Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Geno Smith Go #1 Overall?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Whatever Stchamp98 Says
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
There is a video out there, I wish I could find it now, of Kiper and McShay discussing how screwed Kansas City will be with the first overall pick.

Both agree that no quarterback warrants the pick and then begins to discuss KCs needs compared to the top prospects.

Star doesn't fit their system, while they already have two damn good OLB on their team so no need for Jones. Plus after the adventures taking Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Powe this past year, could they really get away with another defensive linemen? Their offensive line has Brandon Albert and Eric Winston, so no need for an OT.

Derreck Johnson is playing well this year, but would you consider Teo?

Terrible, terrible spot for KC.

Bolded: Read the post above.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
There is a video out there, I wish I could find it now, of Kiper and McShay discussing how screwed Kansas City will be with the first overall pick.

Both agree that no quarterback warrants the pick and then begins to discuss KCs needs compared to the top prospects.

Star doesn't fit their system, while they already have two damn good OLB on their team so no need for Jones. Plus after the adventures taking Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Powe this past year, could they really get away with another defensive linemen? Their offensive line has Brandon Albert and Eric Winston, so no need for an OT.

He'll be 29 next year, and has fallen out of favor with that team. Drops a plenty. Needs a fresh start.

My guess is they'll keep Albert.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

He'll be 29 next year, and has fallen out of favor with that team. Drops a plenty. Needs a fresh start.

Bolded: Love to know where you got that, as I just an article from their media saying the exact opposite. Their media suggest a tag and trade, which means no tag for Albert.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Bolded: Love to know where you got that, as I just an article from their media saying the exact opposite. Their media suggest a tag and trade, which means no tag for Albert.

I should have clarified that they've fallen out of favor with him. We was quoted in saying that he wants out "very badly".

Wouldn't a tag and trade mean there would be money for Albert? Extension perhaps?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

I should have clarified that they've fallen out of favor with him. We was quoted in saying that he wants out "very badly".

Wouldn't a tag and trade mean there would be money for Albert? Extension perhaps?

They had $26.6 million in cap room entering the season, which was the 2nd most. They will definitely have more than enough money to resign him if they want.

I don't see how letting Albert go and drafting Joeckel helps the team. Seems like they end up right where they are now, plus Stevenson is playing well for them and was a 3rd round pick this past draft. I don't see them giving up on him.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Bolded: You sure?

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe wants to clear up what he says was a misconception that he wanted out of Kansas City. To the contrary, Bowe said Thursday in a rare interview that he would like to finish his career with the Chiefs.

“Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me,” said Bowe, who became emphatic once the topic was introduced. “I never said I didn’t want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me. When I heard that, I was like, ‘Where did that come from?’ I never said I wanted out."

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/15/3919156/bowe-says-he-never-wanted-out.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe wants to clear up what he says was a misconception that he wanted out of Kansas City. To the contrary, Bowe said Thursday in a rare interview that he would like to finish his career with the Chiefs.

“Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me,” said Bowe, who became emphatic once the topic was introduced. “I never said I didn’t want to be here. I never said that. This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me. When I heard that, I was like, ‘Where did that come from?’ I never said I wanted out."

Back peddle city...

Perhaps because his play has digressed with all those drops?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

They had $26.6 million in cap room entering the season, which was the 2nd most. They will definitely have more than enough money to resign him if they want.

I don't see how letting Albert go and drafting Joeckel helps the team. Seems like they end up right where they are now, plus Stevenson is playing well for them and was a 3rd round pick this past draft. I don't see them giving up on him.

They do it for 3 reasons. 1] Joeckel's got the potential to be a significantly better player than Branden Albert who, while good, has never ranked among the league's elite. 2] The money they save by not re-signing Branden Albert allows them to be more aggressive in free agency (Maybe lock down Bowe long-term) in terms of other need positions. 3] Probably most importantly, they aren't sold on anyone else at #1.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Back peddle city...

Perhaps because his play has digressed with all those drops?

He's been dropping passes for years, since he broke into the league. Still got the tag. Doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of it will depend on who they get as their new HC and possibly new GM.

What kind of philosophy will that have on offense?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

Very true.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

Marc Ross, GM
Ray Horton, HC
Norv Turner, OC
Darren Perry, DC

A man can always dream right??!!

Laughing

Hell, I would even be ok with someone like Dave Toub as HC if Horton isn't available!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people rip on him, but Mel Kiper has Matt Barkley now #24 on his Big Board and Geno Smith #25.

I like Mel most of the time, but when it comes to QBs, he's wrong more than he is right.

The guy loved Jimmy Clausen...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper and McShay, come April, will put two of the more accurate mock drafts you'll see but when it comes to player analysis neither are worth paying attention to.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth Rob Rang has Geno #10 and Barkley #18...

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: