Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Geno Smith Go #1 Overall?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Whatever Stchamp98 Says
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That..... Reply with quote

Geno Smith will NOT be the #1 overall pick. And this isn't stupid rumor buzz either, it comes from some of the most reputable draft sources available. I've been deadfast against it, I still think he goes to Kansas City with that first pick but try as I may to pretend that I am (Get your shots in now), I am not connected to the insiders of the draft. I don't have the type of inside knowledge that the guys making this claim have proven year after year to have. If these guys say he won't go #1 overall, there isn't much I can say to call them out. Further more, not only do a lot of these guys believe he won't go #1 overall, a lot of them don't believe he'll go at 2 or 3 either.A few think he may go 5th or 6th!!!

As to this discussion, what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That..... Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Geno Smith will NOT be the #1 overall pick. And this isn't stupid rumor buzz either, it comes from some of the most reputable draft sources available. I've been deadfast against it, I still think he goes to Kansas City with that first pick but try as I may to pretend that I am (Get your shots in now), I am not connected to the insiders of the draft. I don't have the type of inside knowledge that the guys making this claim have proven year after year to have. If these guys say he won't go #1 overall, there isn't much I can say to call them out. Further more, not only do a lot of these guys believe he won't go #1 overall, a lot of them don't believe he'll go at 2 or 3 either.A few think he may go 5th or 6th!!!

what sources?
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His play the last 4 games or so has dropped his stock plus Luke Joeckel is a Joe Thomas type who may go before Geno. Depends on who picks first.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: There is Buzz In the Scouting Community That..... Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

what sources?

Rob Rang and Tony Pauline both floated the idea of Geno going closer to 4-6, Mike Mayock recently said on a game broadcast that he doesn't see him as the #1 overall pick. The guys at Optimum Scouting said point blank that they don't think he's worthy of going #1 overall. It's getting floated in a lot of places by a lot of people.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kansas City is picking first, I have no clue how they DON'T pick Geno. They're starving for a QB
younggun1273

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
If Kansas City is picking first, I have no clue how they DON'T pick Geno. They're starving for a QB

That has always been my line of thought as well. They have a good left tackle in Brandon Albert and backup rookie Donald Stephenson did well against Dumervil and Miller when they played against Denver. They run a 3-4 so they won't take Lotulelei. They have a good 3-4 OLB combo in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston so no Jarvis Jones. That basically leaves Geno Smith, but if they don't take him, I have no idea who they would take.

Justo on the sig
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
iRobot wrote:

That has always been my line of thought as well. They have a good left tackle in Brandon Albert and backup rookie Donald Stephenson did well against Dumervil and Miller when they played against Denver. They run a 3-4 so they won't take Lotulelei. They have a good 3-4 OLB combo in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston so no Jarvis Jones. That basically leaves Geno Smith, but if they don't take him, I have no idea who they would take.

Trade down, maybe?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on record. If Geno Smith doesn't go #1 DeMontre Moore will. He is 20 years old and will still be 20 by the start of the NFL season. Tremendous upside. Sorry Champ he won't be a Card.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC need a QB. No if or buts about it. They be stupid no to get one.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Yeah but if they aren't convinced by Geno then they could wait til their second round pick where Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, etc have a chance to be there. There's a chance Geno is the only QB that goes in round 1.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
iRobot wrote:

Trade down, maybe?

Geno is good but nobody is paying an RG3 type ransom. ..

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:

Yeah but if they aren't convinced by Geno then they could wait til their second round pick where Barkley, Wilson, Nassib, etc have a chance to be there. There's a chance Geno is the only QB that goes in round 1.

Much as Barkley is down right now I still think some team over reach for him. Only takes one team to like you to get drafted. Depending on Wilson head injury I don't see him slipping to round 2 either.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Going on record. If Geno Smith doesn't go #1 DeMontre Moore will. He is 20 years old and will still be 20 by the start of the NFL season. Tremendous upside. Sorry Champ he won't be a Card.

Chiefs fan here. This is the darkhorse possibility for me. Moore is my mancrush. I talked a little bit about him in another thread in here, but I think he is the most well rounded 3-4 OLB prospect available. He is always around the ball as a run defender and pass rusher.

Justin Houston looks like a long term keeper on one side. Tamba Hali has a great motor and never quits on a play but the fact remains he is physically limited and that will only become more apparent IMO as he gets older. I love his effort but TBH it seems like more and more of his pressures could be attributed to coverage (obviously not all). Basically, I don't think he is a pressure "creator" like Demarcus Ware for example. Moore has that potential plus he is a good run defender.

IF our new GM and coaching staff (hoping and praying!) evaluates Geno Smith and does not come away with an overwhelming feeling that he is a high percentage franchise quarterback, then I have no qualms with them going in a different direction as long as we do end up with a young quarterback to develop in rounds 2 or 3 (Nassib, Glennon, or Dysert?)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
iRobot wrote:

The only note I'd make there is Albert is an UFA this offseason. And so is Dwayne Bowe. If they franchise Bowe and can't come to terms with Albert, Joeckel will obviously be in play.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a video out there, I wish I could find it now, of Kiper and McShay discussing how screwed Kansas City will be with the first overall pick.

Both agree that no quarterback warrants the pick and then begins to discuss KCs needs compared to the top prospects.

Star doesn't fit their system, while they already have two damn good OLB on their team so no need for Jones. Plus after the adventures taking Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson and Powe this past year, could they really get away with another defensive linemen? Their offensive line has Brandon Albert and Eric Winston, so no need for an OT.

Derreck Johnson is playing well this year, but would you consider Teo?

Terrible, terrible spot for KC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: