Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should Roseman have control over personnel (i.e GM) in 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Howie Roseman have control over personnel in 2013?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
No
92%
 92%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author Message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21573
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
When Joe Banner was fired people speculated on a power struggle. Reid+Banner+Roseman was all of a sudden Reid+Roseman.

Remove Reid and all we have is Roseman.
I don't think Lurie would fire Roseman, if he does, it would be extremely surprising.

There isn't even a guarantee that whoever comes in at head coach would be as involved in the decision making as Reid. Roseman's role could actually expand with rebuilding, not shrink.


And that's what worries me.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36338
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
When Joe Banner was fired people speculated on a power struggle. Reid+Banner+Roseman was all of a sudden Reid+Roseman.

Remove Reid and all we have is Roseman.
I don't think Lurie would fire Roseman, if he does, it would be extremely surprising.

There isn't even a guarantee that whoever comes in at head coach would be as involved in the decision making as Reid. Roseman's role could actually expand with rebuilding, not shrink.


And that's what worries me.


I'll happily jump on that wagon if the best/most interesting candidates for a HC job won't come here, until that I'm willing to give him 2013 off season to prove himself.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oland11


Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 7716
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Phire wrote:
When Joe Banner was fired people speculated on a power struggle. Reid+Banner+Roseman was all of a sudden Reid+Roseman.

Remove Reid and all we have is Roseman.
I don't think Lurie would fire Roseman, if he does, it would be extremely surprising.

There isn't even a guarantee that whoever comes in at head coach would be as involved in the decision making as Reid. Roseman's role could actually expand with rebuilding, not shrink.


And that's what worries me.


I'll happily jump on that wagon if the best/most interesting candidates for a HC job won't come here, until that I'm willing to give him 2013 off season to prove himself.


I'd give him 2 years. One on his own and the other with some input from the HC or an assistant GM or president.

Thank god we don't have Jerry Jones as our GM.
_________________
Rock Climbing is life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
babyatemydingo


Joined: 15 Jan 2007
Posts: 6877
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should team him up with Eric Mangini.
Make some title for Howie and keep him as he's accomplished the tasks for which he was responsible. (ie. VP of Left-Handed Ham Sanwiches)

I have faith in Mangini's evaluation skills given the drafts that took place under him as head coach. (Only 2 1/2 busts in 5 years vs. A LOT)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43612
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contracts only
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36338
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Mangini be interested in a FO job though? ^
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 43612
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Would Mangini be interested in a FO job though? ^


Depends on how we pay him. ESPN must pay a lot.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 36338
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Would Mangini be interested in a FO job though? ^


Depends on how we pay him. ESPN must pay a lot.


Money is one thing, but he probably have a lot more free time Working for ESPN.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 49599
Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangini is still young, and ESPN will always be an option for him down the line.

I think New York and Cleveland left him with a huge chip on his shoulder. Any human being would want to leave the sport with a better legacy than being laughed out of two cities.
_________________
theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group