Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Navorro Bowman Contract Extension!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Navorro Bowman Contract Extension! Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
49ers on verge of a five-year contract extension with LB NaVorro Bowman that will tie him to SF through the 2018. Deal done within 24 hours.

Applause Applause Applause Applause

Lets get The Hawk done next!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will he be the highest paid LB? Daryl Washington just got a HUGE contract a month ago.

FF Fanatic

Was just about to post this. Great to hear!

Now that he's wrapped up, Goldson is the #1 priority. I was with others who believed Bowman was more important, but now if Goldson can squeeze under the cap, there's no need not to keep him here.

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
VD85

thank you jesus!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAAAHHHH!!!!!

49ers are going to have the best duo of inside linebackers for many years to come.

^Kempes^

Last edited by 49ers4life52 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Was just about to post this. Great to hear!

Now that he's wrapped up, Goldson is the #1 priority. I was with others who believed Bowman was more important, but now if Goldson can squeeze under the cap, there's no need not to keep him here.

Agreed, Goldson has continued to improve and is currently helping us have the #2 pass defense.

y2, I think we should get Culliver extended in the offseason before he explodes and wants top 10 CB money Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this coming. I thought we could get away with him being dirt cheap for another year, and give that money to someone else (his name rhymes with Mashon Moldson). Unless this extension is only tacked at the end of his current deal...

I love the fact that we have probably the best LBs in the NFL locked up for a while.

I think we could cut Carlos Rogers in the offseason and save a lot of money. It's not like he's our best corner out there. He's pretty much our third best CB, and he's being paid the most.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Mad Mardigan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is AWESOME news! Very Happy

Also glad to see so much love on this forum for Goldson now. During the offseason there were a large majority of people on here that thought he was asking too much, he wasn't worth the money, he wasn't a top 5 FS in the league... how things have changed... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
I didn't see this coming. I thought we could get away with him being dirt cheap for another year, and give that money to someone else (his name rhymes with Mashon Moldson). Unless this extension is only tacked at the end of his current deal...

I love the fact that we have probably the best LBs in the NFL locked up for a while.

I think we could cut Carlos Rogers in the offseason and save a lot of money. It's not like he's our best corner out there. He's pretty much our third best CB, and he's being paid the most.

Cutting Rogers is a fair question as he is the oldest and we have a emerging CB in Culliver. However, Rogers has played some good ball as of late and right now is the only one who can play the slot. This is why I want to see if we can trick Culliver is getting an extension right now before he wants top 10 money Laughing .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news!!!

As for Goldson, pay this man. He brings something to the field that puts fear in receivers. How many times have we all thought, "is that guy going to get up?" after a big hit by Goldson? He makes guys nervous to go in the middle of the field. Might as well be land mines up the middle.

I was afraid that this was going to happen with Rogers, though. He makes his debut, plays dang near lights out, and then rides the wave the next year. He's not a scrub, but I want to see the level of play he brought last year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
bert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
49ers LB NaVorro Bowman's new deal is worth $45.25 million in new money over its five years. $25.5 million of that is guaranteed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Mardigan wrote:
This is AWESOME news! Very Happy

Also glad to see so much love on this forum for Goldson now. During the offseason there were a large majority of people on here that thought he was asking too much, he wasn't worth the money, he wasn't a top 5 FS in the league... how things have changed... Rolling Eyes

There wasn't a large majority of people... only a handful of people who pointed out that he was, indeed, asking for more than our FO was willing to give him. We, few, supported our FO's decision, as it had yet to fail us. The fact is, no one really knows how much Goldson asked for. We know what our FO offered him two years ago, so we know the very minimum he's been offered last offseason. There's simply no way to tell what he asked.

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Cutting Rogers is a fair question as he is the oldest and we have a emerging CB in Culliver. However, Rogers has played some good ball as of late and right now is the only one who can play the slot. This is why I want to see if we can trick Culliver is getting an extension right now before he wants top 10 money

Rogers can play the slot? The slot has been our biggest weakness all year. I actually think Tarell Brown would be better than Rogers. He's quicker. Or even Perrish Cox. He's physical and has a knack for cutting in front of receivers. If we cut him, I do hope we find a replacement, though. Maybe a veteran on a one year deal, like Carlos himself last year, or an early round CB.

oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! Needed a good reason to drink a few.. and now I have it!

Gonna be interesting to see the numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ, well defending the slot has definitely been a weakness, but Rogers has been the only one playing the position. Now, Culliver has all the physical tools to do it, but he is just learning how to play CB. Brown is intriguing and I'm surprised we haven't given him a look. Maybe he has in practice and just isn't comfortable doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
rudyZ, well defending the slot has definitely been a weakness, but Rogers has been the only one playing the position. Now, Culliver has all the physical tools to do it, but he is just learning how to play CB. Brown is intriguing and I'm surprised we haven't given him a look. Maybe he has in practice and just isn't comfortable doing it.

I like having Cully on the outside. I think he's perfect for it. I'd rather have Rogers outside and Brown in the slot. Maybe the coaches just like Brown better outside, and Rogers covers the slot by default.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: