Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jason Babin released from Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
This is stuff the Raiders can't afford to to do.
The Raiders can't afford the luxury of signing someone then asking them switch position. What if doesn't develop as fast as we hope.
The Raiders need building blocks. Safe players who can contribute right away.

I'd rather ask Nnamdi to play FS at this stage in his career than rely on Giordano another season. I would say the Raiders can afford to do that.

You act like 'building blocks' are just lying there waiting to be signed. The Raiders need to absolutely nail the draft and free agency this offseason just to hopefully find one or two.

Building blocks are there to be signed called FA.
The GM has do better job evaluating and signing them.
This off season the Raiders signed 4 FAs if they all played well the Raiders would have been in a pretty good spot but only one in four is playing well and that's a big setback.

You don't get building blocks from FA you get building blocks from the draft. FA is the finish.

FA should be used for need draft for depth.

Stop just stop with the only way to build is through the draft.
Half of he people drafted will never play in a game. Most will be out of the NFL in one year.
Take a look at Green Bay they have the best draft history in last five years. They have only 11 staters from the draft over the last 5 years.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936

You need to stop.

Yes, you can add depth and role players in FA. But to get a great, impact type you have to break the bank to do it and that's assuming said player wants to sign with the team.

We've been down that road, and it failed.

Washington for years went heavy in FA to build their team and failed. Since Shanahan has been on board Orakpo, Kerrigan, RGIII, Morris, etc. have been added and they are better for it.

You don't build a team in FA. You build in the draft.

What don't you understand about building blocks.
I never said anything about star players.
I said you need to sign some safe building blocks in FAs.
Don't think of the Raiders that's typical team, think of them more like an expansion team. The Raiders may need up to 25-30 players next year.

A 'building block' and a 'role player' are two different things in my mind.

A building block reads, this is a player you build around. This is your star talent. You put role players around them.

Signing a bunch of FA 'role players' is more reloading than rebuilding IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguars just claimed Babin.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we put a claim as well. Surprising.
holyghost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Well, we are horridly desperate and on pace for a team record low in sacks. so...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Well, we are horridly desperate and on pace for a team record low in sacks. so...

Quote:
Possible #Raiders were going to cut LB Rolando McClain if were awarded claim on DE Jason Babin. McClain was on field for start of practice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

Very. Wouldn't that have meant we'd be responsible for his salary?
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Quote:
Possible #Raiders were going to cut LB Rolando McClain if were awarded claim on DE Jason Babin. McClain was on field for start of practice

Crazy!
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:
The Raiders can't afford the luxury of signing someone then asking them switch position. What if doesn't develop as fast as we hope.

I'd rather ask Nnamdi to play FS at this stage in his career than rely on Giordano another season. I would say the Raiders can afford to do that.

You act like 'building blocks' are just lying there waiting to be signed. The Raiders need to absolutely nail the draft and free agency this offseason just to hopefully find one or two.

This off season the Raiders signed 4 FAs if they all played well the Raiders would have been in a pretty good spot but only one in four is playing well and that's a big setback.

You don't get building blocks from FA you get building blocks from the draft. FA is the finish.

Half of he people drafted will never play in a game. Most will be out of the NFL in one year.
Take a look at Green Bay they have the best draft history in last five years. They have only 11 staters from the draft over the last 5 years.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/04/04/11/Maiocco-Five-year-study-of-NFL-drafts/landing_maiocco_v3.html?blockID=496960&feedID=5936

Lol, you do know that article is from April '11 and they have had 2 more drafts since then. It is up to 29 now more than half the roster 14 starters. Only Saturday, Woodson and Pickett were obtained as free agents the rest UDFA.
#clueless
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Lol, you do know that article is from April '11 and they have had 2 more drafts since then. It is up to 29 now more than half the roster 14 starters. Only Saturday, Woodson and Pickett were obtained as free agents the rest UDFA.

Thanks for making my point in seven years the Raiders will have 29 starters. The Raiders can't wait seven years or even three years. They need new players next year. Because the poor past drafts the Raiders have nothing in the way of young players being developed. You can't have a team with 30 rookies on it.

By the way Favre was drafted by Atlanta.
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Thanks for making my point in seven years the Raiders will have 29 starters. The Raiders can't wait seven years or even three years. They need new players next year. Because the poor past drafts the Raiders have nothing in the way of young players being developed. You can't have a team with 30 rookies on it.

Lol, we are talking about building blocks. Just because we have drafted poorly in the past under a different regime is no reason to continue that policy. Packers have built their roster mainly through the draft and not through FA. That is the best way to build a team. Trying to fix things in 1 year will not work. Raiders are a prime example of that.

Favre has retired you do know that ?
#clueless
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Not sure where we came into it ?
Quote:

Souce who reviewed NFL's personnel notice says 3 teams placed a claim for ex #Eagles DE Jason Babin: #Jaguars #Bills #Redskins

#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
holyghost wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Quote:

He's Gone.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Lol, we are talking about building blocks. Just because we have drafted poorly in the past under a different regime is no reason to continue that policy. Packers have built their roster mainly through the draft and not through FA. That is the best way to build a team. Trying to fix things in 1 year will not work. Raiders are a prime example of that.

Are you kidding me. Do you really believe this team can be rebuilt through the draft alone.
If so explain yourself how many starters can we possibly get from the draft in a year? do you expect the Raiders to keep on losing for 3-4 years and if so what makes you think that the Raiders own FAs won't leave?
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Are you kidding me. Do you really believe this team can be rebuilt through the draft alone.
If so explain yourself how many starters can we possibly get from the draft in a year? do you expect the Raiders to keep on losing for 3-4 years and if so what makes you think that the Raiders own FAs won't leave?

Building blocks start with the draft not FA which was your original point. Good franchises build through the draft not FA. Not sure which part of that you fail to comprehend but given that you have given a 2 year old article as part of your explanation I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
#clueless
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
Dessie wrote:
bitty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
bitty wrote:

Building blocks start with the draft not FA which was your original point. Good franchises build through the draft not FA. Not sure which part of that you fail to comprehend but given that you have given a 2 year old article as part of your explanation I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

The article points out the players drafting up to five years because the rookie contracts are up after five years then they are FAs. Now do you understand why it doesn't matter that it's two years old.

I said it once and I'll say it again for you guys think of the Raiders as an expansion team. There are just too many holes to be filled through the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: