Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What a difference a year makes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Power_22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: What a difference a year makes Reply with quote

Needed to grab a new account because its been that long since I've posted on here that i forgot my info, but really what a difference a year has made for this team

A little over a year ago a couple games into the 2012 season I was estatic about this oakland raiders squad, we had an explosive offence loaded with young playmakers who were developing and some pieces on D with room to grow. Last year I saw this team as a QB away from being a serious contender as I had little faith in jason campbell, who looks the part but has always been scared to pull the trigger downfield takes too much time in the pocket and in general lacks the quick instinctive decision making to be an above average QB and also lacks the elite athleticism which can help mask a QB who isn't an elite decision decision maker.

However we had just drafted an exciting young QB who though I acknowledged that he needed time had a ton of potential as a big time playmaker for the future.

Now over a year later the future looks incredibly bleak, all these young playmakers that I was so excited about have been horribly mismanaged by the regime and I no longer believe that are being put in the position to use their talents and flourish, taiwan jones, moore, ford, and even DHB (who i hated as pick but slowly was starting to come along as a player) all flashed serious speed and playmaking ability on the field weather it was pre-season or regular season.

Now our team just feels so blah....especially offensively, this new regime seems so concerned with maintaining a conservative approach and so focused on what players can't do rather then maximizing what they can do, I mean taiwan and terrelle have to be the most prime examples of this. Pre-season or not these guys flashed serious big time potential, taiwan had many excellent runs and I always got excited seeing him out there, the vision, the burst of speed, he honestly looked special and now he can't even warrant a look because of some fumbling issues and pass protection!?!?! Lots of big time backs have that issue, get the man on the field he can play!!
even the offensive line, last year I was excited about this unit, we had a potential future star at LT and had just drafted another in Wiz, oline is often a plug and play style position but with those two cornerstones it looked to be in excellent shape...this year? back to being a mess??? its just sad

Pryor as well, this season is a wash it's time to see what this young man can do, we run a zone scheme so what the harm of putting him in there and executing a combination of zone reads and playaction passing/bootlegs to maximize what he can do well as this stage, god knows it will be a hell of a lot better then what we have going now...i also realize its hard to blow up the offence midseason but some tweaks to get pryor going in a run heavy scheme wouldn't be a bad idea, it sure fits our personel

this thing is an absolute mess right now, I've always been in favour of continuity but these coaches just don't have a clue, trying to fit square pegs in round holes is classic egotiscal bs and it's time to get them out of here
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit, I didn't read the whole thing. But let me see if I can get the gist of it.

- 2012 is a disappointment
- Offense is bad
- You don't trust coaching staff
- Start Pryor?

Yeah, welcome back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do think allen has a bit of a chance, but he needs to rid himself of some the individuals around in

this years draft will say a lot about reggie, I'm really interested to see what types of players he targets. Hopefully the conservative approach to players isn't one he maintains
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on. We're doing it wrong. We don't want to build with what was left from the past regime, we want to get rid of everything affiliated with it because the new regime is more concerned with distancing itself from it than fixing this situation as quickly as possible. Reading this forum it seems like the smart PR move to do though.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer's smartest move yet. Make another account to post rants on since NickB warned him. Laughing

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
BNich0622

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
silver_surfer's smartest move yet. Make another account to post rants on since NickB warned him. Laughing

Sadly that was my first thought as well.

Thanks to RaiderX for the sig
Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why your post is centered around Terrelle Pryor, but I agree with the gist of what you're saying. I think we have some good players on O who aren't being used to their max potential. Hopefully that will change next season.
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What a difference a year makes Reply with quote

Power_22 wrote:
Needed to grab a new account because its been that long since I've posted on here that i forgot my info, but really what a difference a year has made for this team

A little over a year ago a couple games into the 2012 season I was estatic about this oakland raiders squad, we had an explosive offence loaded with young playmakers who were developing and some pieces on D with room to grow. Last year I saw this team as a QB away from being a serious contender as I had little faith in jason campbell, who looks the part but has always been scared to pull the trigger downfield takes too much time in the pocket and in general lacks the quick instinctive decision making to be an above average QB and also lacks the elite athleticism which can help mask a QB who isn't an elite decision decision maker.

However we had just drafted an exciting young QB who though I acknowledged that he needed time had a ton of potential as a big time playmaker for the future.

Now over a year later the future looks incredibly bleak, all these young playmakers that I was so excited about have been horribly mismanaged by the regime and I no longer believe that are being put in the position to use their talents and flourish, taiwan jones, moore, ford, and even DHB (who i hated as pick but slowly was starting to come along as a player) all flashed serious speed and playmaking ability on the field weather it was pre-season or regular season.

Now our team just feels so blah....especially offensively, this new regime seems so concerned with maintaining a conservative approach and so focused on what players can't do rather then maximizing what they can do, I mean taiwan and terrelle have to be the most prime examples of this. Pre-season or not these guys flashed serious big time potential, taiwan had many excellent runs and I always got excited seeing him out there, the vision, the burst of speed, he honestly looked special and now he can't even warrant a look because of some fumbling issues and pass protection!?!?! Lots of big time backs have that issue, get the man on the field he can play!!
even the offensive line, last year I was excited about this unit, we had a potential future star at LT and had just drafted another in Wiz, oline is often a plug and play style position but with those two cornerstones it looked to be in excellent shape...this year? back to being a mess??? its just sad

Pryor as well, this season is a wash it's time to see what this young man can do, we run a zone scheme so what the harm of putting him in there and executing a combination of zone reads and playaction passing/bootlegs to maximize what he can do well as this stage, god knows it will be a hell of a lot better then what we have going now...i also realize its hard to blow up the offence midseason but some tweaks to get pryor going in a run heavy scheme wouldn't be a bad idea, it sure fits our personel

this thing is an absolute mess right now, I've always been in favour of continuity but these coaches just don't have a clue, trying to fit square pegs in round holes is classic egotiscal bs and it's time to get them out of here

I agree 100 percent with this post
Sad what a difference a year makes ( my girlfriend was around too)Sad
Sad

I was at that Patriot and Jets game and the game was so electric..
I don't even get excited for the NFL any longer
silver_surfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also loved our left side last year with Wiz and Valdheer
Sateele was a great team player too! Sad
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez I can't imagine this guy, surfer and rodmoney aren't the same person. It just won't stop, like a rash that cannot be cured.

The Raiders are a huge disappointment, we get it. Now please please go bye bye
Power_22

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually used to be be Raidaa22, sorry about that rant just months of frustrations and disappointments built up Wink
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power_22 wrote:
I actually used to be be Raidaa22, sorry about that rant just months of frustrations and disappointments built up Wink

You had me until you started with the Pryor stuff. . . .

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

silver_surfer wrote:
I also loved our left side last year with Wiz and Valdheer
Sateele was a great team player too! Sad

Am i a bad person because i agree with him?
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the Greg Knapp offense. We as fans saw this coming from miles away but the pros and experts who run our team, didn't. Greg Knapp has never been successful as an OC. His team are always painfully average at best. Dennis Allen just wanted to hire a guy who he knew, he worked with Knapp in Atlanta and they had a friendship, so we all suffer. Lane Kiffin hired Knapp as an OC, Jim Mora Jr did, twice!!! AND... those guys failed as NFL Head Coaches. Dennis Allen better wake up if he wants to last.

Last edited by dawsonleery on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carry on my friends. What's done, is done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: