OL out there. I'm going to read into that quite a bit. Don't read too much. I am assuming signing a ten yr vet will cost more than an equivalent young guy just because the ten vet min is higher than the young guy min. And teams are not going to sign the latter if there is any choice also because they are looking to the future. It also sounds like there are injury concerns as well. If he is out of the league primarily because of that then maybe he has healed up some in the last couple of months. Unlikely perhaps but not impossible.

There isn't any doubt that Carimi will start and never has been. Gurode won't even suit up for a couple of weeks, and then only because the emergency hasn't gotten any better.
ak06max

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Angelo was here he would of signed C Williams back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: